Forgiveness - Page 9 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, Flure said:

I thought that was Pete Zazzupa?

No Pete is who I liked, the **author who lived in loft apartment in Manhattan. JPM is someone else who is not the super rich, incredibly handsome yet into wee fat birds Pete. I think Pete and JPM had very strong aversions to religious schools.

** some of the above may only be true in my imagination  but in the spirit of the thread I should be forgiven for ne’erday dreams. 

Ive been drinking too. 

Edited by G-Man

7 hours ago, mariokempes56 said:

Perhaps that is why I despair more than otherwise.

The "evangelical/born again" folks seem too happy to thrust their belief system down every bodies throats.

I have traveled all over the USA and Ive generally found those "Evangelical" folks in the south to the most hypocritical people I have ever met.  I remember sitting at numerous dinners/lunches almost boaking at the fake-ness.

That's because they don't rightly divide and are into Israel's program.  Jesus Christ gave Paul the revelation of the mystery - a secret hid in God that wasn't revealed before. No-one and i mean no-one can earn their way into heaven.  Unfortunately, just like in the past, we have present day pharisees, and they really are VERY SELF-righteous.  The Bible teaches we don't have any righteousness of our own but when we believe the gospel of grace, we are imputed with the righteousness with Christ - we are in the body of Christ. Amazing or what ? x

Edited by Kimba

“It shall greatly help ye to understand the Scriptures if thou mark not only what is spoken or written, but of whom and to whom, with what words, at what time, where, to what intent, with what circumstances, considering what goeth before and what followeth after. ”

― Miles Coverdale

http://graceambassadors.com/mystery/what-is-the-mystery-revealed-to-paul

I'm about to post an important post that i was right about ages ago and evidence just came out, will you let it sit for a few hours so everyone can see it before deluging it with reams of your beliefs that were written by someone else, please?

27 minutes ago, phart said:

I'm about to post an important post that i was right about ages ago and evidence just came out, will you let it sit for a few hours so everyone can see it before deluging it with reams of your beliefs that were written by someone else, please?

That'll be a no then lol.

22 minutes ago, phart said:

That'll be a no then lol.

I'm interested.  In the meantime chew on this...

http://graceambassadors.com/bible/7-important-doctrines-about-the-bible

The Bible is the most important book in history, and is what defines our faith. Without it we would not know who God is, his will for us, salvation, or the Lord Jesus Christ. 

The way to destroy Christianity would be to destroy the Bible. This present evil world knows this and has been attacking the Bible for centuries. No Bible = no Christianity. 

As a result of relentless attacks without reply, generations have a view of the Bible that it is an anachronistic book written by men that no one can understand filled with mistakes that is unneeded for true spirituality. What lies!

If Christianity is on the wane it is due to a failure to fortify these important doctrines about the Bible. If removing the Bible makes Christianity crumble, returning respect to the Holy Book of Books will strengthen it. 

Here are seven important doctrines about the Bible that will strengthen your faith in God’s word and make you a Bible believer.

1. Revelation – God spoke words.

Revelation is the doctrine that God has spoken. The Bible is God’s revelation. This is important because God is true, holy, good, and without error. Therefore, what he says is true, holy, good, and without error. This is where we get the “holy” in Holy Bible. The Bible is sacred because of its author. The Bible was revealed by God. 

“ For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.” – Galatians 1:12

2. Inspiration – God’s words in writing.

Who doesn’t know the Bible was written by men. The doctrine of inspiration describes how God’s words were put in writing using the instrumentation of humanity. The Bible was not delivered from heaven like the golden plates of Mormonism, or by oral tradition like the Talmud or Koran. Divine inspiration teaches that God wrote the Bible with human pens to write specific words (2 Peter 1:20-21). 

“All scripture is given by inspiration of God…” – 2 Timothy 3:16

3. Illumination – God’s words understood.

The Bible can be understood, and this because of the doctrine of illumination. God did not write a book so that no one could read and understand it. His purpose was for all to know and each to study for themselves (1 Tim 2:42 Tim 2:15). The Bible is not a book God kept in secret, but helps us to understand. How can we understand? First, faith is required (Rom 10:17). Then, you must be spiritual quickened (1 Cor 2:12-13). Thirdly, you must acknowledge Paul’s instruction (2 Tim 2:7). 

“ But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.” – 1 Corinthians 2:14

“Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.” – 2 Timothy 2:7

4. Utilization – God’s words must be used.

It is necessary to have and understand the Bible, because God requires it be utilized. We are told to preach it, teach it, study it, rightly divide it, eat it, believe it, live by it, stand with it, fight with it, and obey it. This doctrine alone should cause us to cherish God’s holy book: we need it! Faith comes by no other way.

“ For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning,…” – Romans 15:4

“ So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” – Romans 10:17

5. Canonization – God’s words complete & sufficient.

This oft neglected doctrine describes how the Bible came to be complete and defined. A corollary to this is the idea that the Bible is all that we need: it is sufficient. There is nothing lacking from it to make us perfect (complete) workmen for the Lord. There is nothing else we need from oral tradition, experience, gut feelings, a Pope, magisterium, deacon board, anointed pastor, or the wisdom of the world. God said many things that are not in the Bible, but the Bible is what God wants us to know, and it is finished, complete, and sufficient in sixty-six books. 

