Scott Brown Getting His Excuses In Early - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scott Brown Getting His Excuses In Early

DoonTheSlope

Big ramy - tries his best to show he’s a big Scotland’s fan, criticism of the chief tim and his true couloirs are shown.

any players who does not give everything for Scotland shouldn’t be welcomed to the squad. 

This will filter down from brown to the rest of the Celtics Scotland internationals. 

God help poor tired Broony if we ever git to a finals.p, he’d be too tired to play. 

Pretty harsh lads!  Who cares if Brown and the other Celtic players turn up for pointless friendlies, we know what they can do?!  These games should be about getting the fringe players to try and stake a claim for places in the Nations league games. 

Brown is approaching his md 30s, we should be looking to find his replacement now.  Also questioning his commitment is just daft!  The guy gives his all in a Scotland shirt.

27 minutes ago, kwhitelaw said:

Pretty harsh lads!  Who cares if Brown and the other Celtic players turn up for pointless friendlies, we know what they can do?!  These games should be about getting the fringe players to try and stake a claim for places in the Nations league games. 

Brown is approaching his md 30s, we should be looking to find his replacement now.  Also questioning his commitment is just daft!  The guy gives his all in a Scotland shirt.

Of course. Some people would rather he played in the friendlies and got injured then missed the real games. He got 6 days off last season. That doesn’t work, never has done.

18 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Of course. Some people would rather he played in the friendlies and got injured then missed the real games. He got 6 days off last season. That doesn’t work, never has done.

Don't be so fucking stupid, there's not one fan on here who would want him to be injured n a friendy

Edited by vanderark14

27 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Don't be so fucking stupid, there's not one fan on here who would want him to be injured n a friendy

He would get chronic injuries all next season without proper rest, but people are choosing to ignore that because he has to show his commitment. We are also at risk of seriously damaging Tierney's career with such stupid trips. That said, neither will go.

Just now, er yir macaroon said:

He would get chronic injuries all next season without proper rest, but people are choosing to ignore that because he has to show his commitment. We are also at risk of seriously damaging Tierney's career with such stupid trips. That said, neither will go.

:lol:

are you taking the piss regarding Tierney?

To anyone who was toiling with injuries and therefore worried about extra games you can see why he’s come out and said this. The SFA have had 100 odd days to replace Strachan and still haven’t yet we have announced friendlies and have the Nations draw this week. Without a manager.

2 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Supposedly he’s played more games than any other player in Europe in the last year or so. It will take it’s toll and he’ll end up with constant injuries. It did for Neale Cooper.

there are countless players throughout history and more in the modern game who cope with the loads of matches, its the price of success.

No player should pick and choose when he plays for Scotland, he's either committed or he's not. 

12 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Supposedly he’s played more games than any other player in Europe in the last year or so. It will take it’s toll and he’ll end up with constant injuries. It did for Neale Cooper.

If KT or Broony played for Aberdeen in similar circumstances the sheep on here would be falling over themselves to tell us how many minutes they'd played, no doubt backed up by the latest opta stats and sports science.....I wouldnae worry about it.

Personally I think Broony should chuck it. He has nothing to  prove to Scotland and certainly not to a section of fans who think it's ok to boo our own players over petty club loyalties 👍

Edited by slasher

11 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Maybe you should direct your ire at Brendan Rodger for playing Tierney for 90 minutes at home to the mighty Brechin. 

2 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

I thought he was chucking it if Strachan went anyway?

Seriously sick of this mouthpiece. If he was half as good at football as he was playing the big man he might've actually captained us to one of these tournaments.

:ok:

22 minutes ago, slasher said:

If KT or Broony played for Aberdeen in similar circumstances the sheep on here would be falling over themselves to tell us how many minutes they'd played, no doubt backed up by the latest opta stats and sports science.....I wouldnae worry about it.

Personally I think Broony should chuck it. He has nothing to  prove to Scotland and certainly not to a section of fans who think it's ok to boo our own players over petty club loyalties 👍

:lol: that is absolutely priceless

24 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Maybe you should direct your ire at Brendan Rodger for playing Tierney for 90 minutes at home to the mighty Brechin. 

no no no king brendan can do no wrong, its all scotland fault.

This actually hilarious and sums up Scotlands support to T

The captain of the national side all but comes out to say he and the celtic "stars" won;t be there because they will be too tired and we actually find some on here defending it.

So much for leaving club allegiances at the door

6 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The captain of the national side all but comes out to say he and the celtic "stars" won;t be there because they will be too tired and we actually find some on here defending it.

It’s fair to say i dislike Celtic, but the SFA are asking too much of clubs here, and risk damaging the very players they’ll need a few months down the line.

6 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I just feel the last person who has the right to spout his mouth off should be the guy who was given a second chance to play for his country after walking out on us before. Who the fuck does he think he is? Scott Brown thinks he is bigger than the Scotland jersey. 

😂😂😂 One of the flock getting predictably excited I see.

More interestingly the PFA looking to push proposals for a mandatory 4 week summer break for players. A perfectly reasonable suggestion I would've thought. 👍

7 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

It’s fair to say i dislike Celtic, but the SFA are asking too much of clubs here, and risk damaging the very players they’ll need a few months down the line.

they're not asking anyone to risk anything, theyre asking players to play in a match for scotland. Its part of being a professional. By allowing players to pick and choose we give them the idea that its fine to treat scotland as 2nd choice. Strachan used to use the excuse "they don' get paid" effectively making Scotland the 2nd choice. 

There would be absolutely no problem with this had we qualified, no rest required then so there should be no rest required now. These friendlies are good chances to see how fringe players gel with our current first teamers, not a chance for the likes of broon to take a holiday because he's tired. 

7 minutes ago, Ormond said:

I just feel the last person who has the right to spout his mouth off should be the guy who was given a second chance to play for his country after walking out on us before. Who the fuck does he think he is? Scott Brown thinks he is bigger than the Scotland jersey. 

agreed

Edited by vanderark14

1 minute ago, slasher said:

😂😂😂 One of the flock getting predictably excited I see.

More interestingly the PFA looking to push proposals for a mandatory 4 week summer break for players. A perfectly reasonable suggestion I would've thought. 👍

who's excited? the adults are debating you'd be better staying out of it in case that temper of yours gets going again.