SSC Renewals - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SSC Renewals

slasher

2 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

I'm wondering how to police harvesters of home game points.   Sample pick-ups for instance would be unlikely to catch anyone.

They don't try to police it for away games, so why bother for the home games. The SFA should just be trying to sell as many home game tickets as possible. It's not really that important if folk go or not. Just get the cash in the bank.

15 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

They don't try to police it for away games, so why bother for the home games. The SFA should just be trying to sell as many home game tickets as possible. It's not really that important if folk go or not. Just get the cash in the bank.

If that's the ultimate aim, then the pricing strategy has been decidedly unsuccessful so far this decade

i enjoy my aways trips fourth year on the bounce for me scrimp and save my cash to do all the games i can i dont do beach holidays or short city breaks just scotland away games they are my holidays no matter where they are at times i have left my self nearly skint at the end of some months all for the love of the game let go times roll again 

11 minutes ago, calum83 said:

i enjoy my aways trips fourth year on the bounce for me scrimp and save my cash to do all the games i can i dont do beach holidays or short city breaks just scotland away games they are my holidays no matter where they are at times i have left my self nearly skint at the end of some months all for the love of the game let go times roll again 

This is the reason the points ladder is in place and should remain so. People who make sacrifices to follow the team away from home

2 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

This is the reason the points ladder is in place and should remain so. People who make sacrifices to follow the team away from home

if we said the next game was on the moon playing who ever i would be trying to get a ticket i have ended up up in the other teams home again on a few games 

1 minute ago, calum83 said:

if we said the next game was on the moon playing who ever i would be trying to get a ticket i have ended up up in the other teams home again on a few games 

👍🏻

Some people think that the SSC and fellow fans owe them something. All because a few day trippers didn't get a ticket for Dortmund or Dublin they've been kicking up fuck since

I just hope Leanne Dempster doesn't get Regans job because she a perfectly good loyalty scheme at Hibs because folk couldn't get tickets for Tynie

20 minutes ago, calum83 said:

I don't know what planet some people on here live on!

3 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Woh there I think you'll find people make sacrifices to watch Scotland at home as well. 

8 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

They do, at times myself included but I do not seek any preferential treatment when it comes to away match briefs 

Ok but you are missing my point, people who are making sacrifices to go to hampden are not going to put any pressure on the points ladder. So why grudge them a wee bit of recognition? 

15 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Ok but you are missing my point, people who are making sacrifices to go to hampden are not going to put any pressure on the points ladder. So why grudge them a wee bit of recognition? 

The points thing is out of hand with everyone wanting a pat on the back for attending a game. Grown men wanting egos massaged for going to a game 30,40,50 miles away.  I don’t go to any home/away games so that I can have recognition.

Edited by Ormond

The current system was created when travelling was difficult.  Now its easy to organise, people have more disposable income and it's an "event" where football is a small part of it.

It needs to change.  People are being rewarded out of proportion for going on holiday and not even bothering with home games which should be your core support.

There should be rewards for all fans and not just the people who travel usually in the older age group with cash to spend.

Bollocks.

You go to away games, you get rewarded with access to away tickets. You go to home games, you get rewarded with access to home tickets. 

Lets do it on miles covered then, guys from Shetlands shouldnt get the same points as a Weegie for attending Hampden games. 

The sense of entitlement by some is comical. 

32 minutes ago, Alan said:

The current system was created when travelling was difficult.  Now its easy to organise, people have more disposable income and it's an "event" where football is a small part of it.

It needs to change.  People are being rewarded out of proportion for going on holiday and not even bothering with home games which should be your core support.

There should be rewards for all fans and not just the people who travel usually in the older age group with cash to spend.

Exactly. :ok: The folk who buy tickets for every HOME game should have the first chance of getting the away tickets. The daft erse for elbow system the SFA uses was fine for the times when it was introduced. But things have changed and the SFA should move with the times and start rewarding the folk who put money in the SFA coffers.  

3 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Bollocks.

You go to away games, you get rewarded with access to away tickets. You go to home games, you get rewarded with access to home tickets. 

Lets do it on miles covered then, guys from Shetlands shouldnt get the same points as a Weegie for attending Hampden games. 

It's not about a sense of entitlement. Well not for me anyway. It's about the SFA doing what's best for the SFA. They should be trying to encourage folk to buy their product by offering rewards for doing so. 

10 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Bollocks.

Don't try talking them round by talking sense to them

5 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Exactly. :ok: The folk who buy tickets for every HOME game should have the first chance of getting the away tickets. The daft erse for elbow system the SFA uses was fine for the times when it was introduced. But things have changed and the SFA should move with the times and start rewarding the folk who put money in the SFA coffers.  

Just now, Orraloon said:

It's not about a sense of entitlement. Well not for me anyway. It's about the SFA doing what's best for the SFA. They should be trying to encourage folk to buy their product by offering rewards for doing so. 

If they want to encourage folk to buy home tickets then they could start by reviewing their abject failure of a pricing policy for home games, which has seen one sell-out in the last 10 years.

As for away games, there are many reasons why fellow fans exercise their freedom of choice to prioritise them over home games - limited annual leave entitlement, their location in the globe, and better value for money going to away games due to the failed pricing policy mentioned above for starters.

There's nothing wrong with the current system - if they try tinkering with it to include home games, they will create an administrative monster for themselves.

26 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Agree, but there’s better ways of doing it. 

18 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

If they want to encourage folk to buy home tickets then they could start by reviewing their abject failure of a pricing policy for home games, which has seen one sell-out in the last 10 years.

As for away games, there are many reasons why fellow fans exercise their freedom of choice to prioritise them over home games - limited annual leave entitlement, their location in the globe, and better value for money going to away games due to the failed pricing policy mentioned above for starters.

There's nothing wrong with the current system - if they try tinkering with it to include home games, they will create an administrative monster for themselves.

Well said 

14 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I quite liked the suggestion someone made ( perhaps flippantly) that part of the away ticket allocation was a ballot. Could they not keep the points system as it is but have say 10-15 % of the tickets as a ballot? 

*Numbers and opponents used for debating purposes only

Away Allocation for crucial qualifier against Northern Ireland: 3,700

3,200 tickets available for 10-5 pointers the following 500 are then in a ballot?

Potentially someone on zero points who could get a ticket ahead of someone who has 4 points and should be next in line on the points scale 

Its not broke so no need to fix it

Edited by DoonTheSlope

5 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

*Numbers and opponents used for debating purposes only

Away Allocation for crucial qualifier against Northern Ireland: 3,700

3,200 tickets available for 10-5 pointers the following 500 are then in a ballot?

Potentially someone on zero points who could get a ticket ahead of someone who has 4 points and should be next in line on the points scale 

Its not broke so no need to fix it

No, you think it aint broke but plenty people do.

I , like many , have been on both sides of the fence and I can understand the frustration of those trying to get on the ladder . I am now on about 7 points but when ny children were young it was just not possible to get away regularly , particularly as a mother. 

This would give everyone at least some chance of getting a ticket. I dont think you should get a point for a balloted ticket but at least you get the chance of a ticket.   

In your example,  the folk on 4 points would just need to suck it the way folk on zero points currently do.