Chris frae Killie

Euro2020

Check this BBC news item.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42270759

It basically guarantees Scotland to be playing England at Euro 2020 IF we qualify.

Euro 2020 host city pairings

Each qualified host country will play a minimum of two games at home.

Group A: Rome & Baku

Group B: Saint Petersburg & Copenhagen

Group C: Amsterdam & Bucharest

Group D: London & Glasgow

Group E: Bilbao & Dublin

Group F: Munich & Budapest

As you can see, each host nation is guaranteed to play 2 home matches and London and Glasgow have been paired together in Group D which means if we both qualify then we will be in Group D together. I wonder where they would play the Scotland V England match!! Just need to qualify now......

Rome and Baku? Nice handy pairing there!

Surprised Cardiff's not been made the alternative to Brussels seeing as Wembley wasn't meant to host games til the latter stages.

Didn't realise we were bidding for the opening game too. Rome got it though.

Edited by Toepoke

Incredible that after jealously watching thousands of fans having a beer in sunny city squares, we're going to qualify for a tournament then be rewarded with 2 games at Hampden and a train to Wembley. Cheers!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, captain said:

Incredible that after jealously watching thousands of fans having a beer in sunny city squares, we're going to qualify for a tournament then be rewarded with 2 games at Hampden and a train to Wembley. Cheers!

I'd bite your hand off for that tbh. I care about Scotland playing at a finals more than a holiday though.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I'd bite your hand off for that tbh. I care about Scotland playing at a finals more than a holiday though.

Totally mate. I'd be at a tournament on the moon if need be, it's been far too long.

11 hours ago, captain said:

Or we could fail to qualify and jealously watch thousands of Welsh fans having a beer in George Square instead of us...

• Sad 1

there is no evidence that we will actually qualify

I didn't think all the other British isles nations qualifying could be topped

but this could do it