Scottish Player Transfers - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Player Transfers

PASTA Mick

15 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Rangers sign Glenn Middleton from Norwich, the undoubted star of our u17 and 19 teams (along with Aitchison). I’m amazed Norwich let him go, I’d expect him to play in the Rangers first team before the end of the season.

Great signing for Rangers and good move for the player too

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

The huns have bought Glenn Middleton from Norwich. Pretty gutted with that because I think he is a very good player. Loads of potential.  

Yeah I thought he was really highly rated down south. Can't be as good as we hoped if they happily let him go. I can't imagine Rangers paid any more than a few hundred k for him (plus sell ons).

1 hour ago, Rude Gullit said:

Yeah I thought he was really highly rated down south. Can't be as good as we hoped if they happily let him go. I can't imagine Rangers paid any more than a few hundred k for him (plus sell ons).

I think Norwich have made a mistake. Their fans are indeed furious at this deal. He is one of our top players in that age group. 

On 29/01/2018 at 2:01 PM, Dairbee said:

Johny Russell has turned down a new contract with Derby and looks to be heading to the MLS. 

I know that players down south get a lot of grief sometimes (e.g. WGS was picking players who weren't good enough and there were better in Scotland) but I do think Russell is one of those players for whom the reverse might have been true and if he'd been playing regularly in Scotland he woudl have a few more caps by now.

17 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

I know that players down south get a lot of grief sometimes (e.g. WGS was picking players who weren't good enough and there were better in Scotland) but I do think Russell is one of those players for whom the reverse might have been true and if he'd been playing regularly in Scotland he woudl have a few more caps by now.

Probobly true.

He was quickly shifted out to the wing at Derby and played as a winger who also came back and protected his full back. 

Couldn't fault his work ethic and came off the park every game knackered. 

Always good for +5 goals per season. 

Ironically, he was having his worst run of form when he got called up for the England game at Parkhead. He still linked up with Robertson for the goal. 

He will always be remembered in the East mids for his screamer v Forest in the 5 nil. 

Ill miss him at Derby, one by one the Scottish contingent are moving out. 

42 minutes ago, LewisEDI said:

Allan to hibs, hope he hasn't booked his summer holidays because he will be on his way to south/central america come summer. I hope he still is a master of the look away slide rule pass. 

I think he’ll need a few other things in his locker to make that squad. Talented no doubt, but certainly not fulfilling it yet.

5 hours ago, LewisEDI said:

Allan to hibs, hope he hasn't booked his summer holidays because he will be on his way to south/central america come summer. I hope he still is a master of the look away slide rule pass. 

Surely he won’t be taking Dylan mcgeouch’s place in the team 🙀

23 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Johnny Russell completes his move to Kansas. I've always felt that he could have offered us something in the final third

Yeah always thought he was worth a spot in the squad at least, good player and hard worker. Strachan knows better though

16 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Tony Watt has been released by whatever club he was at in Belgium.

A return to Scotland? It doesn't look like he's ever going to make it. 

What a waste of talent. I'm sure he's picked up a few bob, but he had the potential to be an international first-pick. 24 years old now? Yeah he'll be signing for a lower-half SPFL Prem team or the like I'd imagine.

54 minutes ago, Rude Gullit said:

What a waste of talent. I'm sure he's picked up a few bob, but he had the potential to be an international first-pick. 24 years old now? Yeah he'll be signing for a lower-half SPFL Prem team or the like I'd imagine.

One goal against Barcelona. Hyped up to fuck because he played for one of the Glasgow big two.