If moving to Scotland.... - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

19 hours ago, Tartan_Don said:

Hello all, finally got the opportunity to move home from deepest Ingerlundshire. 

Looking at working in Aberdeenshire and wanting options as in where to stay.

Ideally next to the coast but nae in Aberdeen itself and good transport links. Decent gym and outdoor life is high on the list 

Had a quick look at Stonehaven but been years since I've been there, seems like there's a few new builds around the area 

Cheers for any sensible recommendations 

Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire has some of the most miserable, depressing, stuck up cunts you could ever have the misfortune to meet. Stonehaven is fairly similar to be honest.  Even a few more miles south and things should massively improve.  

9 hours ago, stirlish said:

Dunbar, North Berwick?

they're distinct possibilities. Goodness knows how many times I've travelled through them. Went camping once near Dunbar. I'm hoping to get up there in a few weeks time to have a bit of an explore but am a bit worried might have to call it off because of what's happening with the Indian variant.

On 1/17/2018 at 11:31 AM, SMcoolJ said:

I played for Echt for 8 years and was still considered an outsider at this.  Scary stuff unless you knew a local or 6!

I was going to recommend Echt - like that area - used to go there to visit Aunt every summer as kid  - have heaps of cousins, and 2nd cousins that side  

On 5/15/2021 at 2:50 AM, Tartan_Don said:

Hello all, finally got the opportunity to move home from deepest Ingerlundshire. 

Looking at working in Aberdeenshire and wanting options as in where to stay.

Ideally next to the coast but nae in Aberdeen itself and good transport links. Decent gym and outdoor life is high on the list 

Had a quick look at Stonehaven but been years since I've been there, seems like there's a few new builds around the area 

Cheers for any sensible recommendations 

Fancy a hooose (well apartment) 

https://search.savills.com/property-detail/gbabrsabs180054

keithhall is where i grew up - still have property there - i used to eye up these apartments as a kid - well actually as kid we were visiting from school before the conversion - still eye these up - back in day too expensive but likely could afford now

OK - say 12 miles to Balmedie etc, but not that far - not far from dual carriageway to Aberdeen, then bypass etc

If you have not been in ABerdeen laterly you will not realise how much of a boon, the bylass is for travelling from north of aberdeen - used to take around 60/75 mins to get to Stobehaven from Invenrurie - now 30 mins 

14 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire has some of the most miserable, depressing, stuck up cunts you could ever have the misfortune to meet. Stonehaven is fairly similar to be honest.  Even a few more miles south and things should massively improve.  

Brilliant part of scotland, especially to bring up family, low crime rate, low unemployment rate, high standard of living,,, the bread basket of scotland so to speak. I sense envy from you’re post

34 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Brilliant part of scotland, especially to bring up family, low crime rate, low unemployment rate, high standard of living,,, the bread basket of scotland so to speak. I sense envy from you’re post

Mile off.

I work all over the north east, lovely part of the country but a large chunk of locals are miserable snooty bastards. 

18 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Where about in Aberdeen are you from?

23 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Also moving from Englandshire. House is on the market, handed in my resignation at work.  Looks like we've moving north on the border, two 'yes' votes guaranteed. Had previously been looking at Borders as kids in NE England but now may be a bit further north.  Any recommendations within 30-45 minutes of Edinburgh?  Lots of places I've been through, or been to briefly, but don't really know.

Welcome back 😊

The Borders is a lovely part of the country... just a shame they vote Tory!

• 2 weeks later...