Scottish Player Transfers - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Player Transfers

PASTA Mick

Back to McGinn the way Hibs play their 3 midfielders interchange.  The are an opposition team I actually enjoy to watch and my views on Neil Lennon have changed with the way he has taken on Hibs.  Last time I liked watching an opposition team was Dundee Utd - Gauld, Armstrong, Ciftci (!?), Mackay-Steven, Robertson - then they all got punted.

43 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Danny Wilson moving to the US. He's only 26 so it seems a bit early to be making that move. I felt he still had a chance of getting games for us, largely down to our lack of other options. 

I don’t think moving to the US stops that.

He is a good option for us & on his current form should be in and about the next squad contention.

Johny Russell has turned down a new contract with Derby and looks to be heading to the MLS. 

Derby also want Chris Martin to move on but he seems happy sitting on the bench. Sunderland have given up trying to lure him North. 

Anya is playing with the under 23's. The club are waiting for offers but nothing has come in for him yet. He's not been in the 1st team squad for months and didnt go on the trip to Dubai last week. 

Wages might be putting off potential clubs for Martin and Anya. 

16 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

He’s been outstanding for Rangers this year so you obviously haven’t been watching Scottish football much. 

Really? I always thought he was pretty average at Hearts and wasn’t sorry to see him go. Berra and Souttar are far better defenders. 

38 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

He’s been outstanding for Rangers this year so you obviously haven’t been watching Scottish football much. 

He's running away when he still has time to prove himself, just don't like to see players with any ability running away and hiding, bit like lee Wallace really. Not quite the same but spending what should be some of you better years at a lower level doesn't make sense.  I think you rate Scottish football too highly but that's another matter

15 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

He's running away when he still has time to prove himself, just don't like to see players with any ability running away and hiding, bit like lee Wallace really. Not quite the same but spending what should be some of you better years at a lower level doesn't make sense.  I think you rate Scottish football too highly but that's another matter

From what I've seen over the last 2 years the standard in the MLS is higher than the Scottish Premiership so he certainly isn't running away.  Whether he can cut it out there remains to be seen!

16 hours ago, ProudScot said:

You don't half post drivel.

Outstanding? Seriously? In his 15 games? 5 of which Rangers lost to the likes of Killie, Dundee, Hamilton, Hibs & St Johnstone?

I must have missed all these amazing performances.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You don't half post drivel.

Outstanding? Seriously? In his 15 games? 5 of which Rangers lost to the likes of Killie, Dundee, Hamilton, Hibs & St Johnstone?

I must have missed all these amazing performances.

Didn’t see the two wins v Aberdeen and the old firm game then obviously. 

15 hours ago, kwhitelaw said:

From what I've seen over the last 2 years the standard in the MLS is higher than the Scottish Premiership so he certainly isn't running away.  Whether he can cut it out there remains to be seen!

Pish.

4 hours ago, Ormond said:

Pish.

:-)) fair play!  You're obviously better placed than I am to judge but from watching the live games here on Sky and the highlights package I reckon the MLS is a now a higher standard than the SPFL