Lewis Morgan - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

43 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Nothing against the lad but Ill be amazed if this is nothing less than another bench warmer at Celtic and ultimately a step backwards for the lad. All about the coin I suppose. 

How can it be a step backwards? Going to the top club in Scotland, great coaching, having to work harder to earn a spot, European football...Brown, Griff, Tierney, Forrest, McGregor all Scotland regulars. Aye, step backwards awerite. Respect your opinion though pal. 

15 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

How can it be a step backwards? Going to the top club in Scotland, great coaching, having to work harder to earn a spot, European football...Brown, Griff, Tierney, Forrest, McGregor all Scotland regulars. Aye, step backwards awerite. Respect your opinion though pal. 

Aye it done Scott Allan the world of good! :lol:

59 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

He probably won’t get much game experience and it will hinder his progress, that’s why it will be a step back.

Can't see him getting a game and he will be back out on loan again next season.

Look at Christie who was playing in the premier league when Celtic signed him. Morgan is playing in the second tier so not tested against stronger opposition. From what I have seen of them both Christie is a far, far better player but he didn't get much of a look in at Celtic and is out on loan again this year. The same fate awaits Morgan.

6 hours ago, iainmac1 said:

Can't see him getting a game and he will be back out on loan again next season.

Look at Christie who was playing in the premier league when Celtic signed him. Morgan is playing in the second tier so not tested against stronger opposition. From what I have seen of them both Christie is a far, far better player but he didn't get much of a look in at Celtic and is out on loan again this year. The same fate awaits Morgan.

If he's good enough he'll take his chance. I'm sick of hearing about bench warmers, go and take your chance. If someone can name a young player that's not had a fair crack of the whip at Celtic over the last say 5 years name him?

10 hours ago, slasher said:

If he's good enough he'll take his chance. I'm sick of hearing about bench warmers, go and take your chance. If someone can name a young player that's not had a fair crack of the whip at Celtic over the last say 5 years name him?

I don’t know if it’s as straightforward as players being signed and not given a chance, I suspect it’s more people who don’t like celtic’s ability to sign any talent they want. The fees they pay are a relative pittance to them so they can afford to sign up anyone they like the look of and know that it won’t break the bank if it doesn’t work out. For every Stuart Armstrong there is a list of guys like Scott Allan, ciftci, gms etc who were all valuable to their clubs, went to Celtic and couldn’t cut it, leaving their old teams weaker.

It’s not particularly celtic’s fault and I’m sure the other clubs’ bank managers don’t complain, but it is pretty galling for the fans. Utd and caley both relegated since Celtic signed their best talent and only one of the four concerned has broken into the Celtic squad.

31 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

I don’t know if it’s as straightforward as players being signed and not given a chance, I suspect it’s more people who don’t like celtic’s ability to sign any talent they want. The fees they pay are a relative pittance to them so they can afford to sign up anyone they like the look of and know that it won’t break the bank if it doesn’t work out. For every Stuart Armstrong there is a list of guys like Scott Allan, ciftci, gms etc who were all valuable to their clubs, went to Celtic and couldn’t cut it, leaving their old teams weaker.

It’s not particularly celtic’s fault and I’m sure the other clubs’ bank managers don’t complain, but it is pretty galling for the fans. Utd and caley both relegated since Celtic signed their best talent and only one of the four concerned has broken into the Celtic squad.

Well said. At the end of the day it us up to the player. I am sure Morgan knows he will not walk into the Celtic side. If he thinks he has a shot at crackin the 11, then fair play to him. He will only become a better player as he is working with far more talented players than he is now. And that is no disrespect to St.Mirren Football Club, its just the plain truth.