Forgiveness - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

There are different versions for 3 main reasons...

1. Because we have over 6,900 different languages to translate the original Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek in to. 

2. Because some translations are correctly by word, while other versions are incorrectly (however well intentioned) by 'thought'.

3. Because the original writings have been either added to (like the Church of Latter Day Saints) or detracted from (like in the case of the Jehovah's Witnesses) by cults/sects.

The King James and the ESV are examples of reliable versions (but we always return to the original writings for accuracy).

No version should be at odds with the original writings.

13 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

There's only one answer to (for example) the question of "What is 2 + 2".

Do you give just as much credence to the wrong answers (3, 3 1/2, 5, whatever...) as you do to the one and only correct answer?

Do folk have freewill? Yes

Are they allowed to live out their lives thinking that (for example) 2 +2 = 5?  Yes

Should they?

I'm just saying that 2 + 2 = 4 for those that will listen. 

Of course 2+2=4 is only true from one perspective. 2+2=10 from another.

The only correct answer (4), and one of an infinite number of incorrect answers (10).

Just as there's only one true reality, seeing or believing it as something else doesn't create another reality.

It just becomes a skewed version of the real one.

I can show how 2 red apples plus 2 red apples totals 4 red apples.

Can you show how 2 red apples plus 2 red apples totals 10 red apples?

23 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Ah... 'Sister'. 

Apologies.

(Did I have you confused with the TAMBer who really likes their gigs/music, or is that you too? Somebody '63'?)

Has only happened twice where folk have posted tastelessly about the misery of others.

The images were asking the question "Just to be clear... This is what you're making fun of, right?"

I felt a strong point was needed where a heavy subject was being mocked.

What's clear is that ironically certain people have tried to take the high ground by showing outrage at the images being posted by me, when, considering the subject, that's the emotion that should have been prevalent prior to me feeling any need to post them. 

And a very Merry Christmas to you too!

I do like music/gigs Scotty but I dont often post anything on here as my music tastes are very mainstream and totally uninteresting . Not that that has stopped me before right enough 🙄

I  wouldnt be surprised if there was another ‘63 poster, my username is no exactly riveting. As someone pointed out on another forum, I am merely a number. Though I am sure the Lord thinks different 😇

When I come back in another life I am gonna put more thought into it 😉

27 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I do like music/gigs Scotty but I dont often post anything on here as my music tastes are very mainstream and totally uninteresting . Not that that has stopped me before right enough 🙄

I  wouldnt be surprised if there was another ‘63 poster, my username is no exactly riveting. As someone pointed out on another forum, I am merely a number. Though I am sure the Lord thinks different 😇

When I come back in another life I am gonna put more thought into it 😉

Seasonal Midwinter Salutations, young TYDER63!

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

The only correct answer (4), and one of an infinite number of incorrect answers (10).

Just as there's only one true reality, seeing or believing it as something else doesn't create another reality.

It just becomes a skewed version of the real one.

I can show how 2 red apples plus 2 red apples totals 4 red apples.

Can you show how 2 red apples plus 2 red apples totals 10 red apples?

Count in base 4. A different perspective.

Edited by andymac

I'm talking about reality, and not about any perspective on that reality.

4 isn't 10 in 'base 10', though (and I'm asking the question in base 10.)

I was asking 'apples to apples'.

Point being, there is only one correct answer as to why we are here, and an infinite number of incorrect answers.

3 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

I'm talking about reality, and not about any perspective on that reality.

4 isn't 10 in 'base 10', though (and I'm asking the question in base 10.)

I was asking 'apples to apples'.

Point being, there is only one correct answer as to why we are here, and an infinite number of incorrect answers.

No,  you just make decisions based on flawed assumptions. What you think is correct is not necessarily so. It is true  that 2 + 2 = 10. In your really narrow word it just doesn't compute. 2 apples + 2 apples are 10 apples in bases four. True but just one of the many things you don't consider.

1 hour ago, andymac said:

No,  you just make decisions based on flawed assumptions. What you think is correct is not necessarily so. It is true  that 2 + 2 = 10. In your really narrow word it just doesn't compute. 2 apples + 2 apples are 10 apples in bases four. True but just one of the many things you don't consider.

As always the holy bible has the answer to this, from the book of Kylie 3:182 "the Lord sayeth that as for the counting it will be done in groups of ten, and ten upon ten, and ten upon ten upon ten, and ten upon ten upon ten upon ten and excetera even until the really big numbers, this way it can be be sure that if someone has 2 apples and then get another 2 that they will always have 4 apples.

