Scott Brown Getting His Excuses In Early - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scott Brown Getting His Excuses In Early

DoonTheSlope

Just now, vanderark14 said:

who's excited? the adults are debating you'd be better staying out of it in case that temper of yours gets going again. 

There is very little in the way of adult content amongst what you've posted so far. Must do better 👍

8 minutes ago, slasher said:

There is very little in the way of adult content amongst what you've posted so far. Must do better 👍

probably best to think before posting  after your childish performance the other night 

what was it again? oh yes, someone was a doss cunt, a clown, thick as fuck, talking utter pish........................ just  because they had the cheek to disagree with you.

but its me who must do better

:lol::lol:

The slighest hint of negativity towards celtic and you come crawling out of the woodwork, you're celtics bluegaz

Edited by vanderark14

Just now, vanderark14 said:

probably best to think before posting  after your childish performance the other night 

what was it again? oh yes, someone was a doss cunt, a clown, thick as fuck, talking utter pish........................ just  because they had the cheek to disagree with you.

but its me who must do better

:lol::lol:

Oh give it up VA. You've beaten this to death about 3 times already and still nobody is interested. Now be a good chap and go troll someone else 👍

Just now, slasher said:

Oh give it up VA. You've beaten this to death about 3 times already and still nobody is interested. Now be a good chap and go troll someone else 👍

you got involved with me here and trolled me. 

Brown is correct to complain about a lack of rest time but the national team organising fixtures is the wrong target. If we qualified he'd be playing 3 or 4 friendlies in June plus the World Cup.

His target should be UEFA for having a ridiculous qualifying schedule for Champions League and Europa League or the SPFL/SFA for not changing the club season to maybe introduce a proper 4 week rest break in the winter.

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

actually you were trolling dons fans with your ridiculous assumptions

Again.......in your opinion. Now why don't you take that big hard on you have for me and do something useful with it 👍

28 minutes ago, drew said:

Brown is correct to complain about a lack of rest time but the national team organising fixtures is the wrong target. If we qualified he'd be playing 3 or 4 friendlies in June plus the World Cup.

His target should be UEFA for having a ridiculous qualifying schedule for Champions League and Europa League or the SPFL/SFA for not changing the club season to maybe introduce a proper 4 week rest break in the winter.

Totally agree.

I still think domestic season should run March-November. 

And not forgetting Celtic have postponed league games in the past to take part in lucrative friendlies overseas.

2 minutes ago, wubbs said:

Totally agree.

I still think domestic season should run March-November. 

And not forgetting Celtic have postponed league games in the past to take part in lucrative friendlies overseas.

I think February - November seeing as the Champions League and Europa League restart in the middle of that month. A couple of competitive games are needed before going into that (the rare times a club gets that far) for the same reason we want a summer league so players are sharp in the qualifying rounds.

June and July when internationals take place can be the League Cup so no team is missing players for the League matches.

Personally I don't want summer football for the better weather. I want it so players have a decent rest but also improve there chances in Europe.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

actually you were trolling dons fans with your ridiculous assumptions

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Again.......in your opinion. Now why don't you take that big hard on you have for me and do something useful with it 👍

Would you two give it a rest?

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Big ramy - tries his best to show he’s a big Scotland’s fan, criticism of the chief tim and his true couloirs are shown.

any players who does not give everything for Scotland shouldn’t be welcomed to the squad. 

This will filter down from brown to the rest of the Celtics Scotland internationals. 

God help poor tired Broony if we ever git to a finals.p, he’d be too tired to play. 

You better hope not Einstein.. Nearly half the starting 11 play for Celtic..And by the way smartarse, being a Celtic man has nothing to do with my opinion...  How many Scotland regulars are involved in 3 maybe 4 rounds of CL qualifiers, as well as European football in Feb?? In top of League Cup, Scottish Cup, the League itself?? Then CL qualifiers start again in the summer. Oh no, but lets blame Celtic . Oh, and I.am a big supporter of Scotland. I have flown over many times from Ottawa to warch Scotland. No wonder I dont post as often anymore.... 

