Children In Need - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Children In Need

Tax dodging millionaires telling the working man to donate there last pound so junkies bairns are looked after. Terry Wogan would plead for yer hard earned all the while he was taking a fee for presenting the fucking thing

The jaikey bastards can't afford to feed their bairns or heat the hoose but they can always afford 20 Mayfair and a bottle of Grants

Every year it's the same scenario in the office. The same workshy, lazy, arse licking, crawling bastards spend weeks organising raffles, selling cakes, putting red noses and teddys up and fuck knows what else so they can get time away from their desks and avoid doing a bit of work. The same fly cunts that love folk retiring and milestone birthdays so they can nip away to John Lewis and spend the collection on a present, on business time I must add

The best of it is it's the BBC! The same fuckers who hid the peadophile scandal are now wanting to save the children. You couldn't make it up

Got be honest, I'm not a cynical individual but I struggle with the celebrity begging bowl on this one too.  Two schemes that HMRC have rumbled has cost about £1bn in tax and they're getting excited about raising 5%-7% of this for good causes that their avoidance/evasion has effectively stolen from in the first place.  The fact that it is all UK based work, things that should come from tax revenue, strengthens the point too as the hypocrisy is staggering - they're culpable in the suffering of these kids then come on the screen demanding we help fix it by effectively paying some of their tax really; it baffles me people don't get angry at it:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40120027

For me I earn x means I pay y in tax - I lead a moderate lifestyle (1 house, 1 car, 1 dog, 1 holiday) and have money left over each month and if I get promoted again any extra spending will just be frivolous.  I'm not interested in saving a bit here from saving off the top line or changing pension contributions to rob money off of Nation Insurance; the present culture of pure greed, look after number 1, needs fixed for me and that isn't going to happen with Doctor Who sitting in a bath of beans with the John Lewis monster hilariously washing his back or some other shite.  

Personally I don't donate to it as I think it is a charade and a farce.  I wrestled with it for a while as wandered if I was turning in to a cynical miserable old bastard but on watching again a few years back decided on a different path.  Personal choice, and my wife was getting sick of sh@gging me, so we're trying to adopt and, currently in the process, on seeing the inadequacy of social work facility and resource in the public sector it made me even more fukking livid at these bastards dodging their tax responsibilities.   

There is a bit of generalisation going on here, and I should know cos I have a fair bit of experience on generalising ....🙂

Do we know that all the celebrities taking part are up to tax dodges , and if they are, are they illegal ? Most probably not. The problem is the law , not the celebrities.  To me ,  programmes like Strictly and Im a Celebrity are worse. We are actually paying them so that they can offload their cash to tax dodges. 

Unfortunately, despite being close to Christmas , governments are not going to turn into Santa Claus any time soon,. While we chip away trying to change things   I dont have a problem with  money that can be collected to help children . 

I dont donate to Children In Need , I try to donate to causes that get less publicity, I would be more inclined to give it to Cash for Kids as I feel they probably get overlooked by Children In Need.  . A bigger problem for me though is where the money ends up . Like Thistle Whistle , I dont want to turn into a complete cynic, but have concerns regading the allocation.