Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, weekevie04 said:

Cosgrove is an excellent broadcaster, very knowledgeable, funny, and sound.

English is our best sports journalist by a country mile.

Thompson, Stewart and Bonner are all not bad too.

Even just writing the names of Willie Miller, Keith Jackson, Chick Young, Kris Boyd :lol: looks ridiculous in attempting to compare them to the rest as pundits/journalists.

Eh, surely you cant mean Packie? He is close to being mentally disturbed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chick young really has to leave sportsound, not next year, not in 2025 but Now. It was embarrassing listening to him pine for Souness and McLiesh for the scotland job. Weirdly it was Daryl Broadfoot who spoke most sense last night but then it wasn't difficult to sound good when CY was babbling on and on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

Cosgrove is an excellent broadcaster, very knowledgeable, funny, and sound.

English is our best sports journalist by a country mile.

Thompson, Stewart and Bonner are all not bad too.

Even just writing the names of Willie Miller, Keith Jackson, Chick Young, Kris Boyd :lol: looks ridiculous in attempting to compare them to the rest as pundits/journalists.

Agree with all but Bonner.  Clearly a nice guy, but he just goes on and on and on and on and on while managing to say nothing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I would be quite happy to have him in our squad. I wonder if we will ever again see a Scotland player get 20 international goals.

Who would you put him in place of?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my time going to Scotland games, first game Latvia 1997 our top scorer Kenny Miller has a measley 18 goals. That is absolutely pathetic

The Polands, Republic and Northern Ireland's haven't been much, if any better than us during this time but they've produced goal scorers over these years. Keane and Lewandowski must have 60+ Goals. David Healy has 36 playing in a far poorer side than us during this time

We simply don't score enough goals. Other than the 3 recent games against glorified pub teams when was the last time we gave someone a hiding?

 

Edited by DoonTheSlope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SMcoolJ said:

Agree with all but Bonner.  Clearly a nice guy, but he just goes on and on and on and on and on while managing to say nothing.  

Maybe got a bit carried away with the Packie Bonner inclusion. Agree, he's a gentleman though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/01/2018 at 12:27 PM, Cove_Sheep said:

Did anyone else think this was going to be a "deid" thread?

Is Stuart still alive then? I hope so. 

Given most threads on here with people's names mean deid, i was immediately into distress mode. Can future thread headings have "breathing" or "deid" included so we know before we start reading 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2018 at 3:50 PM, weekevie04 said:

Maybe got a bit carried away with the Packie Bonner inclusion. Agree, he's a gentleman though.

I met Packie loads of times, he's great guy and his son even played for Larkhall Thistle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×