6 Nations - Who’s going? - Page 6 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

6 Nations - Who’s going?

Bristolhibby

3 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Going to Dublin for my first Scotland rugby away day. Really looking forward to it now.  Different animal altogether though and i suspect the best team we will face this year....

Probably. But we travel in hope not expectation. If we can at least rattle them and compete for the full 80, that's what's needed. 

1 hour ago, biffer said:

Probably. But we travel in hope not expectation. If we can at least rattle them and compete for the full 80, that's what's needed. 

Absolutely.

One of the main positives for me from Saturday wasn’t the three tries and utter domination in the first half. It was our courage and willingness to maintain that intensity and face up for the entire second half which was always going to be uglier. That gives me hope for Dublin. 

Also suffering today, work was a struggle after a great weekend. Outstanding from Scotland on Saturday, watched in disbelief during much of the first half. Pleased Russell came good, clever of Townsend to take the penalty kicking to touch duties off him. Plenty were outstanding, I'd give a special mention to Reid and Berghan. We all expected to struggle in the scrum, but it was rock solid throughout the match and both contributed in the loose. Maintain that level of performance in Dunlin and we will give a good Ireland team a game. Rally looking forward to trip to Rome now.

1 hour ago, Pool Q said:

Also suffering today, work was a struggle after a great weekend. Outstanding from Scotland on Saturday, watched in disbelief during much of the first half. Pleased Russell came good, clever of Townsend to take the penalty kicking to touch duties off him. Plenty were outstanding, I'd give a special mention to Reid and Berghan. We all expected to struggle in the scrum, but it was rock solid throughout the match and both contributed in the loose. Maintain that level of performance in Dunlin and we will give a good Ireland team a game. Rally looking forward to trip to Rome now.

Was it really that clever?;)

8 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Oh those rugby boys, opening their shirts and singing, what are they like. Proper lads 

I’m not sure whether Grieg knew if he was opening it or closing it. 

8 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Going to Dublin for my first Scotland rugby away day. Really looking forward to it now.  Different animal altogether though and i suspect the best team we will face this year....

Am going myself - it’s a good trip. I just hope they don’t do a wales after I spent a load of money on them not turning up there. If we do, we’ll get horsed.

In the unlikely event of a Scottish win by 16 or more, and the same v Italy the following week, we could realistically be second in the world rankings! 

Optimism - gets me every time!

12 hours ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

I’m not sure whether Grieg knew if he was opening it or closing it. 

Am going myself - it’s a good trip. I just hope they don’t do a wales after I spent a load of money on them not turning up there. If we do, we’ll get horsed.

In the unlikely event of a Scottish win by 16 or more, and the same v Italy the following week, we could realistically be second in the world rankings! 

Optimism - gets me every time!

It's actually my stagger, so really hoping for a performance to remember!  Interest levels for this game are now understandably very high.  We called in a heap of favours to get all the tickets we needed and now getting calls asking if we're definitely using them!!  

12 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

It's actually my stagger, so really hoping for a performance to remember!  Interest levels for this game are now understandably very high.  We called in a heap of favours to get all the tickets we needed and now getting calls asking if we're definitely using them!!  

Congratulations!

Have you got your tickets yet? My club hasn’t been sent them yet by the IRFU, so am kinda getting a bit nervous. That said, I seem to remember the Irish working like this before, so maybe no need to panic.

1 minute ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

Congratulations!

Have you got your tickets yet? My club hasn’t been sent them yet by the IRFU, so am kinda getting a bit nervous. That said, I seem to remember the Irish working like this before, so maybe no need to panic.

Thanks. 

No, not get tickets yet either!!  Coming from a few different sources and none have come through yet......  Sure it will be fine :blink:

So Ryan Wilson's getting cited for foul play.  I didn't see the whole of the incident but from what I saw the English guy had his hands round Wilson's throat whilst Wilson was on the ground.  I'm not a big rugby player but I would have though throttling your opponent might also be considered a foul and a bit unsporting.

foul play.jpg

38 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

So Ryan Wilson's getting cited for foul play.  I didn't see the whole of the incident but from what I saw the English guy had his hands round Wilson's throat whilst Wilson was on the ground.  I'm not a big rugby player but I would have though throttling your opponent might also be considered a foul and a bit unsporting.

foul play.jpg

That’s pretty much what happened. Wilson will get the book thrown at him (his role in the tunnel incident wont be mentioned but...) whole heehaw is done to Hughes. 

37 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

That’s pretty much what happened. Wilson will get the book thrown at him (his role in the tunnel incident wont be mentioned but...) whole heehaw is done to Hughes. 

from the footage of the tunnel incident, it looked like Farrell was the one being a prick

13 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Your membership form has been sent to you for the IHAWTA.

The I Have A Wife Tartan Army! :lol:

On 2/27/2018 at 6:18 PM, Pool Q said:

A disciplinary committee did not uphold the citing, which Wilson denied.

No sanction was imposed and Wilson is free to resume playing immediately.

2 hours ago, Dairbee said:

I see theres a video of Eddie Jones at Piccadilly station getting some verbals off some drunk Scottish lads. 

Its pretty cringworthy and embarrassing, those lads look idiots. 

saw that, not good. no excuse for that at all - very scummy actions. but eddie jones does make himself a target with his comments.

2 hours ago, ShedTA said:

saw that, not good. no excuse for that at all - very scummy actions. but eddie jones does make himself a target with his comments.

He does, but was surprisingly gracious in defeat on Saturday. 

Looking at the video again, it looks more like some lads on the lash that are going to Old Trafford and have been on the sauce since early morning.