The questioning one then asked and may we count in groups of six also. And the Lord replied there shall be no counting in groups of six cause it will geteth all confusing.

And the questioning one asked again, may we count in groups of 12. The lord replied there will be no counting in twelveths for it would make things unclear about the apple stuff I mentioned earlier.

And the questioning one asked again and may we count in 2's, the lord replied there would be counting in 2's for this is reserved usage for animal counting only (see ark).

And the questioning one asked again, Lord may we count, at this the lord interrupted the man and sayeth "are you going to go through every number, you are just a bloody timewaster, I have said counting in tens only, end of".

And the questioning one asked again, Lord may we, and the lord smote him because he'd had it up to here with these sort of dicks may times beforeth.

4 hours ago, andymac said:

No,  you just make decisions based on flawed assumptions. 

What's the flaw and what's the assumptions?

What you think is correct is not necessarily so. 

That diametrically opposed beliefs can't both be true?

It is true  that 2 + 2 = 10. In your really narrow word it just doesn't compute. 2 apples + 2 apples are 10 apples in bases four. True but just one of the many things you don't consider.

And 32 degrees fahrenheit is the same as 0 degrees Celsius, but I'm not talking about giving a correct answer in a different way.

I'm talking about one correct answer in relation to the infinite number of incorrect answers.

4 in 'base 10' isn't the same as 10 in 'base 10', just as 32 degrees fahrenheit isn't 32 degrees Celsius, just as zero degrees Celsius isn't zero degrees fahrenheit.

You have to move the goalposts in order to try and force your square peg in the round hole.

1 hour ago, Kimba said:

^ 2 Timothy 3 springs to mind.

What verse? 16?

12 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

What verse? 16?

2 Timothy 3King James Version (KJV)

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

From another brother in Christ.  My prayer for people is that you see past the lie of religion to the ONE truth - the gospel of your salvation.

IS THIS JESUS, OR THE ANTICHRIST?!

Yesterday, a nice lady gave me a plastic case of rosary beads with a picture of "Jesus" on the case.
I smiled, accepted it and said thank you.
I seized the opportunity to preach the cross of Christ to her.
I ignored the issue of the picture not being Jesus. Well, there might be a guy named Jesus who looks like that alive today somewhere in the world, maybe in San Francisco, or East L.A., but that certainly is not what God in the flesh the Saviour of the world who lived on the Earth 2000 years ago looked like!

I don't waste time talking about things like this when I'm talking to someone face to face because I want to focus on the message of the cross, but I really despise these renditions of Christ as an anemic looking European with long slender fingers, feminine lips, and blond hair. Makes me sick.
When I think of the Earthly Jesus I imagine a dark skinned, maybe short man with short black hair, and a black beard. This is what the Hebrews of the time would have looked like.
Jesus was a carpenter with no electricity, or power tools. He would have probably had a muscular body and rough hands from hard work.
My Lord when He was on the earth was a strong, rugged, masculine man.
He is the King of Kings! The captain of captains! The lord over the host armies of Heaven!
He did not die on the cross because He was too weak to save Himself.
He died on the cross because He was strong enough to sacrifice Himself to save me!

Jesus was scourged by Roman soldiers. It was a horrible beating!
A big Roman soldier with powerful arms whipped our Lord with a cat O nine tails, a whip of nine leather straps with pieces of bone and metal tied into the straps designed to rip chunks of flesh out of the human body with every one of the at least 39 lashes our Lord had to take.
He was punched, kicked, and had his beard ripped out.
Then they made a crown out of the thorny bramble branches. Not like those little thorns on your rose bushes. These thorns were like two inch nails. They pounded this into our Lord's head. The human scalp is full of capillaries. Even a small cut on the head will bleed a lot. The amount of blood from the crown of thorns on our Lords head must have been a tremendous amount.

With swollen eyes from the soldiers punches, our Lords eyes were also stinging with all the blood running into them, his naked body with nearly all the skin ripped off it from the scourging, with deep holes in His back and legs where chunks of flesh were ripped out, our Lord was made to carry one piece of his cross which weighed around 165lLbs on his bloody back, at least half a mile, to Calvary, uphill, and barefoot!
Does this sound like a weak man to you?

