Stuart Cosgrove - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Stuart Cosgrove

1 hour ago, weekevie04 said:

Cosgrove is an excellent broadcaster, very knowledgeable, funny, and sound.

English is our best sports journalist by a country mile.

Thompson, Stewart and Bonner are all not bad too.

Even just writing the names of Willie Miller, Keith Jackson, Chick Young, Kris Boyd :lol: looks ridiculous in attempting to compare them to the rest as pundits/journalists.

Eh, surely you cant mean Packie? He is close to being mentally disturbed.

Chick young really has to leave sportsound, not next year, not in 2025 but Now. It was embarrassing listening to him pine for Souness and McLiesh for the scotland job. Weirdly it was Daryl Broadfoot who spoke most sense last night but then it wasn't difficult to sound good when CY was babbling on and on.

20 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

Cosgrove is an excellent broadcaster, very knowledgeable, funny, and sound.

English is our best sports journalist by a country mile.

Thompson, Stewart and Bonner are all not bad too.

Even just writing the names of Willie Miller, Keith Jackson, Chick Young, Kris Boyd :lol: looks ridiculous in attempting to compare them to the rest as pundits/journalists.

Agree with all but Bonner.  Clearly a nice guy, but he just goes on and on and on and on and on while managing to say nothing.  

In my time going to Scotland games, first game Latvia 1997 our top scorer Kenny Miller has a measley 18 goals. That is absolutely pathetic

The Polands, Republic and Northern Ireland's haven't been much, if any better than us during this time but they've produced goal scorers over these years. Keane and Lewandowski must have 60+ Goals. David Healy has 36 playing in a far poorer side than us during this time

We simply don't score enough goals. Other than the 3 recent games against glorified pub teams when was the last time we gave someone a hiding?

Edited by DoonTheSlope

On 14/01/2018 at 12:27 PM, Cove_Sheep said:

Did anyone else think this was going to be a "deid" thread?

Is Stuart still alive then? I hope so. 

Given most threads on here with people's names mean deid, i was immediately into distress mode. Can future thread headings have "breathing" or "deid" included so we know before we start reading 

Currently listening to last nights sportsound podcast, either Tom English has had a personality transplant overnight or Kris Boyd was putting on a very good irish accent. He was being a bell end with his defence of Regan and the SFA

6 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Currently listening to last nights sportsound podcast, either Tom English has had a personality transplant overnight or Kris Boyd was putting on a very good irish accent. He was being a bell end with his defence of Regan and the SFA

I thought that, and seemed to contradict the criticisms he made of them a week or so back. In addition his condescending tone made him come across as a bit of a wank. Which meant when he (rightly) called out Stewart on his attitude and personal agenda regarding Levein sympathies were almost elsewhere.  

5 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

I thought that, and seemed to contradict the criticisms he made of them a week or so back. In addition his condescending tone made him come across as a bit of a wank. Which meant when he (rightly) called out Stewart on his attitude and personal agenda regarding Levein sympathies were almost elsewhere.  

I agreed with Stewart in his criticism of Levein, he's been full of praise for hearts and levein since he turned it around

14 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

What?

Stewart was critical of levein and his role in the cathro experiment, surely anyone has the right to be critical of that?

Absolutely, I was myself. But any suggestion that he has been full of praise for Levein is, I’m afraid, just so laughably wide of the mark that I honestly wouldn’t know where to start. But I’ve no desire to cause offence so if that’s what you think fair enough, just opinions. Stewart will get an audience. He is saying things fans of a lot of other clubs like to hear regardless of accuracy, and it is very clearly personal and lacking in any sort of subjectivity (as English just stopped short of saying).

Just now, Pool Q said:

Absolutely, I was myself. But any suggestion that he has been full of praise for Levein is, I’m afraid, just so laughably wide of the mark that I honestly wouldn’t know where to start. But I’ve no desire to cause offence so if that’s what you think fair enough, just opinions. Stewart will get an audience. He is saying things fans of a lot of other clubs like to hear regardless of accuracy, and it is very clearly personal and lacking in any sort of subjectivity (as English just stopped short of saying).

he praised Hearts for hammering celtic and also praised them for their performances lately. I have no doubt that Stewart and Levein can't stand each other but Stewart has praised Hearts. Feel free to explain why I am laughably wide of the mark though, I won't take offence. 

17 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

he praised Hearts for hammering celtic and also praised them for their performances lately. I have no doubt that Stewart and Levein can't stand each other but Stewart has praised Hearts. Feel free to explain why I am laughably wide of the mark though, I won't take offence. 

I agree with you here. Stewart slaughtered Levein and Hearts, rightly IMO, previously. He has however given them praise of late. 

Levein's criticism of Stewart was simply to deflect from his own failings and to an extent, it's worked. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I agree with you here. Stewart slaughtered Levein and Hearts, rightly IMO, previously. He has however given them praise of late. 

Levein's criticism of Stewart was simply to deflect from his own failings and to an extent, it's worked. 

I'd also add that Levein is a shite bag, his arrogance has zero boundaries

41 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

Lacking in objectivity?

30 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

No he  hasn’t. He has recognised the simple fact that we haven’t conceded any goals (always qualified with a ‘goal that never was’ aside), followed by an ‘it’s not pretty but I guess it’s effective’ line. And praising any team for humping Celtic the way we did is no sort of indication of objectivity or impartiality. 

8 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I'd also add that Levein is a shite bag, his arrogance has zero boundaries

Hence why you like what Stewart is saying.

18 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

No he  hasn’t. He has recognised the simple fact that we haven’t conceded any goals (always qualified with a ‘goal that never was’ aside), followed by an ‘it’s not pretty but I guess it’s effective’ line. And praising any team for humping Celtic the way we did is no sort of indication of objectivity or impartiality. 

Hence why you like what Stewart is saying.

Me thinking Levein is an arrogant tosser has nothing to with my opinion on this, do you disagree with my assessment of him being arrogant?

Levein has turned Hearts around since his project went pear shaped so fair play to him, it isn't pretty but who gives a shit when the team need some stability at this time. I see nothing wrong with that. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Me thinking Levein is an arrogant tosser has nothing to with my opinion on this, do you disagree with my assessment of him being arrogant?

Levein has turned Hearts around since his project went pear shaped so fair play to him, it isn't pretty but who gives a shit when the team need some stability at this time. I see nothing wrong with that. 

I don’t really have much of a point of view on him being arrogant to be honest, neither here nor there for me if he has the interests of the club at heart and does a good job. He was a disaster in the Scotland job, made a terrible appointment in Cathro, and then took too long to get rid of him when it was clearly not working. He has been told by Budge to fix a mess that he bears a large share of responsibility for creating, and seems to me to have made a good start to that. Not pretty etc, etc, but an improvement from finishing last season as the worst team in the league and starting this season by not being able to qualify out of a group ahead of Peterhead and Dunfermline.

He’s a divisive character, always has been, there’s a decent chunk of the Hearts support that don’t like him. Most of what he has said he would view as standing up for the club and himself. He doesn’t work the media like some do, and I don’t agree with everything he does or says (the normal service resumed comment was just needless). But at the same time where Stewart is making no effort at all to be fair and objective (which he isn’t) I see no reason why Levein shouldn’t challenge it. And in that context I thought English was bang on in highlighting Stewart’s lack of objectivity last night.