Coldest you have been.. - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coldest you have been..

1 minute ago, wheres the pies said:

This very time last year was in zakopane tatra mountains Poland and was -37 with a wind chill of -41 going the morra and it’s a balmy 4+ 

ooooft. sounds like Ottawa mate. This is a bad winter. one of the worst in years. 

36 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Ottawa was my coldest. -37 for me too. Never felt cold like it before or since. A dry cold. Remember shitting myself on the plane going home as they de-iced the wings :lol:

It is a very dry cold here.. Apparently Ottawa is the 2nd coldest capital city in the world. Yae comin back mate?🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Ottawa was my coldest. -37 for me too. Never felt cold like it before or since. A dry cold. Remember shitting myself on the plane going home as they de-iced the wings :lol:

I have a large humidifier I had to buy and it’s on constantly each day throughout the Winter. It has to be. If say, I turn it off for a week then my nose bleeds to fuck, skin gets flaky, etc. 

41 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

It is a very dry cold here.. Apparently Ottawa is the 2nd coldest capital city in the world. Yae comin back mate?🤣🤣🤣

D.I.S.C.O aw I thought you said ottowan :whistling:

Crawling along the underside of an oil rig in January last year, just off Burntisland. 

Pulling in cables and it was about -4, but the windchill took it to about -10 or so. 

Decided there and then I would never be back on a rig again. 

7 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Crawling along the underside of an oil rig in January last year, just off Burntisland. 

Pulling in cables and it was about -4, but the windchill took it to about -10 or so. 

Decided there and then I would never be back on a rig again. 

Pussy.

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

This morning. Scraping mine and the Mrs cars. Minus 8 

I hate this weather. 

See, that's what real men do.

I've been retired for several years now, but I still get up to scrape and warm up Lady Flure's vehicle for her on mornings like these.

Just to make sure she gets to work.

1 minute ago, Flure said:

See, that's what real men do.

I've been retired for several years now, but I still get up to scrape and warm up Lady Flure's vehicle for her on mornings like these.

Just to make sure she gets to work.

:lol: 

You're so thoughtful... 

-25 Celcius in Siberia - I was outside in a T Shirt to prove to Russians, it wisnae cold  

Think it was edge of the Atrctic Circle

Atyrau in Kazakhstan also used to be cold  - i would take short cut from pub, across the iced  100 wide river (taxis took the same shortcut)  - I walked from Asia to Europe on the river  - well what the signs on both side of the bridge said 

18 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

your pish wullnae freeze. I have been drunk plenty of time in this weather and it never froze. Steamy as fuck though. -39 this morning here in Ottawa. Just back from my sons ice hockey and froze my stones off..😣😣

is there no stories about folks tongues sticking to lamp posts etc

or in fact drunk folk pishing, and falling against steel posts, and their dick sticking to the post

in

-37 in Edmonton 5/6 years ago, which dropped to -47 with the wind chill. So cold that it was painful to breathe if you didn't give yourself a coule of seconds to adjust before breathing in.

I've always wondered why people choose to live in places where it gets that cold? I would imagine the summers are nice enough but that kind of temperature is barely habitable if you ask me. Fair enough if you're born there you don't necessarily know any different but why move there?

Although in saying that, extreme temperatures are maybe more bearable than our constant damp greyness.

Edited by wee-toon-red