Jambos new stand - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jambos new stand

Last I heard there is another, final, inspection tomorrow at some point. Poor really, even if Hearts and Edinburgh Council are prepared to leave this to the very last minute It's a shoddy way to treat Partick Thistle. No idea of the rules and regulations, but if game doesn't get the go ahead tomorrow Thistle should be awarded the points. Considering where we were such a sort time ago, it's genuinely amazing that we are about to open a new stand, at Tynecastle, and have a ground with a 20,000 capacity. Big picture, it's all positive. But the past month or so has been very badly handled by Budge and those running the club.

Hearts should have held their hands up on Monday and said we can't guarantee the fixture. Now they are on a doing whatever happens.

This one's a test of the SPFL's (or whatever they are called this season) mettle. Will they enforce their own rules?

If this had involved either of the ugly sisters, there's not a chance this would have been allowed to go on this far without a decision.

4 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Hearts should have held their hands up on Monday and said we can't guarantee the fixture. Now they are on a doing whatever happens.

This one's a test of the SPFL's (or whatever they are called this season) mettle. Will they enforce their own rules?

If this had involved either of the ugly sisters, there's not a chance this would have been allowed to go on this far without a decision.

Totally agree.

42 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

Last I heard there is another, final, inspection tomorrow at some point. Poor really, even if Hearts and Edinburgh Council are prepared to leave this to the very last minute It's a shoddy way to treat Partick Thistle. No idea of the rules and regulations, but if game doesn't get the go ahead tomorrow Thistle should be awarded the points. Considering where we were such a sort time ago, it's genuinely amazing that we are about to open a new stand, at Tynecastle, and have a ground with a 20,000 capacity. Big picture, it's all positive. But the past month or so has been very badly handled by Budge and those running the club.

Good post. I'm assuming the game couldn't go ahead but just with new stand remaining unopened?

8 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Good post. I'm assuming the game couldn't go ahead but just with new stand remaining unopened?

Correct. The only real issue is the roadway between the new stand and the Roseburun  (away stand) so affects 2 stands. Hearts are very confident the game will go ahead but it's certainly a long way from ideal. Will be fantastic when it opens 

1 hour ago, Big Col said:

so what are the possible scenarios ?

Safety certificate issued = game goes ahead.

Safety certificate denied = game behind closed doors ?

Safety certificate denied = No game, Hearts unable to fulfil fixture, Partick awarded 0-3 win ?

Pretty sure I read if it’s unfit for purpose, spfl would allow a postponement.