SSC Renewals - Page 23 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SSC Renewals

slasher

Surely I should be awarded more home points per game than someone who lives in Glasgow 

Depending on where I'm seated, If I'm halfway down in the North Stand and stay till full time then I'm queuing at Mt Florida for the best part of an hour probably longer and catch the last train back to Edinburgh where I miss the last corporation bus up the road. I then have to shell out extra expense for a robbing cunt taxi driver or I'd have to walk another 45 minutes. I've been on the go for 20+ hours. I don't get in the house till almost 1 then I'm up again at 4 for work

Where is my commitment being rewarded?

Bring on the bulldozers and bring on Murrayfield 

Edited by DoonTheSlope

7 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Surely I should be awarded more home points per game than someone who lives in Glasgow 

Depending on where I'm seated, If I'm halfway down in the North Stand and stay till full time then I'm queuing at Mt Florida for the best part of an hour probably longer and catch the last train back to Edinburgh where I miss the last corporation bus up the road. I then have to shell out extra expense for a robbing cunt taxi driver or I have to walk. I've been on the go for 20+ hours. I don't get in the house till almost 1 then I'm up again at 4 for work

Aye, you might have a point there.

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

I think that amount of money people spend travelling to games is irrelevant to the SFA. The SFA don't see any of that money., They Are trying to reward people who buy tickets for home games and they hope that in doing so it will boost home ticket sales and possibly SSC memberships. 

Correct 

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Seems like a fair system with some losing our and some gaining, I think will encourage people to go to more home games

big losers are the furthest away supporters, would be fairer if any one who needs to cross a sea got two points 

I’ve got a feeling your going to be gaining

1 hour ago, jcs said:

I’ve got a feeling your going to be gaining

There should be a TAMB poll:

1. I will gain from new points system because I never/rarely go to away games, but do go to most home competitive games
2. I will gain from new points system because I never/rarely go to away games, but do go to most home competitive and friendly games
3. I will lose from new points system because I only go to away games
4. I will lose from new points system because I go mostly to away games, but do occasionally go to some home competitive games
5. I will lose from new points system because I go mostly to away games, but do occasionally go to some home competitive and friendly games
6. I will be unaffected because I go to most home and away games anyway, and therefore will always have maximum points
7. I will be unaffected because I am not a SSC member

5 hours ago, Brassrubber said:

There should be extra points available for people who dress like the cast of brigadoon or for wearing a pipers jacket when you cant play the pipes  

I preferred your suggestion of points for women. Infact I am going back  to give you a ‘like’ for that post. 

If I wear a pipers jacket could I get 2 points? Or 3 points if i promise to gtf  off this board  ? 😬

3 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Seems like a fair system with some losing our and some gaining, I think will encourage people to go to more home games

big losers are the furthest away supporters, would be fairer if any one who needs to cross a sea got two points 

What about a river ?

2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Depending on where I'm seated, If I'm halfway down in the North Stand and stay till full time then I'm queuing at Mt Florida for the best part of an hour probably longer and catch the last train back to Edinburgh where I miss the last corporation bus up the road. I then have to shell out extra expense for a robbing cunt taxi driver or I'd have to walk another 45 minutes. I've been on the go for 20+ hours. I don't get in the house till almost 1 then I'm up again at 4 for work

Bring on the bulldozers and bring on Murrayfield 

Thats just the way the jobby  splatters. A harsh reality my friend .   

I live outside Glasgow so every game is an away game. As a result I choose to go away on holiday abroad.  

This is not a valid excuse or argument. You choose to spend your £ on hokidays abroad with 90 mins of football squeezed in the middle.

1 minute ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Now do you realise how ludicrous it sounds when people claim they should be awarded points for going to home games?

I dont think I suggested home points , infact I am sure I didn't ( though I have known to be wrong🙂)   , I just suggested keeping the system  as it was,  but with  a 10 % ballot.

The home points help me, the ballot would not have. If you really care about Scotland you will move house 😁 

19 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I may renew and sign up the bairn now for the sake of both of us being members for my old price. 

Maybe. 

I see what you mean , £2 . 50 a year for under 16s. Glad to see they are trying to encourage kids back not  price them out .

We need to get the kids back supporting Scotland . It's pretty worrying when at away games 80% of the support look over 40 years old , and it's not much better at home games .

11 minutes ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

It's pretty worrying when at away games 80% of the support look over 40 years old , and it's not much better at home games .

However, when you look at the promotional photos used on the new SSC website, the majority are nowhere to be seen.

- Kids - TICK
- Young couples - TICK
- Twenty-something guys - TICK
- Women - TICK
- 40+ males - FAIL
- Ethic diversity - UNDETERMINED
- LGBTQ - UNDETERMINED

Edited by Brummie Hibs

10 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

However, when you look at the promotional photos used on the new SSC website, the majority are nowhere to be seen.

- Kids - TICK
- Young couples - TICK
- Women - TICK
- 40+ males - FAIL
- LGBTQ - UNDETERMINED

What's the q in lbtgq

1 hour ago, Brummie Hibs said:

- Kids - TICK
- Young couples - TICK
- Women - TICK
- 40+ males - FAIL
- LGBTQ - UNDETERMINED

I’m a sucker for lesbians, if that counts??