Kris Boyd Charity - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kris Boyd Charity

Whilst I agree that the work the charity is doing I tend to not like new charities being set up for causes which already have big charities covering the same thing. Personally, I think people should try and work with existing charities to strengthen them rather than starting from scratch.

Saying that, any extra support for people that need it is a good thing. 

On 12/01/2018 at 12:45 PM, Barney Rubble said:

Fair play to him for setting this up - and for being so open and honest with the reasons for doing so.

Yeah especially where he says he hasn't been great or as supportive with his wife as he should have, big thing to admit to and take responsibility for and good he has seen that he needs to be better.

On 12/01/2018 at 6:42 PM, PASTA Mick said:

Whilst I agree that the work the charity is doing I tend to not like new charities being set up for causes which already have big charities covering the same thing. Personally, I think people should try and work with existing charities to strengthen them rather than starting from scratch.

Saying that, any extra support for people that need it is a good thing. 

I kind of agree but maybe people who are football fans with issues would see charity's with a player's name on them as a more comforting and appealing way for them to come forward with problems. It shouldn't be like that but for some it really could be