He's been - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

7 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Feck me this doesn't get any easier!

Ach well they'll be teenagers before I know it.

Looking forward to about 5 hours sleep now. Merry Christmas TAMBers :ok: 

It doesnt get any easier Toepoke. Mine are in their 20’s and I now seem to have inherited the boyfriends as well . 

Ach well, I will a granny before I know it  and still only get 4 hrs sleep!

Merry Chtistmas.  🎅

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

It doesnt get any easier Toepoke. Mine are in their 20’s and I now seem to have inherited the boyfriends as well . 

Merry Chtistmas.  🎅

I felt today was the easiest it’s ever been. 

I had a PS4 to hook up to the tv and a scooter that required 4 bolts, ideal Christmas :lol:

If I wasn’t so sleep deprived, I would be back on the lagers again. 

Merry Christmas to all :)

5 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Merry Chtistmas.  🎅

You’d be a Great Granny by now if you were Dundonian.

Merry Christmas. :)

On 25/12/2017 at 11:49 AM, dandydunn said:

I felt today was the easiest it’s ever been. 

I had a PS4 to hook up to the tv and a scooter that required 4 bolts, ideal Christmas :lol:

If I wasn’t so sleep deprived, I would be back on the lagers again. 

Merry Christmas to all :)

😀, only someone who has been through the pain of building a Barbie House can truly understand the joy that a mere 4 bolts can bring.

Talking of presents, my grand Xmas surprise gift to Mr Tdyer went complety pearshaped.   

I couldnt think what to get him, after 37 yrs together I  exhausted every interesting gift a while back,  and he is now getting too old for flowery shirts from TKmaxx. However he got a wee bonus from his employers  this month as he has worked there 20 yrs so I decided to go over the top and booked flights and a hotel for the Munich beer festival.

Instead of just putting the flight tickets in an envelope I bought a Xmas box and thought I would put a beer steiner in it along with a german sausage and an A4 sheet with a picture of a german flag and adolf hitler, rolled up into a scroll. 

I hadnt got round to putting the box together and I came home the other night to find him sitting in the kitchen eating the bloody sausage! He had found it in the fridge. So I had to go out and buy another one and put the box together.

I wanted him to open the sausage and flag/hitler scroll first, as the flight tix were in the beer steiner. So , xmas morning comes along and I am sitting excited about the present. My youngest daughter starts passing things out from under the tree and hands MrTdyer a card . He opens it and read out to us all, ‘merry xmas dad, you can spend these on your trip to Germany ! ‘

Aargh , my other daughter had bought him Euros and her present got opened first 😩

After all that planning, and to make matters worse when he opened my present he opened the beer steiner first so the sausage and scroll were a complete anti climax.

Next year it will be a flowery shirt from Tkmaxx. 

13 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😀, only someone who has been through the pain of building a Barbie House can truly understand the joy that a mere 4 bolts can bring.

Talking of presents, my grand Xmas surprise gift to Mr Tdyer went complety pearshaped.   

I couldnt think what to get him, after 37 yrs together I  exhausted every interesting gift a while back,  and he is now getting too old for flowery shirts from TKmaxx. However he got a wee bonus from his employers  this month as he has worked there 20 yrs so I decided to go over the top and booked flights and a hotel for the Munich beer festival.

Instead of just putting the flight tickets in an envelope I bought a Xmas box and thought I would put a beer steiner in it along with a german sausage and an A4 sheet with a picture of a german flag and adolf hitler, rolled up into a scroll. 

I hadnt got round to putting the box together and I came home the other night to find him sitting in the kitchen eating the bloody sausage! He had found it in the fridge. So I had to go out and buy another one and put the box together.

I wanted him to open the sausage and flag/hitler scroll first, as the flight tix were in the beer steiner. So , xmas morning comes along and I am sitting excited about the present. My youngest daughter starts passing things out from under the tree and hands MrTdyer a card . He opens it and read out to us all, ‘merry xmas dad, you can spend these on your trip to Germany ! ‘

Aargh , my other daughter had bought him Euros and her present got opened first 😩

After all that planning, and to make matters worse when he opened my present he opened the beer steiner first so the sausage and scroll were a complete anti climax.

:lol: brilliant!  

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I hope he likes beer? :lol:

5 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

My In laws were over yesterday and after about 10 minutes, father in law says to my wife, “Laura, do you like your bracelet?” to which she replies, “I’ve no idea Dad, but thanks for telling me what I’m opening next” :rollsmile:

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

My In laws were over yesterday and after about 10 minutes, father in law says to my wife, “Laura, do you like your bracelet?” to which she replies, “I’ve no idea Dad, but thanks for telling me what I’m opening next” :rollsmile:

Yeah, my father in law gave me a bottle shape parcel yesterday & said " you do still drink whisky ? " :hammer:

19 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I hope he likes beer? :lol:

😂, I think he actually prefers beer to me, 15 pints of it at least makes me more palatable. The smile was wiped off his face when he realised he wasnt going alone right enough.😬

I got the best present ever from my daughter, an emoji dictionary. I shall have hours of endless fun insulting everyone on here whilst bypassing the swear filters. Please feel free to PM me if you require a particularly vile phrase. Unless of course you are sending it right back to me.  

15 hours ago, dandydunn said:

😂 what an incredibly ‘dad’ thing to say.  I dont know why you are laughing right enough, that will be you in 25 years .