1 hour ago, drew said:

I think February - November seeing as the Champions League and Europa League restart in the middle of that month. A couple of competitive games are needed before going into that (the rare times a club gets that far) for the same reason we want a summer league so players are sharp in the qualifying rounds.

June and July when internationals take place can be the League Cup so no team is missing players for the League matches.

Personally I don't want summer football for the better weather. I want it so players have a decent rest but also improve there chances in Europe.

The season should end with the November internationals. And the players could then have a break till January, with the first competitive games at start of February? I think that would work.

I'd also like to see a 16 team league with 30 games per season. The Cup competitions would need to change their formats slightly.

7 minutes ago, wubbs said:

The season should end with the November internationals. And the players could then have a break till January, with the first competitive games at start of February? I think that would work.

I'd also like to see a 16 team league with 30 games per season. The Cup competitions would need to change their formats slightly.

More or less. Maybe even to the last weekend in November. 2 whole months shutdown is enough. December holiday and pre season in January.

Would miss the games during Xmas period but I consider it worthwhile scrapping them.

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

You better hope not Einstein.. Nearly half the starting 11 play for Celtic..And by the way smartarse, being a Celtic man has nothing to do with my opinion...  How many Scotland regulars are involved in 3 maybe 4 rounds of CL qualifiers, as well as European football in Feb?? In top of League Cup, Scottish Cup, the League itself?? Then CL qualifiers start again in the summer. Oh no, but lets blame Celtic . Oh, and I.am a big supporter of Scotland. I have flown over many times from Ottawa to warch Scotland. No wonder I dont post as often anymore.... 

And I bet some of those internationals are in Scotland unlike some on here. You are right the problem is that half our team play for a very big club who have to play very important games before every one else. There really are some idiots on here

10 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

And I bet some of those internationals are in Scotland unlike some on here. You are right the problem is that half our team play for a very big club who have to play very important games before every one else. There really are some idiots on here

Spot on m8..👍

3 hours ago, drew said:

So they can then travel to the other side of the world to play "glamour friendlies"

1 hour ago, wubbs said:

Never in a million years will that happen. The TV wouldn't allow it as there'd be two less of the self proclaimed "biggest game in the world"

4 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

So they can then travel to the other side of the world to play "glamour friendlies"

Never in a million years will that happen. The TV wouldn't allow it as there'd be two less of the self proclaimed "biggest game in the world"

No. Because players are entitled to a period of rest but also for the reasons which I previously mentioned and have quoted below. This is an issue whether the friendlies are at home / abroad or if Scotland qualified for the world cup.

2 hours ago, drew said:

This isn't just an issue for Celtic players. Kari Arnason will be at the world cup with Iceland and will come straight from that to playing Europa League qualifiers for Aberdeen (unless the Dons collapse). We had a similar issue with McGinn at Euro 2016.

Either UEFA and FIFA change International and Continental tournament schedules and formats or the SFA/SPFL adapt there one. Not a chance UEFA and FIFA will change.

11 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Do you feel better now you got that of your chest?  I started posting on this board over 10 years ago. Enjoyed it, still do now. Difference now is I used to get annoyed back then, did not want to offened. Now, being older, I dont give a flying fuck what you ir anyone else thinks. Its all about opinions. Dont like mine? Go pound sand up yer arse.. 

You might enjoy it......

If Scotland had qualified for the World Cup, I can assure you Broony would have played. There is just a wee bit of a difference between a World Cup Finals tournament and a couple glamour friendly matches. I am also quite sure BR would have no issue with Celtic players being involved in the WC. Anyone who thinks different should seek medical attention  immediately..

Just now, Big Ramy 1314 said:

If Scotland had qualified for the World Cup, I can assure you Broony would have played. There is just a wee bit of a difference between a World Cup Finals tournament and a couple glamour friendly matches. I am also quite sure BR would have no issue with Celtic players being involved in the WC. Anyone who thinks different should seek medical attention  immediately..

If anyone should be seeking medical attention...........