Flights - Israel V Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Flights

irnbruman

Flying out Sunday from Stanstead to Istanbul on the Sunday. Istanbul to Tel Aviv on the Tuesday. Istanbul stunning city. 86 quid with Pegasus airlines. 

Checking on skyscanner ..a lot of multi .city trips coming in cheaper than direct for the way back. Defintely getting out of Israel on the Friday before it shuts doon for the Sabbath ..just waiting to pick somewhere on way back. Athens looks a decent option so far ..but probs going to wait and see if the low cost airlines reduce their prices out of tel aviv .

Got a cracking deal on Turkish Airlines, out Edinburgh on the Monday afternoon, but heading to Beirut for a day in Lebanon then on to Amman for a couple of days in Jordan (trip down to Petra planned) before moving on to Tel Aviv for a few days.

Home 00:55 on the Saturday via Istanbul (in to Edinburgh for 9:30am)

56 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

I’m the same - depart Edinburgh on the Sunday for Istanbul, two nights there as I’ve never been to Turkey then onto Tel Aviv on the Tuesday. Fly home on the Friday Air France via Paris 👍🏼

I'm still considering the Air France flight to Paris , then to Birmingham or Manchester on the Saturday or Sunday. But with Paris being close enough and been there quite a few times , I'm still favouring Athens. I stayed in Istanbul for one night before flying on to Tbilisi for the Georgia game. Its the most visually stunning city Ive seen - great for a wee jaunt on the different ferries across the Bosphorus. Didn't realise its five times the size and population of London.

On 30/01/2018 at 4:33 PM, Scotland Ever More said:

Luton - Tel Aviv £185 return Tuesday- Friday.

Leaves Tel Aviv around 9pm so back the early hours of Saturday morning then fly to Glasgow at 7am.

I assume Wizzair?  Wednesday to Saturday for me £252.oo but still reasonable. Transfer costs from airport not too cheap though :blink:

On 01/02/2018 at 5:21 PM, j b lyons said:

I assume Wizzair?  Wednesday to Saturday for me £252.oo but still reasonable. Transfer costs from airport not too cheap though :blink:

On 01/02/2018 at 5:42 PM, Scotland Ever More said:

Aye Wizzair. I haven't even looked at transfers yet tbh 

The shuttle bus to Tel Aviv is about £15, not sure about prices to Jerusalem or Haifa but if you’re staying in either of those places get a shared taxi, called a sherut . Sheruts are common in Israel, usually a minibus but you can always find some dodgy big cars in Tel Aviv operating as sheruts. 

7 hours ago, G-Man said:

The shuttle bus to Tel Aviv is about £15, not sure about prices to Jerusalem or Haifa but if you’re staying in either of those places get a shared taxi, called a sherut . Sheruts are common in Israel, usually a minibus but you can always find some dodgy big cars in Tel Aviv operating as sheruts. 

Will keep that in mind, cheers.

• 1 month later...

Just got round to booking flights to Tel Aviv, BA out of Heathrow Wednesday return Monday.£318 return,lots of cheaper options but the flight times are shite..Easy jet and Wizz out of Luton means staying a night down there before departure and a night on returning.Luton the last place God created.

On 20/03/2018 at 3:33 PM, scottcross said:

Just got round to booking flights to Tel Aviv, BA out of Heathrow Wednesday return Monday.£318 return,lots of cheaper options but the flight times are shite..Easy jet and Wizz out of Luton means staying a night down there before departure and a night on returning.Luton the last place God created.

We’re on the BA flight that gets in at midnight.

Also looked at Transavia from Amsterdam which are good times and cheap but would have needed to stay in Amsterdam the Tuesday night and collect luggage and re- check on the way home.

Flying out, Manchester / Berlin / Tel Aviv. Ryanair/El Al...£177 total....Tuesday afternoon for 10pm flight, arrive very early doors Weds 03.05. Tel Aviv..Train up to Haifa, apartment 10 mins from stadium on seafront..return Friday 1am train back to Tel Aviv airport for early doors flight. Neebs doing same from Glasgow 13.20, Ryanair out Easyjet back Glasgow 1pm... same price.

• 4 weeks later...

Is anybody going via Sofia with Ryanair from Glasgow Wed night back Sunday ? Then the wizz air Thursday 6am to Tel Aviv ? For anyone looking to go that way, it was about £170 when i booked it . 

However as lone soldier looking for anyone to have a few drinks with in Sofia airport .

• 2 weeks later...