SSC Renewals - Page 22 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SSC Renewals

slasher

11 hours ago, Brummie Hibs said:

"We held several focus group sessions across the country and all asked of our members for their thoughts on the current set-up. We spoke to 4000 members and non-members  and found out what you would like to see done differently, and how we can make the SSC the club that loyal Scotland supporters deserve.

We’ve listened to all the feedback and have made some changes"

Anything that is so overstated is so obviously bulls**t. I remember the survey they did, and it was obvious this was what they were planning all along, but wrapping it up in a pseudo 'We asked you and this is what you wanted'.

Show us the results of the survey and the groups feedback. 

You really want to (and have the time to) read all the results of the survey and the groups’ feedback?

52 minutes ago, Willie Miller's tache said:

You really want to (and have the time to) read all the results of the survey and the groups’ feedback?

Yeah, and I think a lot of others would too. It was mostly MCQ's with some free comments sections, so results would be collated into a report - show us the report.

I can’t see the harvesting of home points being a big problem.

It costs you £40 to join the SSC and say £30 a match.

if you’ve got the cash to waste paying that for several games you’re not going to, in an attempt to increase your chances of a hypothetical away ticket, you’d probably be cheaper buying some sort of hospitality package at said away game.

Think this gives the “I cant get a ticket for the Big away games and it’s not fair” crowd what they wanted, without greatly increasing their chances of a ticket, and will help allocate 2020 tickets should we qualify to those further down the ladder who go to Hampden, rather than having 15,000 zero pointers looking for 8000 tickets.

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

I've never deliberately done it for away games, but now considering it for home games.

I live down south, so every game is an 'away' game, however I happen to go to more away games than home games.

I would consider a season ticket if it covered all home games (friendlies and competitive), if that meant I then got a point for each game in the ticket 'book'. It is not clear how season tickets and points will work. Also I would want the ability to change seats to sit with friends, who I know won't get season tickets. Can you normally do that with a current season ticket?

16 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

I've never deliberately done it for away games, but now considering it for home games.

I live down south, so every game is an 'away' game, however I happen to go to more away games than home games.

I would consider a season ticket if it covered all home games (friendlies and competitive), if that meant I then got a point for each game in the ticket 'book'. It is not clear how season tickets and points will work. Also I would want the ability to change seats to sit with friends, who I know won't get season tickets. Can you normally do that with a current season ticket?

You get the same seat at all the games when I’ve had the season ticket. So not ideal if you’re mates aren’t buying them.

The new system won’t suit your circumstances, but the old system was pretty favourable to your circumstances.

(the week of football probably doesn’t help you either.)

49 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

It costs you £40 to join the SSC and say £30 a match.

if you’ve got the cash to waste paying that for several games you’re not going to, in an attempt to increase your chances of a hypothetical away ticket, you’d probably be cheaper buying some sort of hospitality package at said away game.

Think this gives the “I cant get a ticket for the Big away games and it’s not fair” crowd what they wanted, without greatly increasing their chances of a ticket, and will help allocate 2020 tickets should we qualify to those further down the ladder who go to Hampden, rather than having 15,000 zero pointers looking for 8000 tickets.

I think it might reduce harvesting a wee  bit. The new system now means that if somebody harvests a home game they only get about 3% of the total points for about £20-£30. Harvesting an away game used to get them 10% of the total number of points, for sometimes less than a tenner. They will now only get about 6% of the total points for that.

It will still happen though. Some folk have got money to burn.

23 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

The ones who screamed and shouted for home points will probably now have less chance than ever to attend some home games if they are being held around the country. That's what they wanted though :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Maybe if they move the games to Station Park or Gayfield.;)

Do you think we will sell out Easter Road for the Costa Rica game?

8 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

So are home games played away from Glasgow going to be offered to those on higher points first or will it be the usual fcfs?

Could see there being a few regulars missing out if we played Albania or Israel at Easter road. 

Have we had any qualifiers where the crowd would have fit in Easter road?

Even the worst of them, I thought attracted 25000.

Would seem mental to play a game that would get 25000 at a 20,000 seater.

Would a half full Ibrox or parkhead be better than a half full Hampden? I’d guess so, if you just shut the top deck at either, you’d still have a decent atmosphere without locking people out.

Just now, Brassrubber said:

There should be extra points available for people who dress like the cast of brigadoon or for wearing a pipers jacket when you cant play the pipes  

Only if there is to be a points deduction for wearing trainers with a kilt

39 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Maybe if they move the games to Station Park or Gayfield.;)

Do you think we will sell out Easter Road for the Costa Rica game?

Not for a friendly but there's a case that they will play Albania and Israel away from Hampden

38 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

So are home games played away from Glasgow going to be offered to those on higher points first or will it be the usual fcfs?

Could see there being a few regulars missing out if we played Albania or Israel at Easter road. 

