Radio Station at Work - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Radio Station at Work

Radio 4 during the day if I’m at home working as I can’t really be arsed with mainstream chart playlist music or inane chat. A couple of people at work have sat with headphones on but I think they’re listening to playlists rather than radio. Radio 2’s fine from 5pm onwards and the 7pm slot occasionally has some great music, but I wouldn’t go near it during the day. 5live is fine for the Mayo/Kermode Film Review and sport but the morning phone-ins are brutal. The late night stuff is better.  I’m more drawn to Amazon Prime or Spotify to discover new music.

Edited by neilser

9 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Before I got dab radio, it was original 106 or Absolute. 

Now its radio x, with the odd magic xmas being flicked on for my fix. 

If I don’t get to listen to radio at work, I go into an almighty strop. 

I love when an apprentice walks in and even attempts to get radio 1 on :lol:

Northsound is absolutely fucking rotten. 

Who's going to start the favourite Christmas song thread?

On 12/20/2017 at 2:39 AM, Parklife said:

I generally plug my headphones in to my laptop and listen to either 1xtra, Kisstory or Absolute 90's. 

If I get fed up of the constant reel on Pandora sometimes I will go to Absolute 80’s. Cannae beat a bit o’ Boy Geordie pumping out disco classics at 9am on a Friday morning in a customer’s house. Given the 6 hour time gap when all the mid-life crisis chicks in Scotland are getting ready to go out and get leathered.

Talksport in the morning get the main news and story's then depending which part of the country I'm in usually local radio of some sort. Tuesdays I listen to radio Scotland for my sins as it's the only thing the van picks up for a good bit of the day. When all else fails spotify