Hungary - Page 2 - Hungary v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hungary

braveheart1962

2 hours ago, pans pete said:

Booked Valencia to Budapest direct flights sunday to Wednesday 110 euros return. 

Arrive 13.45 hrs on sunday, looking to share taxi to city centre, district 5 or nearby.

Or any info on airport trains/buses etc.

Me and the Mrs also flying out of Valencia on that flight after visiting relatives in Spain. Stayed in Budapest for a night on the way to the Slovakia game. We got a bus then metro from the airport no hassle at all and as Wubbs says the bus goes all the way now. Shared taxi is always an option though.

4 hours ago, pans pete said:

Booked Valencia to Budapest direct flights sunday to Wednesday 110 euros return. 

Arrive 13.45 hrs on sunday, looking to share taxi to city centre, district 5 or nearby.

Or any info on airport trains/buses etc.

2 hours ago, wubbs said:

900 HUF on Bus 100E

Takes 35-40 minutes

Or, this may suit depending on where you are staying:

200E bus to Kőbánya–Kispest metro terminus, then change to the metro and take the M3 line towards Újpest-Központ.   (This route suits me since I'll be staying along the M3 line between the stadium and the city centre.)

BKK ticket machines are just outside the airport door, as are the 100E/200E bus stops.

If anyone's staying for a few days and needs to hop on and off transport, then the "Budapest 7-day Travel card" may be worth getting, and it costs HUF4950 which is about £14 and includes the airport transfers plus all trams/buses/metro.

http://www.bkk.hu/en/tickets-and-passes/prices/

http://www.urbanrail.net/eu/hu/budapest/budapest.htm

I gave up waiting for us to draw Hungary and took a city break last autumn :mellow:

1 hour ago, theweestevie said:

If anyone was traveling via Eindhoven with Ryanair on the Monday check your flights. Ours has just been pushed back 5 hours so doesn't work with the connecting flight.

Where u flying from to Eindhoven on the Monday with Ryanair stevie

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:34 PM, TartanSpice said:

Saw Edin to Malta on the Sunday for £25, night there then £22 flight to Budapest on the Monday.

Decided to spend a bit more and go via Rome, with a night there instead though.

Home to Edin via Dublin on the Wednesday.

That's some find!

Skyscanner isn't farting a nugget for that route on prices like that now. Not booked yet most likely do Edin-Bratislava train to Budapest and Budapest-London

17 hours ago, theweestevie said:

Edinburgh, sorry bit of key information to miss out and it's the Edinburgh to Eindhoven flight which has been pushed back.

I see ok, I was sweating their we are flying from Manchester to Eindhoven on the Monday then in to Budapest 

Current flight options for others looking at just 2 days off work (assuming Mon - Fri) are Glasgow to Budapest via Stansted;

Tuesday 27th

GLA 06:50 - STN 08:00

STN 11:45 - BUD 15:10

Wed 28th

Bud 15:35

STN 17:10

STN 19:00

GLA 20:25

Current price is £124 all in. All flights Ryanair.