SSC Renewals - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SSC Renewals

slasher

21 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Based on the last email today, I sense there is going to be something very contentious in the next membership. 

But since they did a survey then we'll be to blame coz it's what we wanted. 

What are you thinking it might be?

The only thing I can think of is they might change the points system to 2 points for an away game and 1 for a home game. 

What good this would do I don’t know but there have been rumours about it on here and elsewhere. 

Can’t think what else they could change. 

12 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

No idea, however we are going to be in,  what is effectively, 2 qualifying competitions, 1 which I expect UEFA wants highly promoted since its new. 

So maybe a separate points system for Nations League games? Different prices?

Who knows! Maybe I'm just paranoid... 

18 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

The only thing I can think of is they might change the points system to 2 points for an away game and 1 for a home game. 

What good this would do I don’t know but there have been rumours about it on here and elsewhere. 

Can’t think what else they could change. 

I think this new points system will be a safeguard for SFA/SSC as if we do qualify for 2020 they wouldn't be able to guarantee all members a ticket even for our 2 'home' games at Hampden as I would imagine tickets would be split 50/50 & a massive amount set aside for sponsors etc.

I will be renewing, the way I look at it, you pay a few quid and are guaranteed tickets for home games and you have the chance of tickets for away games, thus avoiding the hassle of IF we get in a position where we may qualify then a ticket is there for us.

On 12/5/2017 at 8:29 AM, vanderark14 said:

undecided

I'm losing losing interest in professional football at a fast pace.

I'm the same, whilst Scotland (team, stadium and governing body) are a shambles overall I think I've passed peak football there's too much of it, the big countries/teams get preferential treatment, the coverage on TV is mind numbing, it's too expensive with too much of the money going to arsehole players and agents. In the past couple of years I've enjoyed junior football far more than the professional game.

2 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

I'm the same, whilst Scotland (team, stadium and governing body) are a shambles overall I think I've passed peak football there's too much of it, the big countries/teams get preferential treatment, the coverage on TV is mind numbing, it's too expensive with too much of the money going to arsehole players and agents. In the past couple of years I've enjoyed junior football far more than the professional game.

Before I moved I was exactly the same, I had a Season ticket for pittodrie but hardly went. I went to more Fraserburgh matches and thoroughly enjoyed it. I've been invited to matches by some Maidenhead fans. I'll be taking up there offer after new year. 

The CL is as close to a fixed competition as you will find and it has smothered competition in leagues like ours. 

Football is no longer a sport, its an entertainment package

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Before I moved I was exactly the same, I had a Season ticket for pittodrie but hardly went. I went to more Fraserburgh matches and thoroughly enjoyed it. I've been invited to matches by some Maidenhead fans. I'll be taking up there offer after new year. 

The CL is as close to a fixed competition as you will find and it has smothered competition in leagues like ours. 

Football is no longer a sport, its an entertainment package

You're right, it's relatively cheap TV that has constant advertising even on the BBC.

21 hours ago, Brummie Hibs said:

No idea, however we are going to be in,  what is effectively, 2 qualifying competitions, 1 which I expect UEFA wants highly promoted since its new. 

So maybe a separate points system for Nations League games? Different prices?

Who knows! Maybe I'm just paranoid... 

There are definitely changes happening and knowing the SFA they are not necessarily going to benefit the fans.

21 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

I think this new points system will be a safeguard for SFA/SSC as if we do qualify for 2020 they wouldn't be able to guarantee all members a ticket even for our 2 'home' games at Hampden as I would imagine tickets would be split 50/50 & a massive amount set aside for sponsors etc.

I haven’t looked into it but I’m pretty sure members are guaranteed one home ticket for qualifiers and friendlies only, not all home games (although they are usually one and the same).

To be fair, changing the points system to include home games is a good idea for this campaign. I would hate to go to every home qualifier and Nations League match and miss out on a ticket for the games at Hampden should we qualify. 

Edited by Texas Pete

2 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

There are definitely changes happening and knowing the SFA they are not necessarily going to benefit the fans.

I haven’t looked into it but I’m pretty sure members are guaranteed one home ticket for qualifiers and friendlies only, not all home games (although they are usually one and the same).

To be fair, changing the points system to include home games is a good idea for this campaign. I would hate to go to every home qualifier and Nations League match and miss out on a ticket for the games at Hampden should we qualify. 

