SSC Renewals - Page 17 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SSC Renewals

slasher

3 hours ago, Dunty said:

I think they should keep it as it is, but maybe make one small change, and that being if you buy the season ticket you get one point, putting you on the ladder.

I think that's fair enough - the price of a season ticket is roughly the same as many of the away trips, and like you say on the issue of harvesting- very few would harvest on a season ticket. 

That’s not a bad idea, I’ve never bought the season ticket, but it does reward loyalty 

14 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

I like the idea of a point for home games and 2 for away games. I don't think it would chance where you are on the table dramatically but I think it would create a slightly fairer system.

The big weakness would be folk 'harvesting' home points and the admin around it. 

The admin would be easy. They already hold all that information.

Points harvesting is an issue already. They do next to nothing to police the harvesting of away points, so I wouldn't expect it to be any different for home points. But that shouldn't be too much of a problem for the SFA. Their job is to sell tickets for home matches. Does it really matter to them whether those folk go to the games or not? 

I maintain there is absolutely nothing wrong with the points system (and I say that as someone who will be dropping points because I cannot attend Hungary, Peru or Mexico).

If there were to be any change, Dunty has absolutely nailed it; the best suggestion by anyone by an absolute mile.

10 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

I maintain there is absolutely nothing wrong with the points system (and I say that as someone who will be dropping points because I cannot attend Hungary, Peru or Mexico).

If there were to be any change, Dunty has absolutely nailed it; the best suggestion by anyone by an absolute mile.

Do you go to most of the home games, Rich?

2 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Do you go to most of the home games, Rich?

I'd estimate I've been to about 60-70 home matches and I've also enjoyed the season ticket package 2 or 3 times.

I wont go into detail (it's not my place to) but prior to the last campaign; my wee group of pals fell out with the SFA/SSC and were refusing to attend home matches and that left me in a difficult situation i.e. I was as keen as ever to attend, but I was now the Billy No Mates Tartan Army.

My own attendance reduced in that last campaign because I had no one to go with, then I decided, this is no bloody good; if I have to go on my own, so be it.

So, looking to the autumn, I'm hoping the SSC will be offering season ticket (or multi match package) for the Nations League and I'll be taking them up on it for certain.   

3 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

How about one point for every 5 homes games whether you get them via the season ticket or not? Would you go for that?

Sure, why not. Although it’s iust getting too technical. 

1 point for joining, 1 point per home game, 2 points for away friendly, 3 points for away competitive, 4 points for outside Europe game, bonus point for a kilt, negative point for glengarry. 

How about leaving the away points system as it is but also keeping a tally of home games attended (or season tickets bought) and using that as a tie breaker when away tickets would otherwise go to a ballot. I.E a scenario where game that goes to three points but needs a ballot sees the tickets being given to people who have the most home points?

11 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

I'd estimate I've been to about 60-70 home matches and I've also enjoyed the season ticket package 2 or 3 times.

I wont go into detail (it's not my place to) but prior to the last campaign; my wee group of pals fell out with the SFA/SSC and were refusing to attend home matches and that left me in a difficult situation i.e. I was as keen as ever to attend, but I was now the Billy No Mates Tartan Army.

My own attendance reduced in that last campaign because I had no one to go with, then I decided, this is no bloody good; if I have to go on my own, so be it.

So, looking to the autumn, I'm hoping the SSC will be offering season ticket (or multi match package) for the Nations League and I'll be taking them up on it for certain.   

So awarding home points wouldn't make much difference to you then. You would still get tickets for all the away games that you wanted to go to. 

The people it could make a difference to, are the people who go to most of the away games (folk on 5 points and above) but go to very few home games. You know who some of them are, and so do I, but I have nothing against them personally. Some of them are my friends and I can understand why they don't want the system changed. They would see their away ticket buying power diminished a wee bit and in some cases it might make the difference between getting an away ticket or not.

These folk love Scottish football as much as anybody else but in financial terms they are contributing far less to the SFA than the people who go to almost every home game. I think that the SFA should be rewarding people who put most money into the SFA bank account, by giving them a wee bit better chance of access to away tickets. Access to away tickets is a huge carrot that the SFA have to try to help promote the sales of home tickets which I don't think they are fully using to their own advantage.

10 minutes ago, kumnio said:

1 point for joining, 1 point per home game, 2 points for away friendly, 3 points for away competitive, 4 points for outside Europe game, bonus point for a kilt, negative point for glengarry. 

Minus up to 5 points for a feather, depending on the length of the feather.:lol: 

15 minutes ago, kumnio said:

We are are getting closer to being in agreement. You'd settle for one point for every 5 home games. I'm effectively suggesting one point for 2 home games, which is the same as 2 points for an away game and 1 point for a home game. A maximum possible of 30 points.

An added advantage being that by having 30 points brackets instead of just 10 we reduce the number of people on each point of the scale of the points system, so that less folk are involved each time there is a ballot/race on the computer, for the last few tickets. 

