Club vs Country - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Club vs Country

DoonTheSlope

Club vs Country  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Country vs Club

• Club Before Country
    • Country Before Club

4 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I see your point Craig. I wish there were more Saltires at Celtic Park. Thing is, because of Celtics Irish roots, we have a large Irish following. I have no problem with that..Just wish there were more Saltires. Good point though m8..

Who gives a fuck? If you want to see Saltires then go to a Scotland match or a Yes rally.

Club. In part due to the media.

Questions like 'would I take an FA Cup / Premier League Championship for club over a World Cup for country' don't apply because DRFC aren't going to get close. If they did, it would be because a billionaire has decided to spunk his wealth into the club, in which case the soul would be gone and I'd no longer be supporting them anyway.

12 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

Club. In part due to the media.

Questions like 'would I take an FA Cup / Premier League Championship for club over a World Cup for country' don't apply because DRFC aren't going to get close. If they did, it would be because a billionaire has decided to spunk his wealth into the club, in which case the soul would be gone and I'd no longer be supporting them anyway.

Should check out the documentary 30 for 30 Survive and Advance. It may give you hope for a third alternative. Also it's one of the best sports documentaries made, imo ofc.

http://www.espn.com/30for30/film?page=survive and advance

If pushed I used to say country but last 5 or 10 years or so Id take my team every time and they are fucking shite just now. I’m rapidly losing faith and interest in Scotland.  From the suits in charge, to some of the players and im afraid to say even some of our own supporters. Depressing really:(

9 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

If pushed I used to say country but last 5 or 10 years or so Id take my team every time and they are fucking shite just now. I’m rapidly losing faith and interest in Scotland.  From the suits in charge, to some of the players and im afraid to say even some of our own supporters. Depressing really:(

Agree 100% - i'm getting too old & wise for gladly accepting (yet another) boot in the baws.

1 hour ago, Jim Beem said:

This - I've far more of a connection with my club, it's fans etc than I do with Scotland now.

9 hours ago, phart said:

Should check out the documentary 30 for 30 Survive and Advance. It may give you hope for a third alternative. Also it's one of the best sports documentaries made, imo ofc.

http://www.espn.com/30for30/film?page=survive and advance

Ta. I like a good 30 for 30. I'll give it a go this weekend.

16 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Agree with this. Regan, levein and then Strachan sucked the life out of a great support and it’s getting worse.

16 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

I'd say the same. Used to be I was more enthusiastic about Scotland than Aberdeen but it has now flipped due to a variety of reasons. Still going to Scotland games though as I did with Aberdeen when we were putting up with crap from McGhee.

As a juniors supporter, my club often play at the same time as Scotland and usually I would choose Scotland, since there were fewer opportunities to watch the national side in a given year.

However, lately the clashes have been fewer as UEFA's daft Week of Football sees games not played on Saturday afternoons. But less inclined to go to Scotland games owing to 1) Daft timings, 2) SFA stupidity 3) SFA lack of concern for fans 4) Strachan's obstinate team and squad choices until it was too late

Its club everytime.

The clubs pay the wages,  train the players,  sign the players, deal with contracts, do eveything else.     Name one thing the national side does??? 

Plays the players and thats it.

National football is just an optional extra we have to endure.      I still like it but we all know which one would have to punted if one HAD to go.