Anyone prepared to admit to being in this picture? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Anyone prepared to admit to being in this picture?

aaid

12 hours ago, daviebee said:

Going by the gear it looks like Wembley 77.  Satan's Daughter was still 2 years from power and folk were yet to realise what an evil cow she'd turn out to be.  No excuse though.

The guy 3rd along looks like Les McKeown from the Bay City Rollers!

It's 1979 and the photograph was taken in Downing Street or possibly on Whitehall just outside.

The game was three weeks after the 1979 general election.

1 hour ago, aaid said:

It's 1979 and the photograph was taken in Downing Street or possibly on Whitehall just outside.

In which the Tories took 22 seats in Scotland.  A lot of people were unaware of what was in the offing...

18 hours ago, daviebee said:

Going by the gear it looks like Wembley 77.  Satan's Daughter was still 2 years from power and folk were yet to realise what an evil cow she'd turn out to be.  No excuse though.

At that time, half the tartan army looked like Les McKeown from the Bay City Rollers. 

My dad telt me, that.

7 hours ago, aaid said:

79?  Wow - looking back it's amazing to think that any supporter of a traditionally working-class sport would ever have shaken hands with that fkin hag.  I suppose she was yet to "prove" herself though.

6 hours ago, aaid said:

Just think.  There's probably people in that picture that also went to the Argentina send off at Hampden.  

I won't be asking them for their lottery numbers.

Is it true there's people who have never came back from Argentina or is that just a myth?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2018 at 10:23 PM, daviebee said:

I thought he looked like a young George Robertson. And next along, a cross between Midge Ure ad Davie Dodds.

On 15/01/2018 at 8:35 PM, aaid said:

I think he's the wee boy with the can of Fanta 

Such a highly embarrassing photo. Fanta ffs !!!

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like a very strange handshake to me - I bet his trouser leg is rolled up. The policeman looks like he is taking her from behind. Also looks like Walter Swinburn who would go on to ride SHERGAR. Probably too tall to be him.