Jump to content
DonnyTJS

So, how do we think the 'like' function's going?

Recommended Posts

Evening All

A few months back, when this new, bells-&-whistles version of the board was in its infancy, there was some discussion about whether the 'like' feature should be resurrected after a previous, disastrous attempt years ago (you could also 'dislike' posts in that version and it all ended in tantrums and tears - thanks Phart). I was agin it, due to the likelihood of normal message-board discourse being distorted by a flood of vacuous 'like-bait' posts (and because I knew I wouldn't be very popular).

How wrong I was (apart from my relative lack of popularity). Instead of the board being awash with like-bait, we seem to be witnessing a wholly unexpected phenomenon - an Old-Firm-esque-of-yore domination of the TAMB league table by DoonTheSlope and Ormond.

Now, I can think of three possible explanations for this:

1. Ormond and DTS continuously post fucking superb stuff that simply leaves the rest of us in the shade.

2. They have cunningly registered under alternative user-names with the sole purpose of liking themselves into a masturbatory orgy of apparent popularity.

3. There's a behind-the-scenes mutual liking going on that is quite frankly gay. And of course I don't mean 'gay' in the politically incorrect sense of mild disparagement; I mean full-on, mano-a-mano indulgence in the-love-that-once-dared-not-speak-its-name gay.

Weighing up the probabilities, I think it's most likely option 1, in which case the rest of us need to up the quality of our posts. But I'm willing to be persuaded otherwise ...

Edit: Perhaps we could have a poll?

Edited by DonnyTJS
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey i just showed the flaws in the system by using it to instigate drama.

Also nice disguised "give me likes" post.

I reckon option 3.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish the Admins of the site would spend less time sorting logos and like buttons, and actually set up forums for our competitive away games we have planned.

Almost a week gone since Nations League fixtures were announce, and still no sub-forums.

 

 

Edited by Brummie Hibs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

Evening All

A few months back, when this new, bells-&-whistles version of the board was in its infancy, there was some discussion about whether the 'like' feature should be resurrected after a previous, disastrous attempt years ago (you could also 'dislike' posts in that version and it all ended in tantrums and tears - thanks Phart). I was agin it, due to the likelihood of normal message-board discourse being distorted by a flood of vacuous 'like-bait' posts (and because I knew I wouldn't be very popular).

How wrong I was (apart from my relative lack of popularity). Instead of the board being awash with like-bait, we seem to be witnessing a wholly unexpected phenomenon - an Old-Firm-esque-of-yore domination of the TAMB league table by DoonTheSlope and Ormond.

Now, I can think of three possible explanations for this:

1. Ormond and DTS continuously post fucking superb stuff that simply leaves the rest of us in the shade.

2. They have cunningly registered under alternative user-names with the sole purpose of liking themselves into a masturbatory orgy of apparent popularity.

3. There's a behind-the-scenes mutual liking going on that is quite frankly gay. And of course I don't mean 'gay' in the politically incorrect sense of mild disparagement; I mean full-on, mano-a-mano indulgence in the-love-that-once-dared-not-speak-its-name gay.

Weighing up the probabilities, I think it's most likely option 1, in which case the rest of us need to up the quality of our posts. But I'm willing to be persuaded otherwise ...

Edit: Perhaps we could have a poll?

^^^^ 'Like-bait' type post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

Evening All

A few months back, when this new, bells-&-whistles version of the board was in its infancy, there was some discussion about whether the 'like' feature should be resurrected after a previous, disastrous attempt years ago (you could also 'dislike' posts in that version and it all ended in tantrums and tears - thanks Phart). I was agin it, due to the likelihood of normal message-board discourse being distorted by a flood of vacuous 'like-bait' posts (and because I knew I wouldn't be very popular).

How wrong I was (apart from my relative lack of popularity). Instead of the board being awash with like-bait, we seem to be witnessing a wholly unexpected phenomenon - an Old-Firm-esque-of-yore domination of the TAMB league table by DoonTheSlope and Ormond.

Now, I can think of three possible explanations for this:

1. Ormond and DTS continuously post fucking superb stuff that simply leaves the rest of us in the shade.

2. They have cunningly registered under alternative user-names with the sole purpose of liking themselves into a masturbatory orgy of apparent popularity.

