Euro2020 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro2020

Chris frae Killie

Check this BBC news item.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42270759

It basically guarantees Scotland to be playing England at Euro 2020 IF we qualify.

Euro 2020 host city pairings

Each qualified host country will play a minimum of two games at home.

Group A: Rome & Baku

Group B: Saint Petersburg & Copenhagen

Group C: Amsterdam & Bucharest

Group D: London & Glasgow

Group E: Bilbao & Dublin

Group F: Munich & Budapest

As you can see, each host nation is guaranteed to play 2 home matches and London and Glasgow have been paired together in Group D which means if we both qualify then we will be in Group D together. I wonder where they would play the Scotland V England match!! Just need to qualify now......

Rome and Baku? Nice handy pairing there!

Surprised Cardiff's not been made the alternative to Brussels seeing as Wembley wasn't meant to host games til the latter stages.

Didn't realise we were bidding for the opening game too. Rome got it though.

Edited by Toepoke

3 minutes ago, captain said:

Incredible that after jealously watching thousands of fans having a beer in sunny city squares, we're going to qualify for a tournament then be rewarded with 2 games at Hampden and a train to Wembley. Cheers!

I'd bite your hand off for that tbh. I care about Scotland playing at a finals more than a holiday though.

11 hours ago, captain said:

Incredible that after jealously watching thousands of fans having a beer in sunny city squares, we're going to qualify for a tournament then be rewarded with 2 games at Hampden and a train to Wembley. Cheers!

Or we could fail to qualify and jealously watch thousands of Welsh fans having a beer in George Square instead of us...

On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:31 AM, captain said:

we got bilbao :P, hang on that means spain :o

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/12/2017 at 7:48 PM, Bino's said:

there is no evidence that we will actually qualify

I didn't think all the other British isles nations qualifying could be topped

but this could do it

Miserable,negative, bad time/irritating situation...spend 5 miles walking on a night out to a club that is shut when you get there craving type post. I hope your not as tragic in real life pal. 

Lets face it we’re way beyond the “we’ll never qualify” type comments & posts. Posting them is irrelevant and you’re hardly an effing genius for thinking it...

Its time for “let’s get to a tournament or completely disband”type post rather than your half arsed repetitive and completely mind numbingly boring “we won’t qualify” posts. Ps GIRFUY we will qualify....if not disband so at least we don’t have to put up with this Groundhog Day Ian Crocker & davie provan horror show sky commentary nonsense every few months. 

Would mean if Scotland & England both qualify, whoever gets the home game between the two will get to play all 3 games at home as if it was at Hampden, England's other two games would be at Wembley so we would be in the alternative fixtures those days at Hampden, with the 24 team format and possibility of 3 home games won't get a better chance to qualify and then even make the knockout stages

On 09/12/2017 at 7:48 PM, Bino's said:

there is no evidence that we will actually qualify

I didn't think all the other British isles nations qualifying could be topped

but this could do it

I was convinced we would qualify with the momentum we were on under WGS but very pesimistic now. I can't see anything but a very underwhelming mediocre manager being appointed. Very strange no one appointed yet. Are the SFA waiting for all our membership renewals to be paid up before making the announcement ? A high profile manager would boost membership.

Edited by Doric