I think the away fixtures this year are hardly glamorous, and tickets will probably be available to most.. The Euro 2020 draw,,, games next year might throw up some tasty games. Try to get to Hungary and get on the ladder. Five away games this year. Will not be huge numbers getting to all five.  I am going to Hungary, Israel, Albania, on two points, but think I will get two more points from those games. Israel / Albania are countries I never thought I would see in my lifetime.  I agree with system, only because SFA have zero control on allocations from other countries. And when we qualify for 2020!!!!!!..I expect Scotland to take biggest away support ever to any away fixture as us auld yins feart it is our last and young yins their first...

2 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

So awarding home points wouldn't make much difference to you then. You would still get tickets for all the away games that you wanted to go to. 

The people it could make a difference to, are the people who go to most of the away games (folk on 5 points and above) but go to very few home games. You know who some of them are, and so do I, but I have nothing against them personally. Some of them are my friends and I can understand why they don't want the system changed. They would see their away ticket buying power diminished a wee bit and in some cases it might make the difference between getting an away ticket or not.

These folk love Scottish football as much as anybody else but in financial terms they are contributing far less to the SFA than the people who go to almost every home game. I think that the SFA should be rewarding people who put most money into the SFA bank account, by giving them a wee bit better chance of access to away tickets. Access to away tickets is a huge carrot that the SFA have to try to help promote the sales of home tickets which I don't think they are fully using to their own advantage.

The last campaign was out of the norm for me and missing games simply because I was on ma tod is something I regret and is not something I intend to repeat; I felt guilty if I missed a match.

It was a blip and in future, I'll be there, so if you see me sat in a pub pre-match on ma tod, come and say hello :-)

A situation arose and my pals attended Slovakia and Malta away and one of them attended Wembley, but since then, they've not been attending (home or away).

That happened and has passed, but I don't believe for a moment there are swathes of people who only attend away matches; the number must be miniscule in the big scheme of things.

One thing is certain; there should be a points system because if it was a free-for-all it would be an utter shambles - logistically.

Remember; the fans have booked their flights long before stadium's and allocation's have been confirmed.

If you have 3 points, you can at least look at who we are to play and consider how popular such a match will be and where they are likely to play the match; you can make an educated guess as to whether you will get a ticket and therefore you can decide whether to risk booking that flight.

I've looked at matches in the past and thought, 'Don't fancy my chances of getting a ticket for that' and therefore, I didn't book the flight.

A free-for-all would just tip everyone out of the boat.

5 minutes ago, The Bunnet said:

I think the away fixtures this year are hardly glamorous, and tickets will probably be available to most.. The Euro 2020 draw,,, games next year might throw up some tasty games. Try to get to Hungary and get on the ladder. Five away games this year. Will not be huge numbers getting to all five.  I am going to Hungary, Israel, Albania, on two points, but think I will get two more points from those games. Israel / Albania are countries I never thought I would see in my lifetime.  I agree with system, only because SFA have zero control on allocations from other countries. And when we qualify for 2020!!!!!!..I expect Scotland to take biggest away support ever to any away fixture as us auld yins feart it is our last and young yins their first...

If we qualify, (aye, right), I think our away game will be at Wembley, or we might not even have an away game. We might get all three at Hampden.

38 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I think that the SFA should be rewarding people who put most money into the SFA bank account, by giving them a wee bit better chance of access to away tickets.

Problem is that many of those on 0 points would rather go on a glamour away trip with little chance of a ticket, rather than an unnattractive friendly in the likes of Cyprus or Luxembourg. Then they moan about not having enough points.

1 minute ago, wubbs said:

Problem is that many of those on 0 points would rather go on a glamour away trip with little chance of a ticket, rather than an unnattractive friendly in the likes of Cyprus or Luxembourg. Then they moan about not having enough points.

It's sometimes easier to get tickets for the "glamour" games than the smaller games. I don't think we will get many tickets for Albania, for example. I can understand why folk don't want to go to friendlies. I have even stopped going to home friendlies because they are almost  always pish.

I would consider starting going to them again if I got a point though.;)

1 minute ago, wubbs said:

There's a lot of truth in what you say; I doubt we'll see many people on here complaining they can't get a ticket for Albania or Israel.

Over the years, I never understood why so many were so keen to see us up against the likes of Germany, Netherlands, France, Spain and Italy.

More often that not, we were well beaten - especially by the Dutch.  

1 minute ago, Rich NATA said:

There's a lot of truth in what you say; I doubt we'll see many people on here complaining they can't get a ticket for Albania or Israel.

Over the years, I never understood why so many were so keen to see us up against the likes of Germany, Netherlands, France, Spain and Italy.

More often that not, we were well beaten - especially by the Dutch.  

We are not that great against the smaller teams either, to be fair.;)