Ginger wine - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

So, ginger wine. It's not happening. I've got my Yulade from the store and mixed it with the sugar dissolved in boiling water, but it's not like what it was 45 years ago.

I'm getting "that's cause your taste buds are different from 45 years ago". I'm not buying that, it's different or I've got the quantities wrong. Whats happening.

Regards,

Peter.

When i was about 5 in the early 70s i happened on my Granny's stash of Ginger Wine and scoffed enough of it to get drunk and spew my guts out for the rest of the night

Sadly learning from experience is not one of my strong suits

11 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

So, ginger wine. It's not happening. I've got my Yulade from the store and mixed it with the sugar dissolved in boiling water, but it's not like what it was 45 years ago.

I'm getting "that's cause your taste buds are different from 45 years ago". I'm not buying that, it's different or I've got the quantities wrong. Whats happening.

Regards,

Peter.

Its all gone Pete Tong cos you need to ferment it for 2 months. Folk these days, they just want everything immediately 🙄

Ginger wine was great, I can still feel that warmth at New Year when we were allowed a glass of it. Creamola Foam is the ultimate 70’s disappointment though.  

1 hour ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

I remember my grannies homemade ginger and strawberry wine. Couldn't go the ginger wine. Used to sneak the odd Warnink's Advocatt or if i was game enough a Babycham. (Early 1970's)

All the best to everyone.......

Snaffled some of my Granny's Warninks too ... loved it 

Clearly i had issues ...as did my Granny