SSC Renewals - Page 31 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SSC Renewals

slasher

3 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

To add to the farce, I've just received a second SSC membership card to accompany the one I received a month ago.:blink:

:hammer:

Maybe you will get double discount? So that stuff will now only be about 900% overpriced.

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

Still waiting on my membership card. Surely it shouldn't take this long to sort it out?

Their problem is that they don't know who has and who hasn't received a card.

If you haven't contacted them (and I don't know if you have or not) they will assume that you're sorted.

16 hours ago, Flure said:

Their problem is that they don't know who has and who hasn't received a card.

If you haven't contacted them (and I don't know if you have or not) they will assume that you're sorted.

I have reached out to them twice, once pre Hungary as I wasn't sure if we needed the new card to collect the tickets and once a few weeks ago asking if the old card would work for JS discount should I want to buy the new strip so they are aware that I haven't got my card yet.

If it is as simple as not knowing who hasn't got their card yet then they should email people and ask. It would probably be a lot simpler than just trying to guess.

1 minute ago, theweestevie said:

I have reached out to them twice, once pre Hungary as I wasn't sure if we needed the new card to collect the tickets and once a few weeks ago asking if the old card would work for JS discount should I want to buy the new strip so they are aware that I haven't got my card yet.

If it is as simple as not knowing who hasn't got their card yet then they should email people and ask. It would probably be a lot simpler than just trying to guess.

Very sensible suggestion.

Not received family’s or my own cards yet. Have raised this with the SFA a few weeks ago but still no cards. Also they had somehow got all the pictures mixed up plus one of the of friends card was showing as part of my order despite them ordering their’s separately. Seems like it’s a complete shambles.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I got my card today. There’s a a couple of white streaky lines going right across it including the photo, it goes right across my face

Never send a boy to do a mans job

Aye the wee man’s arrived today and that’s the same - white line through his foreheid. 

I haven’t received my card yet either. I’m not really bothered to be honest as I have never needed my card for anything. 

I assume you don’t need your card if you are selected to pick up tickets for away games these days if you have photo ID?

On 6/5/2018 at 2:29 PM, DoonTheSlope said:

The SSC in flogging off cheap shite at top dollar shock!

To be fair the £40 you pay for your membership isn’t for a cheap bit of plastic. I don’t even see the point in membership cards to be honest. 

I know you can use it to get a discount on Scotland gear but you shouldn’t need a card for that these days. 

7 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

I haven’t received my card yet either. I’m not really bothered to be honest as I have never needed my card for anything. 

I assume you don’t need your card if you are selected to pick up tickets for away games these days if you have photo ID?

It was the SSC card they requested in Peru.