6 Nations - Who’s going? - Page 2 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

6 Nations - Who’s going?

Bristolhibby

Will be in Cardiff on Saturday for the game. Very close to call but I’m quietly confident as long as we can unsettle Wales early on and dictate the pace of the game.

Get off to a good start and who knows what we could achieve? England game will be tough but at home we’ve as good a chance this year as any.

As I mentioned heading to the France game next Sunday. Can anyone recommend a place to go for some breakfast and a few jars. Aiming to be in Edinburgh about 10am - I know Sunday's can be awkward for getting a beer before 1230pm but I'm putting my faith in the Tartan Army Board's knowledge here.

1 hour ago, morrie21 said:

As I mentioned heading to the France game next Sunday. Can anyone recommend a place to go for some breakfast and a few jars. Aiming to be in Edinburgh about 10am - I know Sunday's can be awkward for getting a beer before 1230pm but I'm putting my faith in the Tartan Army Board's knowledge here.

Try indigo yard. Open for breakfast on Sunday’s, good range of beer, nice place. You might want to book ahead though.

1 minute ago, Grim Jim said:

Have never walked out on a football game, but have switched the TV off on that and am listening to open all mic's now.

So frustrating to watch so many errors come back in the rugby.

Really depressing. And another try for Wales as I type.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

22 hours ago, biffer said:

Try indigo yard. Open for breakfast on Sunday’s, good range of beer, nice place. You might want to book ahead though.

Thanks Biffer. Will look into it. May need to request an even earlier start on the sauce after the display today.

Really disappointing and shíte performance. 

Such a pity too as all that good work from the autumn tests is oot the windae. And even worse, we gifted them their first two tries as well! 

Not that I'm a huge fan of rugby, but looked a lot of lost souls out there - Harris, Price to name two - although McGuigan did get better in the second half. 

I think it's even worse losing to the Welsh than the English, possibly! They seem to even more arrogant than the Guvnors! We always seem to get utterly tanked by them every now and again as well. Not just in rugby either! 

You can call it luck or whatnot, but the Irish show us again what it is to be a real team/nation with that late winner. 

France at Murrayfield next week. A chance to make amends hopefully, but after that second half today, feck knows how it'll go.

Townsend has done well, but always felt Cotter leaving would bite us on the erse - wanted another 6Nations and a RWC from him, but anyhoos, let's see what happens next week and hopefully Laidlaw is starting.

13 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

Really disappointing and shíte performance. 

Such a pity too as all that good work from the autumn tests is oot the windae. And even worse, we gifted them their first two tries as well! 

Not that I'm a huge fan of rugby, but looked a lot of lost souls out there - Harris, Price to name two - although McGuigan did get better in the second half. 

I think it's even worse losing to the Welsh than the English, possibly! They seem to even more arrogant than the Guvnors! We always seem to get utterly tanked by them every now and again as well. Not just in rugby either! 

You can call it luck or whatnot, but the Irish show us again what it is to be a real team/nation with that late winner. 

France at Murrayfield next week. A chance to make amends hopefully, but after that second half today, feck knows how it'll go.

Townsend has done well, but always felt Cotter leaving would bite us on the erse - wanted another 6Nations and a RWC from him, but anyhoos, let's see what happens next week and hopefully Laidlaw is starting.

You’re right about the welsh fans when it comes to rugby they are a lot worse than the English. 

Most of those around us thought that was a full strength Scotland side therefore wales can now win it. They’re in for a big shock when both Ireland and England beat them. 

Scotland can will come back better against Les Blues. I said before the game, we'd lose to wales and Ireland but win the other three matches and I stand by that. There just wasn’t that buzz yesterday, I’m not sure if it was complacency or just fear making that step up.

Ireland will win the six nations this year.

On 2/5/2018 at 6:57 AM, Boboblanko said:

:lol: After yesterdays performance, def convinced we won't win now..... utter. fkn. shambles.

Would you like to add some salt to that ?  We were never going to win all games, 3 doable and 4 possible. Wales will be in for shock very quickly, It all counts on an Ireland win for us assuming we can tale Italy and the home games. Both top seeds are capable of losing points.