SSC Renewals - Page 20 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SSC Renewals

slasher

7 minutes ago, exile said:

OK so why do points expire with time? Why should points not be retainable until you need to use them for an away trip? As I was saying earlier, what's wrong with someone building up an allocation over say half a dozen years or ten years, rather than 2 years?

It is to reward recent attendance. 

One step at a time, young man, one step at a time. I would like to see it extended to 20 home and 20 away games so that folk's points don't drop off before they get a chance to use them. But if you go back too far, it starts to really disadvantage younger and newer members. And you can't afford to piss them off too much. They are the fans of the future.

44 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I wouldn't think so. Let's face it, they don't really check up on away games either. They tried to do it a wee while back, but have pretty much given up on that now.

Of course they do. There are still regular pick ups for away games especially for some overseas members. If they don’t do infrequent pick ups for home games I think you’ll soon see harvesters especially overseas members who can’t get to home games

36 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

It is to reward recent attendance. 

One step at a time, young man, one step at a time. I would like to see it extended to 20 home and 20 away games so that folk's points don't drop off before they get a chance to use them. But if you go back too far, it starts to really disadvantage younger and newer members. And you can't afford to piss them off too much. They are the fans of the future.

I see your point but it's probably not that many people for that many games, but it could make some people feel happier! ;)

15 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Of course they do. There are still regular pick ups for away games especially for some overseas members. If they don’t do infrequent pick ups for home games I think you’ll soon see harvesters especially overseas members who can’t get to home games

Don't overseas members have to pick up regardless?

41 minutes ago, exile said:

Thanks, though I am not sure I follow the bit about the cap. Maybe oversubscribed was the wrong word. I was getting at how many homes games was the stadium at capacity, turning people away? Those are the games I was getting at. Maybe not enough to be a practical problem, but it seems people still have an opinion on it!

OK so why do points expire with time? Why should points not be retainable until you need to use them for an away trip? As I was saying earlier, what's wrong with someone building up an allocation over say half a dozen years or ten years, rather than 2 years?

I'll try and find a better source of info, but according to Wikipedia; only Netherlands, Spain and Germany attracted crowds of 50'000 or more to Hampden in the past ten years  (plus the Irish match at Parkhead, which is listed as 59'000 and by way of tickets, we may have offered the Irish FA whatever they wanted for that one).

To be honest, I thought Belgium and Poland were sell outs and surely England last year was (?)

Re. the 10 matches before your points drop off.

I don't know the answer. 10 is as good a number as any I suppose.

10 away matches is approximately 2+ years and the SSC membership works in cycles of 2 years probably  because the Euros or World Cup qualifying campaigns are every 2 years.

That would seem logical enough.

If we took it back, say 10 years, we could have someone on good points from back then who then dropped football for the best part of decade, now claiming a ticket for Hungary this March.

1 hour ago, Bristolhibby said:

Anyone notice this?

Members still get priority access to home tickets but are no longer absolutely guaranteed a home ticket.”

Setting it up for Euro 2020 I think. If we qualify it will be 2 home games at Hampden but we won't have 90-95% of the stadium as we normally would. 

Just a thought on the subject of points harvesting for home matches...

Perhaps the SSC and Hampden are about to go electronic?

If you had chipped membership cards instead of match tickets, the SSC wouldn't need to post out thousands of tickets; we wouldn't need to pay for that postage and a system of electronic turnstiles might provide the SSC with info such as, only X number of people accessed the stadium and these membership numbers didn't.

1 hour ago, Bristolhibby said:

As a fan who lives down South and joined the STC back in 2003, I am disadvantaged with this for my away games. 

I can see why they have done it. I presume thwre is no checking on buying home tickets.

Aye, same for me. The "week of football" hasn't helped with home games very rarely played on a Saturday. 

6 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

Just a thought on the subject of points harvesting for home matches...

Perhaps the SSC and Hampden are about to go electronic?

If you had chipped membership cards instead of match tickets, the SSC wouldn't need to post out thousands of tickets; we wouldn't need to pay for that postage and a system of electronic turnstiles might provide the SSC with info such as, only X number of people accessed the stadium and these membership numbers didn't.

Potentially although would be a surprising investment on a stadium they haven’t guaranteed continued use of. Could be a requirement for the Euros I suppose to have electronic entry systems. Can’t see them doing it just for the purposes of policing home points. What’s to stop you giving your chipped card to someone else?

41 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Don't overseas members have to pick up regardless?

I don’t but maybe Guernsey isn’t considered overseas although it is of course. Any way as far as I am aware there are still regular pick ups as some of our group have had pick ups in last couple of years

"We held several focus group sessions across the country and all asked of our members for their thoughts on the current set-up. We spoke to 4000 members and non-members  and found out what you would like to see done differently, and how we can make the SSC the club that loyal Scotland supporters deserve.

We’ve listened to all the feedback and have made some changes"

Anything that is so overstated is so obviously bulls**t. I remember the survey they did, and it was obvious this was what they were planning all along, but wrapping it up in a pseudo 'We asked you and this is what you wanted'.

Show us the results of the survey and the groups feedback. 

52 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

I'll try and find a better source of info, but according to Wikipedia; only Netherlands, Spain and Germany attracted crowds of 50'000 or more to Hampden in the past ten years  (plus the Irish match at Parkhead, which is listed as 59'000 and by way of tickets, we may have offered the Irish FA whatever they wanted for that one).

To be honest, I thought Belgium and Poland were sell outs and surely England last year was (?)

Re. the 10 matches before your points drop off.

I don't know the answer. 10 is as good a number as any I suppose.

10 away matches is approximately 2+ years and the SSC membership works in cycles of 2 years probably  because the Euros or World Cup qualifying campaigns are every 2 years.

That would seem logical enough.

If we took it back, say 10 years, we could have someone on good points from back then who then dropped football for the best part of decade, now claiming a ticket for Hungary this March.

Thanks. When you put it like that, I can see your point. Still, if people are definitely struggling with the current expiry maybe it could be extended a bit more than 2 years but less than 10....