Bids to replace Hampden - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bids to replace Hampden

Toepoke

4 minutes ago, tartanmartin said:

you still said a match sold out which didn't.  that's what I pulled you for. #fakenews

FFS The key fact here is that thousands of Scotland fans got tickets for the game that wouldn't have done had it been held at Hampden in both of those matches.. Not to forget all the Cup Finals that leave thousands of fans disappointed due to Hampden's capacity.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Is the money there though? Definitewly a good idea.

We have been spunking money at them for memberships long enough, must be something. They have various sponsors too. Ask the government to take it to Westminster 😂😂

4 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

My point is that if anything is to be done to Hampden (doubt the cash is there) then the chance has to be taken to increase the capacity. 

something we agree on :)
I know someone mentioned before about a burn running under the stadium but I'm sure that obstacle could be bridged and the pitch lowered to add extra rows.  problems = solutions.

9 minutes ago, tartanmartin said:

something we agree on :)
I know someone mentioned before about a burn running under the stadium but I'm sure that obstacle could be bridged and the pitch lowered to add extra rows.  problems = solutions.

Interesting solution, but I think diverting the burn rather than bridging it might make for a more flowing game of football. Your solution would be more akin to Krazy Golf, or Scott Brown bringing out his inner Horatius Cocles.

On 2/1/2018 at 11:27 PM, DonnyTJS said:

Interesting solution, but I think diverting the burn rather than bridging it might make for a more flowing game of football. Your solution would be more akin to Krazy Golf, or Scott Brown bringing out his inner Horatius Cocles.

For when we play you lot, we are going to rename the burn Bannockburn and the bridge will be called Stirling Bridge. The burn will be wide enough that you can't jump over it and it will run across the pitch just outside our penalty box. And we are not changing ends at half time.:ok:

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

For when we play you lot, we are going to rename the burn Bannockburn and the bridge will be called Stirling Bridge. The burn will be wide enough that you can't jump over it and it will run across the pitch just outside our penalty box. And we are not changing ends at half time.:ok:

I was there..

It’s just got to be Hampden. I’d like it to be improved though, with the pitch being lowered and seating continued down to pitch-side, a new un-garish roof, and nice new seats with no wanky big letters outlined with different coloured seats. Could maybe make a tartan pattern with seats? Or is that maybe a bit too much ‘och aye the noo’? And that classic Hampden shape should be retained forever and ever and ever 👍 Hampden is a genuine Scottish icon with masses of history and a few moany beggars looking to save few quid should not matter in this context. That we are even entertaining the idea of leaving is absolutely shocking!

11 minutes ago, DizzyVizion said:

It’s just got to be Hampden. I’d like it to be improved though, with the pitch being lowered and seating continued down to pitch-side, a new un-garish roof, and nice new seats with no wanky big letters outlined with different coloured seats. Could maybe make a tartan pattern with seats? Or is that maybe a bit too much ‘och aye the noo’? And that classic Hampden shape should be retained forever and ever and ever 👍 Hampden is a genuine Scottish icon with masses of history and a few moany beggars looking to save few quid should not matter in this context. That we are even entertaining the idea of leaving is absolutely shocking!

horrified GIF

1 hour ago, DizzyVizion said:

Good idea, we could co-ordinate them with a tartan pitch and some scatter  cushions . None of this modern pish though, a good traditional tartan. 👍

You are bang on though, Hampden needs to stay. 

• 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

SFA to buy Hampden?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sfa-plan-buy-hampden-deal-12067172

Interesting quote from the article...

"The SFA are looking at putting safe standing areas behind the goals before ­redeveloping the east and west stands to bring fans closer to the action."

Interesting if true. 

I wouldn’t believe anything I read in the Daily Record though. 

Are safe standing areas allowed for internationals? 

13 minutes ago, Ormond said:

It’s in more than just the Record.

I can only see the Scotsman reporting it (as well as the Record) and they haven’t mentioned the safe standing areas or redevelopment of the east and west stands. 

I’m sure there’s some truth to it but I wouldn’t believe the Record’s unnamed ‘source’ from the SFA.  

3 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I can only see the Scotsman reporting it (as well as the Record) and they haven’t mentioned the safe standing areas or redevelopment of the east and west stands. 

I’m sure there’s some truth to it but I wouldn’t believe the Record’s unnamed ‘source’ from the SFA.  

I’m absolutely with you on the Record being a shower of cunts but I’d believe the quote from Queens Park and that’s good enough to see that the ball has been set rolling.