Robertson benched - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Robertson benched

andyD

heh i know. I just remember a couple of months back there were an awful lot greeting on here about how robertson wasn't getting games and how he must not be a klopp signing. all the tin foil hat brigade out in full force!

just wondering where they are now. :)

3 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Good enough for scotland... not good enough for Liverpool.  Should move to a lower premier team and try and get a game.

Easily good enough for Liverpool IMO and certainly better than their other LB (Moreno ?).

Probably better (or as good as ) Luke Shaw at Man Utd who cost over £20m.

16 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Better for us if he gets regular games.  The average Liverpool player is better than the average scotland player.  At a guess if Scotland pkayed in the epl we would be bottom half close to relegation.

You're aware he played every minute of the 7 games before Monday, right?

19 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Better for us if he gets regular games.  The average Liverpool player is better than the average scotland player.  At a guess if Scotland pkayed in the epl we would be bottom half close to relegation.

:blink: Why does any of that matter?

5 hours ago, andyD said:

You're aware he played every minute of the 7 games before Monday, right?

Nah, I wasn’t. That’s good then.   If he can stay in the team that’s great but if he’s not, better for us he moves to a club where he gets a game.

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

:blink: Why does any of that matter?

Just saying that it’s bette4 for us that our players are gett8ng a game, even at a lower level.

2 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Nah, I wasn’t. That’s good then.   If he can stay in the team that’s great but if he’s not, better for us he moves to a club where he gets a game.

Just saying that it’s bette4 for us that our players are gett8ng a game, even at a lower level.

Honestly thought your opening comment was sarcasm. Half the Liverpool team was dropped against Burnley and expect to see many of them to play this weekend either.

Just noticed the game was tonight and he is playing that's more of a worry!

High praise on twitter. Played really well first half, nailed bolasie twice and stuck in a great cross for oxlaide.second half: cracking headed clearance under pressure and a shot at goal which he should have kept low. One terrible cross. Never dips below a 7.

Always nice to allardyce lose. I think Danny Murphy just called a an Everton fan with crutches a benefit claimant.

Edited by JECK

On 1/5/2018 at 8:24 PM, Malcolm said:

Been not too bad so far....  not offered much going forward but pu5 in a couple of good tackles.  Need# to stop that balasi getting crosses in,

Noticed this in most of the games so far. Seems very reluctant to get forward for large parts of game and keeps things very simple. I presume he's been instructed to keep it simple if he wants to keep his place. Seems to be working though and is growing as a player.

1 hour ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Seems very reluctant to get forward for large parts of game and keeps things very simple.

I think there's an element of keep it steady when your club are having a nightmare defensively. If the liverpool defense was solid and playing well then i think Robertson would feel more able to make lots of forward runs. as it is, they've been struggling and him being solid in his defensive duties is what will 100% secure him his place. once the defense is in a steadier place as a unit, i think he'll start bombing forward more.