Rab Douglas - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rab Douglas

24 minutes ago, SpiderAlba said:

Goes to Scotland away games doesn't he ?

Debate about his goalkeeping abilities aside - Douglas has said a few times that he was always extremely proud to have played for Scotland :ok:That's good enough for me.

He missed his Daughter’s birth to go to a Scotland away game he was told he would play in. He never left the bench.

2 hours ago, Ormond said:

He missed his Daughter’s birth to go to a Scotland away game he was told he would play in. He never left the bench.

I admire the big chap's commitment and obvious deep pride in playing for his country :ok:

He was unfortunate to have been a Celtic panic buy back in 2000. They wanted a new keeper to challenge Gould and had spent weeks trying to get Man Utd's Mark Bosnich on loan only for him to turn them down at the last minute. So they ended up buying Douglas who was always rather out of his depth at Celtic. 

1 minute ago, Jim Beem said:

Apparently Brown alluded to his time at Celtic in less than complimentary terms. Pretty much easy to imagine the type of comment that would come out the mouth of a ‘rangers minded’ scumbag like Brown. allegedly 

Makes me all the more glad that that sectarian kant Brown never got capped for Scotland.

7 hours ago, SpiderAlba said:

Goes to Scotland away games doesn't he ?

Debate about his goalkeeping abilities aside - Douglas has said a few times that he was always extremely proud to have played for Scotland :ok:That's good enough for me.

He was on the supporters train down to Wembley for the friendly we played a few years ago, when we lost 3-2.

Seemed a really nice guy and put up with and joined in with the banter with a smile. 

Even helped intervene when a fight threatened to break out between 2 guys. He's oy the same height as me but a much bigger, stronger looking lad. 😀 

8 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

He was on the supporters train down to Wembley for the friendly we played a few years ago, when we lost 3-2.

Seemed a really nice guy and put up with and joined in with the banter with a smile. 

Even helped intervene when a fight threatened to break out between 2 guys. He's oy the same height as me but a much bigger, stronger looking lad. 😀 

He was the Scotland Goalie at half time.... that day.  The day raspberryheid won the car.   Douglas saved all 5 penalties from the English guy......

Best half time entertainment ever,.................  OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH Diego Maradonna........

28 minutes ago, stocky said:

He was the Scotland Goalie at half time.... that day.  The day raspberryheid won the car.   Douglas saved all 5 penalties from the English guy......

Best half time entertainment ever,.................  OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH Diego Maradonna........

That's right! I'd forgotten about that. 😀 

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

He's also the indirect victim of a great quiz question.

Name the first player to have scored direct free kicks against different goalkeepers in the same international game.

Pirlo when Italy beat us 2-0 in the San Siro?  Douglas had to go off and Craig Gordon came on?