Albania v Scotland - Albania V Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Albania v Scotland

HOT SHOT HAMISH

1 minute ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I tried to book those but it kept me waiting for ages then said they were unavailable.

Going to wait for Wizzair to release their flights from Luton and try again.

Aye, the website clogged to a virtual standstill. 

BA also seemed to have changed their website this week, I booked flights on Monday and the site looked very different. Maybe there was some problems.

14 minutes ago, HOT SHOT HAMISH said:

Ok, Tirana airport bar it is!!!!.Heard its really cheap over there 65/70p a pint. 

65-70p a pint is a myth. You'll pay that for cans in the supermarket.

The airport bar is £3 a pint. In central Tirana it's £2-3 a pint in most places. In backstreet cafes you might get the local beers at £1 - £1.50 a pint.

4 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

The airport bar is £3 a pint. In central Tirana it's £2-3 a pint in most places. In backstreet cafes you might get the local beers at £1 - £1.50 a pint.

Did sound too good to be true!!! Once the pubs fill up with Scots you can be sure the prices will go up and up.

12 minutes ago, HOT SHOT HAMISH said:

Did sound too good to be true!!! Once the pubs fill up with Scots you can be sure the prices will go up and up.

As per previous manoeuvres, although the Cutty Sark in Ljubljana was very cheap. A round of four was less than €10

Edited by DoonTheSlope

On sale now:

BA via Gatwick

Turkish via Istanbul

Still to be released:

Wizz air from Luton

Wizz air from Budapest

Transavia from Amsterdam

Transavia from Paris Orly

All of these served with regular direct flights from Edinburgh or Glasgow so just one stop. Keep your eyes open for these going on sale.

Edited by chewie

18 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Sorry folks - the figures I quoted above should be read in € and not £.

3 hours ago, torontoarab said:

prices went up on BA (bastards but fair play to them for being on the ball) looking like transavia for me. were decent for Slovenia although they don't fly Sunday.

Nothing to do with BA being 'on the ball' - it's the load factor that dictates what happens to prices. More seats sold = higher prices for the remaining seats.

3 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Nothing to do with BA being 'on the ball' - it's the load factor that dictates what happens to prices. More seats sold = higher prices for the remaining seats.

Also folk constantly checking out the route (I notice the price jump up and down all day yesterday)

On 25/01/2018 at 9:56 PM, chewie said:

On sale now:

BA via Gatwick

Turkish via Istanbul

Still to be released:

Wizz air from Luton

Wizz air from Budapest

Transavia from Amsterdam

Transavia from Paris Orly

All of these served with regular direct flights from Edinburgh or Glasgow so just one stop. Keep your eyes open for these going on sale.

Also add to that Austrian Air from Heathrow T2 via Vienna.

Thats what we have booked up. £186 pp return (on Wednesday night). Out Friday, back Sunday.

Dont know if you can get to Vienna from Edinburgh or Glasgow? Worth a look.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby