Forgiveness - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

Am I the only cunt who has started getting religious adverts stuck inbetween TA Specific and TAMB Announcements now? Scotty, what have you done?

On 18/12/2017 at 3:55 PM, Ormond said:

I’m always in admiration at Scotty’s brilliant ability to politely reply to every single thing thrown at him. :lol:

Maybe the software has detected another susceptible person............

Boo!

Edited by Eisegerwind
Ill founded judgement. Too many oo's

On 12/22/2017 at 11:16 AM, TDYER63 said:

Sister, actually.

Ah... 'Sister'. 

Apologies.

(Did I have you confused with the TAMBer who really likes their gigs/music, or is that you too? Somebody '63'?)

If you have been posting on here for 2 decades, and are still getting images removed...

Has only happened twice where folk have posted tastelessly about the misery of others.

The images were asking the question "Just to be clear... This is what you're making fun of, right?"

...perhaps you could try to find a less inflamatory way of getting your point over. 

I felt a strong point was needed where a heavy subject was being mocked.

I personally wasnt offended, but others clearly are. 

What's clear is that ironically certain people have tried to take the high ground by showing outrage at the images being posted by me, when, considering the subject, that's the emotion that should have been prevalent prior to me feeling any need to post them. 

Anyway,?Merry Christmas to you when it comes Scotty. 👍

And a very Merry Christmas to you too!

On 12/23/2017 at 4:38 PM, bonzo said:

Maybe try godblock. 

Sadly, that's what the majority use their hearts for.

On 12/23/2017 at 8:32 PM, Ally Bongo said:

Merry Christmas x

DRxksr5V4AAyzEa.jpg

He had no understanding of what he was saying (but sadly knows now just how wrong he had things).

Firstly, one can't differentiate Jesus from God.

Jesus is God.

The Son of God is also God the Son.

And secondly, no such crimes have ever been committed by Bible-believing followers of Jesus Christ (as committing such crimes would exclude them from that title).

Thirdly, satan is behind all of the world's false belief systems (so he'd be wrong there as well).

Trying to portray The Roman Catholic Church with it's thin veneer of 'Christianity' as Christian doesn't work either as it's doctrine isn't Biblical.

Carl Sagan no longer believes this, and there'll come a time when no one, including yourself, will believe it either.

The purpose of this thread (at this time of year) was to basically say "If people can go through 'hell on earth and back' and still genuinely forgive, then shouldn't we, in our relatively comfy lives be able to forgive the relative pettiness that we encounter?" 

It is in that 'freeing' spirit that I have tried to post.

I hold nothing against anyone, and am all the better for it.

May God richly Bless each and every one of you! :)

Merry Christmas!

48 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

All the best, Mate!

(You get any snow last night? We got a ton.)

A lot fell yesterday all through the day until around 4pm. We had a team last year to clear the drive but this year I decided to do it myself. My back was murder with it yesterday. :(

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

The purpose of this thread (at this time of year) was to basically say "If people can go through 'hell on earth and back' and still genuinely forgive, then shouldn't we, in our relatively comfy lives be able to forgive the relative pettiness that we encounter?" 

It is in that 'freeing' spirit that I have tried to post.

I hold nothing against anyone, and am all the better for it.

May God richly Bless each and every one of you! :)

Merry Christmas!

Aw the best scotty but Aw the people that are going through hell in the name of any religion are the victims. So if there was no religions there would be a lot less victims. Enjoy your preachings because like Aw us atheists your a long time deid :P

3 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Aw the best scotty...

Thank you, 'Bonzo'.

All the best to you and yours.

4 minutes ago, bonzo said:

...but Aw the people that are going through hell in the name of any religion are the victims. So if there was no religions there would be a lot less victims.

You, me and God are all in agreement. :ok:

Religion is just a false belief system that says we have to work for what has already been paid for.

A complete waste of time and energy (unless you are satan. Then it works a treat.)

7 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Enjoy your preachings because like Aw us atheists your a long time deid :P

You are either a 'long time' with or without God (but you'll be aware regardless).

3 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Sadly, that's what the majority use their hearts for.

He had no understanding of what he was saying (but sadly knows now just how wrong he had things).

Firstly, one can't differentiate Jesus from God.

Jesus is God.

The Son of God is also God the Son.

And secondly, no such crimes have ever been committed by Bible-believing followers of Jesus Christ (as committing such crimes would exclude them from that title).

Thirdly, satan is behind all of the world's false belief systems (so he'd be wrong there as well).

Trying to portray The Roman Catholic Church with it's thin veneer of 'Christianity' as Christian doesn't work either as it's doctrine isn't Biblical.

Carl Sagan no longer believes this, and there'll come a time when no one, including yourself, will believe it either.

What you want to believe in no way constitutes reality never mind proof

3 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Thank you, 'Bonzo'.

All the best to you and yours.

You, me and God are all in agreement. :ok:

Religion is just a false belief system that says we have to work for what has already been paid for.

A complete waste of time and energy (unless you are satan. Then it works a treat.)

You are either a 'long time' with or without God (but you'll be aware regardless).

So where are you comin fae scotty? If religion is an arse what is Christianity/Islam/Hinduism/jedi and so on? Only askin like. 

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

What you want to believe...

...the truth...

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

...in no way constitutes reality never mind proof

Yet, time will show the truth to be true.

29 minutes ago, bonzo said:

So where are you comin fae scotty? If religion is an arse what is Christianity/Islam/Hinduism/jedi and so on? Only askin like. 

Christianity is a 'faith'.

Religion says 'do', while Christianity says 'done'.

Bible-believing Christianity doesn't have any hoops to jump through. No checklist. No scavenger hunt. Nothing to earn.

Romans 10:9 "because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

1 minute ago, Scotty CTA said:

...the truth...

Yet, time will show the truth to be true.

Christianity is a 'faith'.

Religion says 'do', while Christianity says 'done'.

Bible-believing Christianity doesn't have any hoops to jump through. No checklist. No scavenger hunt. Nothing to earn.

Romans 10:9 "because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

If you believe in Christianity do you give people involved in other "faiths" the same credence as folk who have the same faith as yourself? 

There's only one answer to (for example) the question of "What is 2 + 2".

Do you give just as much credence to the wrong answers (3, 3 1/2, 5, whatever...) as you do to the one and only correct answer?

Do folk have freewill? Yes

Are they allowed to live out their lives thinking that (for example) 2 +2 = 5?  Yes

Should they?

I'm just saying that 2 + 2 = 4 for those that will listen. 

Romans 10:17 "So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ." 

Ephesians 2:8 "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,"

No, I don't give as much credence to falsehoods as I do truth.

When things are diametrically opposed then they both can't be true (so how could I?)

If a person believes the opposite to me, then fine, but I won''t encouragingly pat them on the head.

12 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

No, I don't give as much credence to falsehoods as I do truth.

When things are diametrically opposed then they both can't be true (so how could I?)

If a person believes the opposite to me, then fine, but I won''t encouragingly pat them on the head.

So my next question, what makes you right and them wrong?