R I P Cyrille Regis - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

R I P Cyrille Regis

Very sad to see Cyrille Regis has passed away at 59. When I lived in England was a Sky Blues supporter and at Wembley to see Coventry City beat Spurs 3-2 in a classic Cup Final. He was a pivotal part in that side and was one of the first black players to breakthrough in England putting up with racism in the early years. Quietly spoken but with a massive heart. R I P Cyrille. Thanks for the memories.

He was one of a kind. A big, strong, powerful centre forward who could score with his head or either foot and by all accounts a real gentleman off the pitch as well. He never forgot his roots with the clubs he played for and remained a legend with those clubs to the present day and will remain so into the future. RIP Cyrille

Adrian Chiles documentary on the blacks v whites game  at WBA during the period of the "three Degrees"  for a testimonial is excellent.  It was repeated the other night so will be on iplayer just now.  Well worth a watch.

The 70's were truly a horrific period in our culture.

12 hours ago, giblet said:

Adrian Chiles documentary on the blacks v whites game  at WBA during the period of the "three Degrees"  for a testimonial is excellent.  It was repeated the other night so will be on iplayer just now.  Well worth a watch.

The 70's were truly a horrific period in our culture.

Just watched it again, very good programme. Almost as shocking as the racism was how fit Cyrille was looking in 2016, a picture of health, you never know the day do you.