You have to use the points system. Surely that's the point of implementing points for home games 

28 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Not for a friendly but there's a case that they will play Albania and Israel away from Hampden

You have to use the points system. Surely that's the point of implementing points for home games 

I don't think that even the SFA would be daft enough to play qualifiers away from Hampden, would they?:unsure: One of the reasons they are doing this is to try to sell more home tickets.

Aye, they are now called "loyalty" points are will be used for away games and home games. I honestly don't think they will ever be needed for home games. But if they are, then it is still a decent way to decide who gets the tickets and it will also mean that team is having some success. Win, win.

Having read the email I think it is an unfair system if you stay in the central belt good enough but a lot of guys travel from Aberdeen n beyond I’m half an our in the car from Clydebank how can that be just never thought I’d ever stick up for the tuchters but if I was travelling that distance n paying a fortune to do so plus time of work  I’d be ragin at the SFA we’re in a state and they have there head up their arse trying to cojole us into going to matches 

8 minutes ago, jcs said:

Having read the email I think it is an unfair system if you stay in the central belt good enough but a lot of guys travel from Aberdeen n beyond I’m half an our in the car from Clydebank how can that be just never thought I’d ever stick up for the tuchters but if I was travelling that distance n paying a fortune to do so plus time of work  I’d be ragin at the SFA we’re in a state and they have there head up their arse trying to cojole us into going to matches 

That’s a fair point.

The furthest I’ve been for a Scotland home match is Govan which is about 19 miles, but I don’t remember a competitive game outside glasgow?

You’re never going to get a system that keeps everyone happy and you could say that someone that lived in Amsterdam or London would’ve benefited from the old system the same way folk from Glasgow do with this one.

The old system wasn’t terrible, and the new one seems to be fair enough too.

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Have we had any qualifiers where the crowd would have fit in Easter road?

Even the worst of them, I thought attracted 25000.

Would seem mental to play a game that would get 25000 at a 20,000 seater.

Would a half full Ibrox or parkhead be better than a half full Hampden? I’d guess so, if you just shut the top deck at either, you’d still have a decent atmosphere without locking people out.

I said the same thing, CP or Ibrox with the upper tier closed.

I do think it will still be Hampden though, especially if they're offering a double ticket for the two games.

20 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I don’t remember a competitive game outside glasgow?

1997 - Belarus (Aberdeen), Estonia (Kilmarnock)

1998 - Faroes (Aberdeen) & Estonia (Edinburgh)

During the rebuild of Hampden.

EDIT:: Also 1993 Estonia & Switzerland in Aberdeen

Edited by Brummie Hibs

14 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

1997 - Belarus (Aberdeen), Estonia (Kilmarnock)

1998 - Faroes (Aberdeen) & Estonia (Edinburgh)

During the rebuild of Hampden.

EDIT:: Also 1993 Estonia & Switzerland in Aberdeen

Fair enough.

So we used to qualify when we played outside glasgow...

:lol:

Was early 2000s I started going to games regularly, just went to the odd one with my dad up to then so hadn’t remembered them.

If they are going to start awarding points for homes there should be a bigger differential between homes and aways. The average costs of an away, on mainland Europe, will be between £200-400 depending on your ability to get cheap flights and stay in shitholes. The average cost for two home games for a central belter, including say £10 for a bus/train, would be approx £70. If you are rewarding "loyalty" ie those who spend the most on following the team then it should be correlated in some way to the cost involved in attending these games. I would have said 3 points away to 1 home a fairer reflection.

I also think if they are rewarding loyalty, as they keep on saying they are, then current away points tallies should be doubled at the start of this process. Loyalty didn't start in 2018.

9 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

If they are going to start awarding points for homes there should be a bigger differential between homes and aways. The average costs of an away, on mainland Europe, will be between £200-400 depending on your ability to get cheap flights and stay in shitholes. The average cost for two home games for a central belter, including say £10 for a bus/train, would be approx £70. If you are rewarding "loyalty" ie those who spend the most on following the team then it should be correlated in some way to the cost involved in attending these games. I would have said 3 points away to 1 home a fairer reflection.

I also think if they are rewarding loyalty, as they keep on saying they are, then current away points tallies should be doubled at the start of this process. Loyalty didn't start in 2018.

I think that amount of money people spend travelling to games is irrelevant to the SFA. The SFA don't see any of that money., They Are trying to reward people who buy tickets for home games and they hope that in doing so it will boost home ticket sales and possibly SSC memberships. 

3 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

The ones who screamed and shouted for home points will probably now have less chance than ever to attend some home games if they are being held around the country. That's what they wanted though :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Seems like a fair system with some losing our and some gaining, I think will encourage people to go to more home games

big losers are the furthest away supporters, would be fairer if any one who needs to cross a sea got two points