The prophet Isaiah said Jesus did not even look like a man by the time He reached the cross!
Isa 52:14 As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men:

Jesus was beaten beyond recognition, yet He still did what He came to do.
He endured the suffering of the cross for you and me. He died on that cross to pay for our sins.
I ask you, does the picture of that lady boy that the modern church passes off as the Saviour of the world look like a man that could handle what Jesus handled?

I read that Leonardo DiVinci painted Christ the way the Pope told him to.
These church pictures of Jesus are modeled after Caesar Borgia, the son of Pope Alexander the VI.
The famous author, Alexandre Dumas said that pictures of Jesus Christ produced around Borgias life time were based on Caesar Borgia, and that this in turn has influenced images of Jesus produced since that time.

For anyone interested in what Jesus looks like now:
Re 1:14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
Re 1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
Re 1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
Re 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
Re 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Our apostle feared that even in his own life time the image of Christ would become distorted:
2Co 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
2Co 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Those of you who preach this false Jesus beware!

Ga 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Ga 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

friends, if anyone is telling you doctrine that adds works of any kind to the finished work of Christ they are preaching the anti Christ message to you!
The gospel of Jesus Christ that the risen and ascended Lord Jesus Christ gave to Paul personally is the ONLY gospel that can save anyone alive today!

1Co 15:1  Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

When Christ rose from the dead He justified us before God the Father!

Ro 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
Ro 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Our salvation is a FREE gift. There is NOTHING we can do in our sinful flesh to "help" Jesus save us! Jesus does NOT need your help!
On our best day we were no better than filthy menstrual rags! (IS 64:6)

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Once we, in just one instant of time, believe this gospel and we place our trust 100% in Jesus Christ as our Saviour, a supernatural event takes place. The Holy Spirit performs an IRREVERSIBLE operation on us. Our spirit is cut away from our flesh. We are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands. (CO 2:11)

No matter what happens after that single moment in time when we trusted Christ as our Saviour, no matter what we do, we can never lose our salvation! We can never lose what we could never gain in the first place.
We cannot undo what the Holy Spirit has performed on us.
We are SEALED unto the day of redemption! (EP 4:30)

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

The modern Christian church is a false system which glorifies man and NOT Jesus Christ! They are the system church of the anti Christ!
Satan is the great imitator. The modern Christian church are filled with ministers of Satan that are preaching a message as false and phony as the picture of Jesus they put out. Which is really a picture of the anti Christ!
The message of the modern Christian church no more resembles the gospel Jesus Christ gave to our Apostle Paul than the picture of that anemic looking character they depict as Jesus resembles in any way the real Jesus.

The modern church system exalts man and says, look at me! Look what I did! I got water baptized, I come to church every Sunday, I give money for tithing, I keep the commandments, I stopped smoking, drinking, playing cards, and chasing women. Look at me God!

The REAL gospel of Jesus Christ has sinners saying, Lord sweet Jesus I know I am a worthless vile wretched sinner! Bless God, Thank you Jesus for dying on the cross for my sins and raising from the dead to justify me! 
I am trusting in you alone Lord Jesus as my Saviour!

All praise, honor, and glory to our Lord, and Saviour Jesus Christ!

6 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Ah Sam Harris. Been going back and changing blog posts without saying he is doing so, so that the quotes that were taken from the blog quotes are no longer the same. Obviously been caught out though. The philosophy community who were using his quotes to argue against his thesis noticed this and have been tracking what he has been doing so they can combat this sort of dishonest intellectualism.

26 minutes ago, phart said:

Ah Sam Harris. Been going back and changing blog posts without saying he is doing so, so that the quotes that were taken from the blog quotes are no longer the same. Obviously been caught out though. The philosophy community who were using his quotes to argue against his thesis noticed this and have been tracking what he has been doing so they can combat this sort of dishonest intellectualism.

What part of his speech on all religions in the video above do you and the "philosophy community" take issue with or see as "dishonest intellectualism"  ?

Or do you think there should be another thread about free will and Islamaphobia where your post would be more apt ?

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

What part of his speech on all religions in the video above do you and the "philosophy community" take issue with or see as "dishonest intellectualism"  ?

Or do you think there should be another thread about free will and Islamaphobia where your post would be more apt ?

I just think it's funny you keep linking to a right-wing neo-con who wants ethnic profiling.

1 hour ago, phart said:

I just think it's funny you keep linking to a right-wing neo-con who wants ethnic profiling.

As funny as believing those two labels are true ?

As funny as playing the man and not the ball (again) ?