3. There's a behind-the-scenes mutual liking going on that is quite frankly gay. And of course I don't mean 'gay' in the politically incorrect sense of mild disparagement; I mean full-on, mano-a-mano indulgence in the-love-that-once-dared-not-speak-its-name gay.

Weighing up the probabilities, I think it's most likely option 1, in which case the rest of us need to up the quality of our posts. But I'm willing to be persuaded otherwise ...

Edit: Perhaps we could have a poll?

I could quite believe Ormond and DTS are the same person. Or DTS might actually be Ormonds ‘wife’. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I could quite believe Ormond and DTS are the same person. Or DTS might actually be Ormonds ‘wife’. 

I know all the people mentioned above in person. I can vouch they are three separate individuals. 

 

 

Doon the Slope is the cutest though 🙊🏳️‍🌈

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

I know all the people mentioned above in person. I can vouch they are three separate individuals. 

 

 

Doon the Slope is the cutest though 🙊🏳️‍🌈

I knew I should have gone for Option 3 🙁

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

I know all the people mentioned above in person. I can vouch they are three separate individuals. 

 

 

Doon the Slope is the cutest though 🙊🏳️‍🌈

I've got a wee bit of a crush on you myself teeks 😘🏳️‍🌈

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

Evening All

A few months back, when this new, bells-&-whistles version of the board was in its infancy, there was some discussion about whether the 'like' feature should be resurrected after a previous, disastrous attempt years ago (you could also 'dislike' posts in that version and it all ended in tantrums and tears - thanks Phart). I was agin it, due to the likelihood of normal message-board discourse being distorted by a flood of vacuous 'like-bait' posts (and because I knew I wouldn't be very popular).

How wrong I was (apart from my relative lack of popularity). Instead of the board being awash with like-bait, we seem to be witnessing a wholly unexpected phenomenon - an Old-Firm-esque-of-yore domination of the TAMB league table by DoonTheSlope and Ormond.

Now, I can think of three possible explanations for this:

1. Ormond and DTS continuously post fucking superb stuff that simply leaves the rest of us in the shade.

2. They have cunningly registered under alternative user-names with the sole purpose of liking themselves into a masturbatory orgy of apparent popularity.

3. There's a behind-the-scenes mutual liking going on that is quite frankly gay. And of course I don't mean 'gay' in the politically incorrect sense of mild disparagement; I mean full-on, mano-a-mano indulgence in the-love-that-once-dared-not-speak-its-name gay.

Weighing up the probabilities, I think it's most likely option 1, in which case the rest of us need to up the quality of our posts. But I'm willing to be persuaded otherwise ...

Edit: Perhaps we could have a poll?

I am not giving you one for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has Ormond actually been seen since his wedding anniversary ?  Has DTS done away with him in a fit of jealous matrimonial rage?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Certainly isn't 1. Ormond posts good stuff, DTS on the other hand is tediously dull. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Parklife said:

Certainly isn't 1. Ormond posts good stuff, DTS on the other hand is tediously dull. 

A love triangle. How quaint . 😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Has Ormond actually been seen since his wedding anniversary ?  Has DTS done away with him in a fit of jealous matrimonial rage?  

Ormond is currently battering his liver to pieces in New Orleans. Back home tomorrow though. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, McTeeko said:

I know all the people mentioned above in person. I can vouch they are three separate individuals. 

 

 

Doon the Slope is the cutest though 🙊🏳️‍🌈

Two gay guys were choking for me yesterday in a pub called Napoleon’s Itch. Kept telling my Mrs that I was adorable. :) 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TAMB1 Can you enable a way to find out who, in particular clicks the likes/laughy faces, etc on our posts? There is absolutely no point in having the function I feel if gratitude is given anonymously.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mods, don't do that. Anonymously is the best way and the way it was set up. Plus folk aren't as popular as they think.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ormond said:

@TAMB1 Can you enable a way to find out who, in particular clicks the likes/laughy faces, etc on our posts? There is absolutely no point in having the function I feel if gratitude is given anonymously.

Are you planning on sending a Valentines card to the person who loves you most ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TDYER63 said:

Are you planning on sending a Valentines card to the person who loves you most ? 

Ormond disnae dae Valentine’s. :mad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×