Club vs Country - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Club vs Country

DoonTheSlope

Club vs Country  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Country vs Club

• Club Before Country
    • Country Before Club

48 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

If I had to really choose and give up doing one for financial reasons or whatever then then I'd stop watching Scotland.

Watching club football is just must more a part of my life. I do it 40 odd weeks of the year, every year.

Nowhere near 40 games a year at the moment, but I’d fall into that category too.

Club football is your bread and butter.

Having said that if I’d to miss a Motherwell  to get to a Scotland game as a one off, I’d probably pick the Scotland game, but if I’d to chuck one altogether probably international football.

Its a bit like asking which of my kids I prefer. :lol:

I'd place my country above Aberdeen but previously when I was younger it was the other way around.

Aberdeen is the bread and butter but I find the league too repetitive due to the 3-4 games a season stuff. I also find the club game frustrating due to the increasing difference between the wealthy clubs and the rest of us, that's worldwide and not just here.

Internationals are a refreshing break from the club scene, often a chance to watch players I don't get to see often or in the case of more obscure opponents, ever. I would give anything to represent Scotland.

Country. 

Someone made a crude analysis of British people which seperated them in to two camps - the ‘somewheres’ and the ‘anywheres’, which broadly corresponded with how people voted in the EU Referrendum.  They said that people who could only live ‘somewhere’ vastly outnumber those who could live ‘anywhere’.  There is going to be many different factors, however parochialism will trump most motivators when it comes to deciding which team takes precedence. 

For me its country every time. 

For me, it’s country. I still go to club games when I can but I never miss a Scotland game. 

Sadly, for most players it’s club over country. You can’t blame them I suppose but if I was a player, pulling on the dark blue jersey would be the pinnacle. 

8 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

For me, it’s country. I still go to club games when I can but I never miss a Scotland game. 

Sadly, for most players it’s club over country. You can’t blame them I suppose but if I was a player, pulling on the dark blue jersey would be the pinnacle. 

What is your club Pete?

34 minutes ago, Ormond said:

What is your club Pete?

I’m a Rangers supporter. I gave up my season ticket when I moved to the US and didn’t bother getting a new one when I came home. 

Still go to games but I would choose Hampden over Ibrox. Not that Scotland and Rangers ever play at the sane time so I guess I’ll never have to make that decision for real.