Thing is if you go to all the away games you'll be well above someone that only goes to home games.

The 2 'home games' in 2020 will not have the same ticket allocation as a home qualifier. 

36 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

Thing is if you go to all the away games you'll be well above someone that only goes to home games.

The 2 'home games' in 2020 will not have the same ticket allocation as a home qualifier. 

The Euro 2020 finals games at Hampden are not away games either though so supporters club away points would not count for them which is why I think they’ll revamp the points system.

Only a small number of people go to most away games. Lots go to all home games. 

I will more than likely go to every home Nations League game and every home qualifier but I’ll probably only go to 2-3 away games. 

The people that will be most affected will be guys who maybe live abroad and don’t go to home games but only go to 1-2 away games a year. 

Home points would be a pain in the arse for me personally because home friendlies on a Thursday night in Aberdeen are not something I'm willing to waste my holidays on. 

However, I do think they are a good idea. It rewards fans the same way away points do. 

I thought the new points system added home & away points together ?

So if that's the case I over the last 10 years or so have been to about 9 out 10 away games & picked what home games I wanted to go to. Under the new system I would still have a greater chance of "home 2020 tickets" than someone who only goes to home games. 

23 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

I thought the new points system added home & away points together ?

So if that's the case I over the last 10 years or so have been to about 9 out 10 away games & picked what home games I wanted to go to. Under the new system I would still have a greater chance of "home 2020 tickets" than someone who only goes to home games. 

If it’s 2 points for an away game and 1 point for a home game, yes. I don’t think that’s been confirmed yet though has it? 

It could be the same points for home and away games but only away points count for getting away tickets. 

Or it could be something daft like 2 points for a home game and 3 for an away game? Who knows? 

15 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

The Euro 2020 finals games at Hampden are not away games either though so supporters club away points would not count for them which is why I think they’ll revamp the points system 

Nonsense. It will be treated as neutral venue. It's no different to any other tournament over the last X number of years. The fact it is at Hampden is neither here nor there

If we'd qualified for France and Russia then the points system would have came into play

On 30/11/2017 at 8:59 PM, Toepoke said:

Similar here, purely because if we do make it to Euro 2020 the games will be at Hampden and an almighty scramble will ensue...

I was considering re-joining for that reason.

Possibly get to an away game in 2019 too?

22 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Nonsense. It will be treated as neutral venue. It's no different to any other tournament over the last X number of years. The fact it is at Hampden is neither here nor there

If we'd qualified for France and Russia then the points system would have came into play

They could work it that way but I don’t think it’s as certain as you think. This isn’t France or Russia. If we qualify we will have two games at Hampden and depending on the opposition we may end up with way more than 50% of the tickets. 

Would Hampden be classed as a neutral venue? We would be a host nation and I think a lot of people would class it as a home game, for SSC purposes at least.

According to the SSC terms and conditions an away match is ‘any match played outwith Scotland’. 

Someone that goes to every home match for the next 2 years but no away games would be pretty pissed off of they missed out on a Euro 2020 ticket for a match at Hampden because someone who has one point for going to one away game in the last 10 but no home games gets one. 

That’s why I think they’ll change the terms and conditions and award points for home games.

23 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

I agree the T&C's will change this time.

i thought the new points idea was to add home & away together & have max of 20.

Remember most folk will get 3 points for just renewing.

Has the new points system been announced yet? What am I missing?

I'm not renewing. After years of enduring terrible qualifying matches, attendance at which is only justifiable due to the outside chance of the team qualifying for a tournament and thus being able to have enough away points for tickets, I now don't even want to go to the tournaments if we are lucky enough to qualify again. The 24-team Euros have ruined that competition and the World Cup being awarded to Qatar and possibly becoming a 48-team tournament have ruined it as well.

That last survey was odd, saying things like honestly and asking if we would re-join over and over.

Will be renewing as I feel I have to if I want easy access to tickets. I do feel that change is in the air, maybe different levels of membership, gold silver etc ?

We'll find out the day before renewals start anyway !

Well I've kept renewing over and over again. I reached 10 pts for a while too but cannot afford to travel like i used to. I have often asked for points for home games so if that is brought in, good. But the renewal cost needs to be much lower, i think £10 per season would be much more reasonable and at that level i would definitely renew. Otherwise this might be the end for me after a very long time.