“All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable… that the man of God may be perfect” – 2 Timothy 3:16-17

“Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God” – Colossians 1:25

6. Preservation – God’s words through history.

Without preservation none of the other doctrines matter. God could have revealed, inspired, and completed a Bible to be used and understood, but without the doctrine of preservation it is all for naught, and the Holy Bible was lost thousands of years ago to history. If God wants us to understand and use his words that he inspired then they must be preserved through history. There are no more original autographs. Preservation is needed for God’s words to endure forever (1 Pet 1:25). 

“Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.” – Matthew 24:35

“ Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.” – Psalm 12:7

7. Identification – God’s words in your hands and heart.

In a world, culture, or church that does not understand and believe the previous six important doctrines this final doctrine is the most offensive. It is also the most important for the word of God to have an effect in your life. 

This doctrine describes how you know you hold God’s words in your hand and are reading them with your eyes. If God inspired and preserved his word we should be able to identify it today. 

There are so many different books claiming to be the Bible. It was the need to clearly identify the Holy Bible which drove men to reduce the differences and number of Bible translations down to one. After all, God only inspired one, and we only need one, and the church is one, and so which one is it?

When it is said that God’s perfectly preserved words in English are found in the King James Bible this is a statement reflecting the doctrine of identification. 

“…when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.” – 1 Thessalonians 2:13

The Effect on Those That Believe

The Thessalonians had to identify by faith the words of God before they had an effect. Perhaps the reason Christians are not being effected by the word of God is that they are not clearly identified amidst hundreds of different translations.

Perhaps you cannot yet identify which Bible is God’s words. Perhaps you have been persuaded that they are all the same, or that God does not preserve his words, or that the Bible is too hard to understand or is not completely sufficient or necessary for us to have. 

Denying any one of these important doctrines about the Bible brings confusion and doubt upon the Bible. Without the Bible Christianity becomes ineffective, or worse. 

“For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar.” – Romans 3:3-4

Christians are people of a book. Strengthen your understanding of these important doctrines about the Bible and your faith will grow, and God’s words will work effectually in you.

10 hours ago, G-Man said:

No Pete is who I liked, the **author who lived in loft apartment in Manhattan. JPM is someone else who is not the super rich, incredibly handsome yet into wee fat birds Pete. I think Pete and JPM had very strong aversions to religious schools.

** some of the above may only be true in my imagination  but in the spirit of the thread I should be forgiven for ne’erday dreams. 

Ive been drinking too. 

Pete Zazuppa was often likened to a young Russell Crowe, mainly by himself it has to be said.  He no longer lives in Manhattan.

2 hours ago, aaid said:

Pete Zazuppa was often likened to a young Russell Crowe, mainly by himself it has to be said.  He no longer lives in Manhattan.

He moved to Cabot Cove, Maine and is a neighbour of a fellow author, Jessica Fletcher. He has the build of Russell in his Gladiator days but the looks and smile of Tom Cruise. 

28 minutes ago, G-Man said:

He moved to Cabot Cove, Maine and is a neighbour of a fellow author, Jessica Fletcher. He has the build of Russell in his Gladiator days but the looks and smile of Tom Cruise. 

In that case, never meet your fantasy figures in real life.

10 hours ago, Kimba said:

5. Canonization – God’s words complete & sufficient.

This oft neglected doctrine describes how the Bible came to be complete and defined. A corollary to this is the idea that the Bible is all that we need: it is sufficient. There is nothing lacking from it to make us perfect (complete) workmen for the Lord. There is nothing else we need from oral tradition, experience, gut feelings, a Pope, magisterium, deacon board, anointed pastor, or the wisdom of the world. God said many things that are not in the Bible, but the Bible is what God wants us to know, and it is finished, complete, and sufficient in sixty-six books. 

“All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable… that the man of God may be perfect” – 2 Timothy 3:16-17

“Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God” – Colossians 1:25

And we know that how ? Gies an example ?

18 hours ago, phart said:

Playing devil's advocate.... Could you please list the folk that that would not apply to?

13 hours ago, aaid said:

Correct. New IP and new username.

7 hours ago, mariokempes56 said:

And we know that how ? Gies an example ?

If I'm picking you up correctly, Mario...

The last verse of the Book of John:

"And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written."

Textual claims of Iron Age Men describing events that happened decades before they related them ,found in copies of ancient greek translated manuscripts that have vast discrepancies between them not to mention the bits edited, added and removed over the centuries does not constitute any sort of evidence or veracity no matter how many of them you quote or put in capitals.

So when someone asks for an example you cant play that meaningless card

6 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Textual claims of Iron Age Men describing events that happened decades before they related them ,found in copies of ancient greek translated manuscripts that have vast discrepancies between them not to mention the bits edited, added and removed over the centuries does not constitute any sort of evidence or veracity no matter how many of them you quote or put in capitals.

So when someone asks for an example you cant play that meaningless card

I'm not exactly sure what you are on about, but how would you go about challenging The Dead Sea Scrolls?

https://www.gotquestions.org/dead-sea-scrolls.html

5 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Oh yes including moving his so called birth to the end of December. 

Bible-believing Christianity didn't have a date to move.

(The enemy came up with that one.)