SSC Renewals - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SSC Renewals

slasher

They might sell memberships for travelling fans obtaining tickets / points, but I think they will find it hard to sell a season ticket package based on the fixtures we know about in 2018 and the main EURO QUALIFIERS won't be known till 2nd December. There may be some "Mini Season Ticket" for this year, I also think they might dangle one point if you buy into a season ticket ?

3 minutes ago, Stockholm 1980 said:

They might sell memberships for travelling fans obtaining tickets / points, but I think they will find it hard to sell a season ticket package based on the fixtures we know about in 2018 and the main EURO QUALIFIERS won't be known till 2nd December. There may be some "Mini Season Ticket" for this year, I also think they might dangle one point if you buy into a season ticket ?

If they start dishing out points for home games then it makes a mockery of the situation. There's nothing wrong with the away points structure as it is

8 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

If they start dishing out points for home games then it makes a mockery of the situation. There's nothing wrong with the away points structure as it is

I agree with you, but who would buy a season ticket based on this years home fixtures. I wasn't meaning a point per home game, but a point for a season ticket purchase. Who knows what they will announce 

I have always thought home games should be worth a point. With away games worth 2 or 3 or more say.

That way ALL fans get some acknowledgement for their support and not just those who can afford to travel the globe.

Well good point too actually.  When my finances were better i once got to 10 pts. Now I'm much worse off and pts down to zero. I can still make home games but away is beyond my thin wallet. 

Do i renew membership? After 20 yrs plus maybe this time no. Hurts to say that.

6 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

The whole system is wrong, it wasn't meant to form an elite clique for the rich and the lonely when it was introduced.

You should get the same points for a home game as this will not effect the travelling support as they go to the home games too.

Sorry, that assertion is patently false.

Many of us based overseas don't go to home games. We choose away games over home games because of our location on the globe, cost and the limitations of available annual leave.

Edited by Barney Rubble

49 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Many of us based overseas don't go to home games. We choose away games over home games because of our location on the globe, cost and the limitations of available annual leave.

Agreed. I have attended probably 8 out of 10 away games over the years but very few home games.

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

I don't think we are talking about many here.  As things are away games are a closed shop to any one bar the very well off, the rest of us are treated like second class citizens.

Just now, ceudmilefailte said:

I don't think we are talking about many here.  As things are away games are a closed shop to any one bar the very well off, the rest of us are treated like second class citizens.

I'll agree that we don't know the exact numbers, but it's more than a few - more like 200-250 in my experience.

Away games are not closed shops - the rules are there for all to see.

Interested in your second class citizens comment - care to elaborate?

12 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Dont talk shite. Four of the last 10 games have been open to Zero pointers and a further two have been open to one pointers and I suspect two or three off the upcoming matches will be open to Zero pointers

i suspect your gripe is you are only interested in the big games where tickets where hard to come by ie Germany, Ireland and France  

Edited by DoonTheSlope

7 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

I'll agree that we don't know the exact numbers, but it's more than a few - more like 200-250 in my experience.

Away games are not closed shops - the rules are there for all to see.

Interested in your second class citizens comment - care to elaborate?

That amount is less than 1% of the current membership.