Graham Rix - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

15 hours ago, Ormond said:

The next logical step is to give him a knighthood.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here. He’ll need to join the Tory party first to secure some protection from investigation/prosecution.  THEN they can give him a knighthood!

In one incident, Chelsea played a youth-team fixture in Spain and Rix is said to have humiliated one of the black outfield players by substituting him with the reserve goalkeeper. 

About 20 years ago someone made a documentary about Chelsea's youth team at the time (I think Channel 4 aired it).  They showed the incident described above, as well as Rix giving the player a dressing down after the game for not trying hard enough.

It didn't reveal any racist language being used by Rix or anyone else (not that I suppose it would even if it did happen, since editing suites were freely available in 1997) but I remember thinking Rix seemed quite full of himself and a bit of a bully.