Scott Brown Getting His Excuses In Early - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scott Brown Getting His Excuses In Early

DoonTheSlope

11 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

Why should more be expected of them? Modern players don't get many breaks so why should they lose holiday time to go and play meaningless friendlies at the other side of the world?

One, because you get the chance to play for your country.

Two, because when you sign up for representing your country you don't have it in small print that you will only travel to games that are x miles radius from Glasgow. Scott Brown plays Scotland like it's his toy. He can get to fuck for all I care. Who the hell is he to keep deciding when and where he fancies turning out for us?

Just now, ceudmilefailte said:

However the majority of players do want to play for their country Brown included, just not half way around the world in June!

I have no issues with players missing friendlies and in Brown's case anyway we need to be thinking about blooding new players to replace him. But that doesn't change that people should quit looking at these players as if the sun shines out of their backsides. I find that nauseating. Lest we forget Brown quit international football once before missing qualifying matches. And I am not singling out him as others have done this before or pulled out through injury then turn out for their clubs a few days later.

5 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

However the majority of players do want to play for their country Brown included, just not half way around the world in June!

They don't know they're born. I'll happily only have 6 days holiday per annum but at the same time enjoy several all expenses paid trips abroad to play football.... and rake in thousands of pounds every week for the privilege and have half days most of the time

Meanwhile Scotty Broon and the greatest young full Back in the history of world football can get up at 4:20 every morning and often work 10-12 hour shifts just so they can travel the length and breadth of Europe and beyond to support me playing football 

Edited by DoonTheSlope

2 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

They don't know they're born. I'll happily only have 6 days holiday per annum but at the same time enjoy several all expenses paid trips abroad to play football.... and rake in thousands of pounds every week for the privilege 

Meanwhile Scotty Broon and the greatest young full Back in the history of world football can get up at 4:20 every morning and often work 10-12 hour shifts just so they can travel the length and breadth of Europe and beyond to support me playing football 

Spot on 

13 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Two, because when you sign up for representing your country you don't have it in small print that you will only travel to games that are x miles radius from Glasgow. Scott Brown plays Scotland like it's his toy. He can get to fuck for all I care. Who the hell is he to keep deciding when and where he fancies turning out for us?

Genuine question - how many squads has Brown withdrawn from over the years, not counting his self-imposed exile in 2016?

6 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

They don't know they're born. I'll happily only have 6 days holiday per annum but at the same time enjoy several all expenses paid trips abroad to play football.... and rake in thousands of pounds every week for the privilege and have half days most of the time

So would I but that's not the point.  The argument is that this amount of football is not good long term for a football player physically. I assume if you were playing for Scotland you would want to do it to the best of your ability.

Anyway as I said lets wait and see what happens, but as for Browns interview all he has done is point out the obvious. 

Was looking at stats the other day and noticed that Brown had ran the 17th highest distance in the Champions league, perhaps he deserves a rest.

Maybe my highland league select will be a man short and I can draft you in.

40 minutes ago, Ormond said:

They're not playing for their country that stopped being the case about 30 years ago when it boils down to it they're representing an undemocratic, unrepresentative organisation that's part of a wider network that's run by crooks

Just now, Larky Masher said:

They're not playing for their country that stopped being the case about 30 years ago when it boils down to it they're representing an undemocratic, unrepresentative organisation that's part of a wider network that's run by crooks

:lol:

If Brown is so tired why don't Celtic rest him more often ?

I don't actually know if it does happen at all but I'm guessing he's played most games and they can breeze the league without him playing all season .

Plenty of scope for Brendan Rodgers to rest him Aug-May.

1 minute ago, fringo said:

I don't actually know if it does happen at all but I'm guessing he's played most games and they can breeze the league without him playing all season .

Think Rodgers rested all his Scottish players before a Scotland qualifier last campaign, I pointed it out but think I was ignored

11 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Think Rodgers rested all his Scottish players before a Scotland qualifier last campaign, I pointed it out but think I was ignored

True and I remember it now you mention it.

I'll partly retract my previous comment, as this is mostly about Brown (not the other Scots) and he could do this far more often for Brown but I don't know if he does.

Not for Scotland's sake, but for Brown if he needs a rest during the season.

Setting aside Brown personally, is it better for Scottish football if the Celtic (Scotland) players get competitive Champions League experience through - and so beyond - the summer, than take part in a far flung friendly?

And if we're talking of Brown specifically, then what are we going to learn about Brown that we don't already know, shouldn't we be building for the future, trying out new squad players?

Edited by exile

11 hours ago, fringo said:

The Brechin match would have been the ideal chance to do just that but Rodgers played them. 

Time for brown to hang up his boots IMO

13 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

That’s not how it works. I’d like to drink all day and have a brilliant time, but it would kill me. Players can’t play continuous football all year. It’s not possible, even if the fans think they don’t know they were born.

On 23/01/2018 at 8:47 PM, fringo said:

True and I remember it now you mention it.

I'll partly retract my previous comment, as this is mostly about Brown (not the other Scots) and he could do this far more often for Brown but I don't know if he does.

Not for Scotland's sake, but for Brown if he needs a rest during the season.

Brown has played five games less than Tierney this season. Probably all suspensions though:lol: Good sending of near the end of the season would do nicely. 

Was there not a story about Dennis Law making sure he was suspended over new year so he could be home for the bells?

On ‎23‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 7:32 PM, DoonTheSlope said:

You don't have a wife and kids though. Some folk like to take their family on the odd family holiday.