Forgiveness - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I don't know the context Scotty posted the picture in, but sometimes you have to see the conclusions of your countries actions. and what is really going on.

but since no one was really debating the cost of war or poverty i can't see why you'd suddenly post one of that nature.

11 minutes ago, phart said:

I don't know the context Scotty posted the picture in, but sometimes you have to see the conclusions of your countries actions. and what is really going on.

but since no one was really debating the cost of war or poverty i can't see why you'd suddenly post one of that nature.

I think he may have been frustrated at the reference to festive jokes as he started the post with something like ‘ there is nothing funny about ‘ then showed the pictures and background behind them. 

Whilst the pictures were inapproropriate I have to be honest and say they actually forced me to read the content of the link about Rwanda and in doing so I found out a bit more about a subject I had no knowledge on. They werent random pictures they were providing examples of forgiveness for extreme crimes. You are correct Phart, sometimes you need to see what is really going on. Scotty perhaps misjudged the platform to post these on. 

49 minutes ago, phart said:

26 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I think he may have been frustrated at the reference to festive jokes as he started the post with something like ‘ there is nothing funny about ‘ then showed the pictures and background behind them. 

Whilst the pictures were inapproropriate I have to be honest and say they actually forced me to read the content of the link about Rwanda and in doing so I found out a bit more about a subject I had no knowledge on. They werent random pictures they were providing examples of forgiveness for extreme crimes. You are correct Phart, sometimes you need to see what is really going on. Scotty perhaps misjudged the platform to post these on. 

Shite. He's a God bothering attention seeking mentalist. He's also got previous form for this sort of posting.

15 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

No need for shhushing.  Search on the board for 'genocide', you'll find the last time Scotty had images deleted. I was posting on that thread in my one and only iteration. No need to thank me.

I'll be able to see deleted images will I? I'll give this wild goose chase a miss lol.

EDIT: Despite my better judgement i did search the term and Incidentally the search returns this thread. So as i suspected.

indeed no need to thank you, very perceptive.

Edited by phart

18 minutes ago, phart said:

I'll be able to see deleted images will I? I'll give this wild goose chase a miss lol.

EDIT: Despite my better judgement i did search the term and Incidentally the search returns this thread. So as i suspected.

indeed no need to thank you, very perceptive.

No shit Sherlock.

16 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

No shit Sherlock.

Yeah but i knew all this already, you're acting like you come bearing revelations.

So you tell me something i patently know then tell me not to thank you, then when i point out i already know it, you say "no shit sherlock".

Anyway on with the rest of my life.

8 minutes ago, phart said:

Yeah but i knew all this already, you're acting like you come bearing revelations.

So you tell me something i patently know then tell me not to thank you, then when i point out i already know it, you say "no shit sherlock".

Anyway on with the rest of my life.

Keep digging.

12 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Scotty certainly knows how start a burning bush then fook off🙄

In their rush to obfuscate "previous iteration" they forgot to make sense. As there isn't another example of scotty being deleted within that usernames timeframe. Hence the quick change back to this thread and the whole thing not making sense due to the revisionism.

Anyway i only made the comment as a throwaway joke.

I'll just walk off and let that bush burn stand about too much and it might start talking.

7 minutes ago, phart said:

In their rush to obfuscate "previous iteration" they forgot to make sense. As there isn't another example of scotty being deleted within that usernames timeframe. Hence the quick change back to this thread and the whole thing not making sense due to the revisionism.

Anyway i only made the comment as a throwaway joke.

I'll just walk off and let that bush burn stand about too much and it might start talking.

I could tell you were joking Phart. I nearly gave you a ‘haha’. Humour is often lost on here.  I am really funny in real life .

🤥

On 12/20/2017 at 4:25 AM, bonzo said:

FFS if I want to see pictures like that I'll look for them. 

On 12/20/2017 at 4:31 AM, Fairbairn said:

FFS Scotty, take that picture down.  It has absolutely no place on this forum.

So it's not a "joke", then?

That's exactly my point, and folk who make time to make light of such tragedy should actually be the ones to think before posting.

On 12/20/2017 at 9:27 AM, TAMB1 said:

Agree. I've deleted the post.

@Scotty CTA, please think of others before posting such images.

In the first (previous) instance, 'Eisegerwind' mocked and denied the current Christian holocaust by ISIS.

I responded by posting graphic pictures showing just how real it was.

Proving the holocaust in that fashion made me the 'bad guy' (and no one on here said anything denouncing the denier, either).

In this instance, once again, flippant 'joke' comments were made on a thread where great love and forgiveness were shown by victims toward the perpetrators of genocide. 

I responded by writing "There's nothing funny about this level of evil" and again posted 2 'straight to the point' photos.

The first was a black and white image of a collection of the separated arms and legs of women who had been experimented on at Ravensbruck (as the first story related to a survivor of that hell-hole), and the second image was of a 2(?) year old victim of the Rwandan machete genocide.

That image was followed by a newspaper article of a Rwandan lady who forgave the attacker who not only hacked off this lady's right hand and left her for dead, but also murdered her baby in front of her.

I'll include a link again here... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2598189/Incredible-story-Rwandan-genocide-survivor-survived-machete-attack-friends-man-killed-child.html

The image (only posted in response to unfeeling posts) went with the article, which went with the thread. 

(TAMB1... I don't regret posting the images, and I have no problem with you removing them. Just forcing folk to look in the mirror, is all.)

So... your child is murdered in front of you... could you forgive, and forgive to the point that you actually become friends with the assailant?

Is this level of forgiveness natural (or supernatural)? 

On 12/20/2017 at 11:52 AM, TDYER63 said:

I forgive you Scotty . 

Thank you, Brother. (For what?)

On 12/20/2017 at 12:47 PM, bonzo said:

A wee wean with its head half cut off, also loads of severed legs in a bath type thing. Nae need.

Agreed. 

No need for genocide (and no need to joke about it.)

On 12/20/2017 at 12:49 PM, Orraloon said:

They were probably just actors anyway.

Graphic...

14 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I think he may have been frustrated (disappointed/saddened) at the reference to festive jokes as he started the post with something like ‘ there is nothing funny about ‘ then showed the pictures and background behind them. 

Whilst the pictures were inapproropriate I have to be honest and say they actually forced me to read the content of the link about Rwanda and in doing so I found out a bit more about a subject I had no knowledge on. They werent random pictures they were providing examples of forgiveness for extreme crimes. You are correct Phart, sometimes you need to see what is really going on. 

Thank you, again.

14 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Scotty perhaps misjudged the platform to post these on. 

No... been doing this almost 2 decades now.

10 hours ago, Ormond said:

Shhhh.... He’ll start again. :P

It's 'Revelation' (singular)... the 'revealing' of Jesus Christ at the Second Coming.

12 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Thank you, Brother. (For what?)

Agreed. 

No need for genocide (and no need to joke about it.)

Graphic...

Thank you, again.

No... been doing this almost 2 decades now.

It's 'Revelation' (singular)... the 'revealing' of Jesus Christ at the Second Coming.

Sister, actually. But I will forgive you 😏

If you have been posting on here for 2 decades, and are still getting images removed, perhaps you could try to find a less inflamatory way of getting your point over. I personally wasnt offended, but others clearly are. 

Anyway,?Merry Christmas to you when it comes Scotty. 👍