Bids to replace Hampden - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bids to replace Hampden

Toepoke

Well if the Daily Mail is to be believed this is not as cut and dry as it seems.SFA wont bully us on Hampden sale  vow QP

They met on Wednesday with SFA for preliminary discussions.No fee has been discussed,no date set for next meeting and SFA still talking about the summer to come to a decision.Although transfer of ownership has been agreed in principle it will not go ahead unless terms of transaction is acceptable to QP

4 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Funny I would say up to Cathcart and down to Queens Park, I must be posher than you. On second thought maybe not were is Cathcart again?

Cathcart is down from Hampden by any measure going - it’s south, it’s heading out of town and it’s even down a slight hill. 

25 minutes ago, Langtonian said:

Well if the Daily Mail is to be believed this is not as cut and dry as it seems.SFA wont bully us on Hampden sale  vow QP

They met on Wednesday with SFA for preliminary discussions.No fee has been discussed,no date set for next meeting and SFA still talking about the summer to come to a decision.Although transfer of ownership has been agreed in principle it will not go ahead unless terms of transaction is acceptable to QP

The SFA have got QP by the Niagara Falls and I can’t see anything else other than a cut price sale. 

The SFA just need to make sure QP are not too disadvantaged though as if they go out of business due to this it will be a disgrace. 

8 hours ago, adamntg said:

Cathcart is down from Hampden by any measure going - it’s south, it’s heading out of town and it’s even down a slight hill. 

I always used to go up to Newton Mearns and down to Shawlands when I lived in Whitecraigs.

I was thinking of the nice bit of Cathcart on the way to Clarkston for about the Govanhill end

18 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I always used to go up to Newton Mearns and down to Shawlands when I lived in Whitecraigs.

I was thinking of the nice bit of Cathcart on the way to Clarkston for about the Govanhill end

Newton Mearns is at the top of a hill though.  

On 5 April 2018 at 12:30 PM, wanderer said:

Talk is GCC are going to rent office space in the South Stand (there has been rumors for years that there is two floors in the south stand that have been sitting empty since construction was completed in 1999) and SFA hope to make some rent off of this.

GCC are not going to pump millions into Hampden, but will probably help out improving infrastructure and facilities around the ground, rather than anything inside the stadium.

SRU effectively cleared all their debt which has been a noose around their neck for the last 20 odd years just by selling the naming rights to Murrayfield, so would imagine we will see similar happening at Hampden (and I do not think the SFA are in debt anywhere near to what the SRU were for many years).

You would imagine that the current administration in GCC would be more amenable to investment in and around Hampden for some pretty obvious reasons. 

• 3 weeks later...

See this talk of the pitch? Does Murrayfield no have a pitch that’s partially artificial? Am I imagining that? If not and there was to be one home for two sports which by the way I think is the correct way to go for a small country like us could this type of playing surface not help?

On 4/7/2018 at 7:30 AM, ceudmilefailte said:

Cathcart is not next to Govanhill. Going South and down (although after Cathcart you do start to go up hill) is Govanhill > Crosshill > Battlefield or Mount Florida > Cathcart > etc etc

• 4 weeks later...