SSC Renewals - Page 18 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SSC Renewals

slasher

8 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

It's sometimes easier to get tickets for the "glamour" games than the smaller games. I don't think we will get many tickets for Albania, for example. I can understand why folk don't want to go to friendlies. I have even stopped going to home friendlies because they are almost  always pish.

I would consider starting going to them again if I got a point though.;)

We've been unlucky in recent years as the majority of our competitive games have been played in smaller stadia. Italy away in May 2016 didn't attract too many people, yet m complained at not getting tickets throughout 2018 qualification.

Still, I'm sure when the Euro 2020 draw is made people will be looking to see when we play the Pot1 team away from home.

22 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

One thing is certain; there should be a points system because if it was a free-for-all it would be an utter shambles - logistically.

Remember; the fans have booked their flights long before stadium's and allocation's have been confirmed.

If you have 3 points, you can at least look at who we are to play and consider how popular such a match will be and where they are likely to play the match; you can make an educated guess as to whether you will get a ticket and therefore you can decide whether to risk booking that flight.

I've looked at matches in the past and thought, 'Don't fancy my chances of getting a ticket for that' and therefore, I didn't book the flight.

A free-for-all would just tip everyone out of the boat.

Agreed.

I always have a look at fixtures and try and work out how many I can manage and which ones I have a realistic chance of tickets.

Really wanted to go to Dublin but knew there was a chance I'd just miss out so went to Georgia instead.

Wasn't sure what the Slovakia ticket situation would be so went to Czech Republic friendly earlier in the year.

On occasions I wait till late on to see if I have a chance of tickets before booking things. Can mean the price increases for flight but you can still find reasonable prices usually if you put a bit of effort in. Hotels you can book well in advance and then cancel if you decide you are not going.

This year I won't manage Albania or Israel so I'll do the Hungary game.

OK there are a few games which you can misjudge. France friendly comes to mind.

16 hours ago, euan2020 said:

that's totally incorrect

Basis of the 98 world cup were issued based on how many games you had been to - this was reviewed retrospectively rather than guys knowing beforehand

Top of my head it was >4 games got tickets for all 3 matches < 3 you only got 1 ticket

If you had been to the Estonia "game that never was - then you got tickets for all 3 as well"

Nothing to do with age of membership

Actually - I joined in 96, and got tickets for all 3 games in England

Aye , think you're right Euan. Seem to remember a form to tick the boxes fo the games you wanted to go to.

The Brazil game was over subscribed so Marjory gave priority to those who had been members of the STC longest. Six of us got tickets with memberships under 12000 , I think , eight had to watch it in the fan zone or the pub because they had joined more recently .

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

We are are getting closer to being in agreement. You'd settle for one point for every 5 home games. I'm effectively suggesting one point for 2 home games, which is the same as 2 points for an away game and 1 point for a home game. A maximum possible of 30 points.

An added advantage being that by having 30 points brackets instead of just 10 we reduce the number of people on each point of the scale of the points system, so that less folk are involved each time there is a ballot/race on the computer, for the last few tickets. 

Very sensible idea , so the SFA will never adopt it !

21 minutes ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Aye , think you're right Euan. Seem to remember a form to tick the boxes fo the games you wanted to go to.

The Brazil game was over subscribed so Marjory gave priority to those who had been members of the STC longest. Six of us got tickets with memberships under 12000 , I think , eight had to watch it in the fan zone or the pub because they had joined more recently .

I think the tick boxing was also the pricing - GBP 25 through to GBP 135 or something for the Brazil game  - guys were accepting more expensive tickets to increase chance of ticket

Actually we even had the Vouchers for the 2nd Round, & actually went to Marseille & camped out there   

I think i am correct saying this - but anyone who had been to at least 1 away game - was able to get a Brazil ticket, then likely came the ageing on STC Membership - I remember at time thinking i was covered both ways - Had been to Estonia + had been to 4 aways games including Monaco (might even have been only 3 games)

Edited by euan2020

11 hours ago, Dunty said:

I think they should keep it as it is, but maybe make one small change, and that being if you buy the season ticket you get one point, putting you on the ladder.

I think that's fair enough - the price of a season ticket is roughly the same as many of the away trips, and like you say on the issue of harvesting- very few would harvest on a season ticket. 

It'll be two season tickets this time. Two points?

f58f8bc5-7c84-4b42-a4db-e6aeed2ecc70.jpg

Scotland Supporters Club Renewals

Scotland Supporters Club renewals will open on Thursday, 8 February, with some new features for 2018-19 membership from 12 noon.

Over the course of the last year, we have been asking members to tell us what they think about the SSC.

We held several focus group sessions across the country and all asked of our members for their thoughts on the current set-up. We spoke to 4000 members and non-members  and found out what you would like to see done differently, and how we can make the SSC the club that loyal Scotland supporters deserve.

We’ve listened to all the feedback and have made some changes – changes that we believe will ensure that the fans’ needs are the focal point, giving our members value for money and the best possible match day experience we can provide.

165e3e9f-e6eb-4d8f-92b4-3177a48d24d3.jpg
To take full advantage of the new loyalty points system, members must renew their membership before 31 March 2018.

Get more information on the new loyalty points system here.

Renewing members will need to upload a new photo, so please have one ready, if you intend to renew.

Renewing members will also be prompted to change their password, upon renewal.

Thank you for your continued support.

Available from 12 noon on Thursday

Scotland National Team Facebook
Scotland Supporters Club Twitter
Scotland National Team YouTube
Buy Tickets
Copyright © Scottish FA 2018

unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences 

3 minutes ago, tattiescone69 said:

Exactly , that's what this exercise is about , higher home ticket prices 

Looks like they are cutting ticket prices by a fiver , doubt if they will be able to charge much more than £20 for the matches against Albania and Israel.

The changes are pretty much what was flagged up in the survey but pretty surprised nonetheless  that they have listened to the wishes of the supporters.