Scottish Player Transfers - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Player Transfers

PASTA Mick

3 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Totally different players.

I wouldn’t play McGinn over Cairney in a number 10 role and vice versa 

Are they? McGinn is an attacking midfielder. Pushes forward with other midfielders covering the defence. He 8s a brilliant player and last game v Celtic went toe to toe with Scott Brown.  I really rate him.

20 minutes ago, Alan said:

Are they? McGinn is an attacking midfielder. Pushes forward with other midfielders covering the defence. He 8s a brilliant player and last game v Celtic went toe to toe with Scott Brown.  I really rate him.

I think McGinn will be DM longer term. He’s got great strength in the tackle. He attacks well in the SPFL but I’m not sure he’d be as effective in that role at a higher level.

1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

I think McGinn will be DM longer term. He’s got great strength in the tackle. He attacks well in the SPFL but I’m not sure he’d be as effective in that role at a higher level.

I was listening to Off the Ball on Saturday and Faddy was on.  He was talking about how too many young players these days - talking more about youth level - get fixated about their position, they think they're a CDM or whatever and that's it.

He singled out John McGinn as an example of who they should be looking at and said "John McGinn is a centre midfielder, he can defend, he can attack, he can do it all"

I see McGinn as the natural replacement for Scott Brown - and to be honest, he should probably be replacing him right now for the future.

Aye for me McGinn comes in the box to box midfielder bracket.He's definitely not just attacking and he doesn't just sit above his defence. He's got the lot - his next move will be interesting and I would be disappointed to see him go to Celtic, he could play for decent size club in England not just relegation fodder. (Or a European league)

1 hour ago, JECK said:

Aye for me McGinn comes in the box to box midfielder bracket.He's definitely not just attacking and he doesn't just sit above his defence. He's got the lot - his next move will be interesting and I would be disappointed to see him go to Celtic, he could play for decent size club in England not just relegation fodder. (Or a European league)

I don't see why ppl rate mcginn, he's a very good spl or English championship player, that's about it. It's not like he's all that young either so I can't see him moving up a level to the epl. Whereas cairney is clearly a level above the English championship and should of playing epl years ago.

12 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Not sure about this move. In one way it could be good but Bari are a team playing in Italy's second tier.

It’s a great move, he’s hardly going to waltz into a serie A side if he can’ get a game for Celtic. Bari could get promoted though. His wee brother looks a great prospect  btw.

1 minute ago, er yir macaroon said:

It’s a great move, he’s hardly going to waltz into a serie A side if he can’ get a game for Celtic. Bari could get promoted though. His wee brother looks a great prospect  btw.

My reservations with it is that Bari are by no means guaranteed promotion. Also, most importantly, will he be a first team regular or will he sink into obscurity like Ryan Gauld and Jack Harper? Don't get me wrong though I wish him all the best.

The more I think about the Ikechi Anya to Hibs rumour the more I can understand it

He's supposedly played his last game for Derby County as they can't afford to pay Watford a fee after he played X number of games which was part of the deal

He'll be wanting guaranteed game time to keep himself in contention with a new Scotland manager being lined up

Derby save cash, Ikechi gets game time, Hibs get a cracking player who can play numerous positions including where we are short and an injury or suspension away from a crisis

Everyones a winner!!

On ‎17‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 3:22 PM, aaid said:

I was listening to Off the Ball on Saturday and Faddy was on.  He was talking about how too many young players these days - talking more about youth level - get fixated about their position, they think they're a CDM or whatever and that's it.

He singled out John McGinn as an example of who they should be looking at and said "John McGinn is a centre midfielder, he can defend, he can attack, he can do it all"

I see McGinn as the natural replacement for Scott Brown - and to be honest, he should probably be replacing him right now for the future.

Scott brown played his first few games as a striker, went right midfield, central midfield and defensive midfield

mcginn will end up being our longer term defensive midfielder

21 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

If Derby can't afford X games, then Hibs won't either, unless it is a very different deal. 

Seemingly the transfer deal between Derby and Watford was if he plays (picking a random number) 150 games for Derby it'll trigger a clause where they will have to pay Watford X-amount of cash

Hell be a NAP to be the first name on the Derby team sheet now

11 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Chris Martin on loan to Sunderland.  Were's he been hiding- 

Talking of Sunderland, I saw that Matthew Know (the Livi kid linked with Man Utd, Liverpool and Rangers) joined Sunderland this week. I don't know much about him but it seems like a poor choice if he did have other options. 

Edited by PASTA Mick

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

Talking of Sunderland, I saw that Matthew Know (the Livi kid linked with Man Utd, Liverpool and Rangers) joined Sunderland this week. I don't know much about him but it seems like a poor choice if he did have other options. 

Hopefully due to them being so poor it may mean a lot of first team opportunities, has anyone seen the kid Knox play any good?

15 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Anya is mince. He should have stopped getting caps about 3 years ago.

He’s a perfect example of the shambles that was Strachans reign. 

Anya is limited, but his acceleration, work rate and assist rate are very good. He's scored 3 for us and I reckon he must have assisted twice that many at least. Sure, he's not as sharp as he was when he first came in, but it's balls to say he's mince.

7 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Not trying to be smart arse but linked is probably the key word. Livingston maybe only got a worthy offer from Sunderland, the others maybe never followed up with concrete offers. Hopefully it means he will get first team chances quicker and a chance to develop. Not seen the kid play myself so can't really judge.