Senior squad. Do you stay up.. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Senior squad. Do you stay up..

Big Ramy 1314

Gonnae ask a question. May seem stupid by I am gonnae ask anyway..If a player, lets say, plays for the under 21 squad, or even under 19 squad, and is called into the Senior squad for a competative match, can he then go back down and play for the under 21's, or 19's, even though he has just been capped by the Senior squad. Talking National team obviously.. Cheers.. Serious.question.. BR1314...

6 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I know, I can be an annoying cunt. Its because I live in Canada. Dont always get all the facts over here thats all..🙂

So, you're an annoying cunt because you live in Canada? Or do you live in Canada because you're an annoying cunt? Seems to be a pattern here. Is it one of Canadian government's entry requirements?

As long as you're young enough you can be called into any youth side. That's the only limitation I'm aware of (aside from national eligibility).

So as an extreme example, we could cap Karamoko Dembele in out next senior match, then he could go play for the under 16s.

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

So, you're an annoying cunt because you live in Canada? Or do you live in Canada because you're an annoying cunt? Seems to be a pattern here. Is it one of Canadian government's entry requirements?

your getting to be an annoying cunt..

1 hour ago, andyD said:

As long as you're young enough you can be called into any youth side. That's the only limitation I'm aware of (aside from national eligibility).

So as an extreme example, we could cap Karamoko Dembele in out next senior match, then he could go play for the under 16s.

Don't you have to be at least 16/on a professional contract to be capped?

18 minutes ago, Rude Gullit said:

Don't you have to be at least 16/on a professional contract to be capped?

No age restriction or requirement for a professional contract to be capped, for example Bertrand Traore made his international debut for Burkina Faso at 15.

As regards playing for the A squad while still eligible for the U21s, or indeed any age group, Belgium have a rule that when a player steps up an age level, say a U16 player plays for the U18s, then they don't step back down again.   They reckon this is one of the factors that's seen them bring through a lot of talent in recent years.  I think it's something we should adopt.

2 hours ago, andyD said:

I would get him capped. I see engerland are sniffin about him... Why not.. If this boy lives up to the hype, I would hate to lose him, especially to those english fuds..

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I would get him capped. I see engerland are sniffin about him... Why not.. If this boy lives up to the hype, I would hate to lose him, especially to those english fuds..

He's 14, ya walloper. How about everyone leaves him alone and lets the child keep playing and enjoying football?