Flu - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I would class myself and pretty resilient and able to shake off most cold and flu viruses pretty quick but for the last week Mr and Mrs Stark have been struck down by a nasty little bugger of a illness. Everything we have tried has been ineffective. I think we are seeing a bit of a recovery today but its been horrible. I am sure its something to do with my age. I had a flu jab in October as well :-(

Edited by EddardStark

In my experience most folk who try to tell me that they have the flu, don't. 

I'll bet your misses is just getting on with life as normal and just feeling a wee bit under the weather. She probably isn't going on message boards and whining like a big Jessie? ;)

4 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I'll bet your misses is just getting on with life as normal and just feeling a wee bit under the weather. She probably isn't going on message boards and whining like a big Jessie? ;)

You do me a diservice sir.... I have been very very ill .;)

most folk who think they have flu, don't have it

If you have flu - then you are not getting out of bed - totally kills your body - think i have only had this once, which was earlier this year - sleeping 24 hours type thing

my mother's cousin died of it, due to it impacting her heart - hsband woke up to her next morning, and she had passed

I've had flu once in my life.  Holy feck.  I was as fit as a butcher's dog at the time.  Lost a stone which i didn't have to lose (those were the days), slept for days on end, physically sick, mouth ulcers, constant pain, generally feeling dreadful, totally run down and unable to get out of bed. I can see why it's a real threat to older and more vulnerable people.  Took me a few weeks to get back to normal. 

Well my missus did get told by the doctor she had flu, but I think you're right it's a generalisation. She's certainly not got influenza.

I've heard it said that unless you can't face getting out of bed even if your house is on fire you don't have flu.

On 30/12/2017 at 10:16 AM, Orraloon said:

Correct. Like others, think I've had it once about 3 years ago. Literally in bed for about a week and needed the Mrs to help me stagger to the toilet. sore nails is what I remember. thought I was going to die one day - lost all sensation in my fingers and was struggling for breath. Nice lady at NHS 24 told me I was hyperventilating anf to calm the feck doon :lol:

But like you, if people off work one day say they had the 'flu' I'm all over them like a rash. :mad:

Edited by killiefaetheferry

I've felt like a bucket of shite the last two days

Sore head and sore throat, throats that sore it hurts just to even talk. Woke up this morning and my bed was ringing, I must have been sweating like Simon Weston at a BBQ through the night

Not that it'll keep off the graft. I've already been off work twice the last year with genuine health reasons and I'm fucked if I'm taking more genuine time off when there's all these potential away friendlies on the horizon 

32 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I've felt like a bucket of shite the last two days

Sore head and sore throat, throats that sore it hurts just to even talk. Woke up this morning and my bed was ringing, I must have been sweating like Simon Weston at a BBQ through the night

My local pub in Perth had a guy who had a terrible facial complexion and everyone just referred to him as Simon Weston. Behind his back of course because we were horrible cunts I admit. But the pub got a new barmaid in. She was the most stupid idiot I’ve ever been served by. Incredibly dumb. She kept calling him by the name Simon. The guy kept wondering why the fat cow kept calling him that. Then it dawned on the poor cunt. 

12 minutes ago, Ormond said:

My local pub in Perth had a guy who had a terrible facial complexion and everyone just referred to him as Simon Weston. Behind his back of course because we were horrible cunts I admit. But the pub got a new barmaid in. She was the most stupid idiot I’ve ever been served by. Incredibly dumb. She kept calling him by the name Simon. The guy kept wondering why the fat cow kept calling him that. Then it dawned on the poor cunt. 

😂😂😂

Unconfirmed whether it was actually him or not as it's not the done thing to ask someone If they are Simon Weston because they look like him, I digress, in Cardiff in 2012 for the Wales games we were in For Your Eyes Only blethering to him as he was at the next table

Got it this time last year when i went back to work on the Thursday after the holidays

The only time i have felt worse was after a 4 day binge with the football team in one of our weekends away to Rhyl where it would seem i poisoned myself

This was similar

Started feeling crappy on the Sunday night and my bones were awfy stiff and found myself stretching a lot trying to get some relief

Went to bed and after an hour or two had to get up for a pee

As soon as i got out of bed i started shaking uncontrollably and didnt have the where with all to sit down on the toilet - ended up pishing all over the bathroom

Back to bed and shivered and shook all night

All through the next day i was dog tired as i hadnt had much sleep but no matter how much i tried to catch up i had a splitting sore head that wouldnt let me

All i could ingest was water

Went to bed early totally fvcked and woke up shortly afterwards absolutely soaking - right through the mattress

Had to get up and change the bed

By the time Tuesday came i started to get the cold symptoms - snottering, bunged up and sneezing everywhere

Took me till the Friday to feel any sort of better

28 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

You know Simon Weston won the pools once?

.......but he couldnae claim the money as his coupon was damaged 😕

I actually walked past Bill Murray last year at a Cubs game(he’s a huge fan). It’s not until you see his pus up close you realise how rank it is. It looks like it’s been on fire and some cunt’s put it oot wae a golf shoe. :o

3 hours ago, Mindimoo said:

I've had flu once and was totally floored.  Didn't feel pain like it again until I got shingles :mad:

I've had both and the flu was the worst by far. Couldn't get out of bed and didn't want to do anything except sleep. :worried: