world cup of losers - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

world cup of losers

dan cake

On ‎17‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:32 PM, Flure said:

Ah, right.

I'll bear that in mind next timeI'm arranging a trip to see Scotland play.

That it's all about the football.

When I'm arranging a trip to see Scotland play football.

I can only assume you never look around you at away games and see folk who are incapable of standing, never mind watching the football.

14 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I can only assume you never look around you at away games and see folk who are incapable of standing, never mind watching the football.

I've come across to many of them at Aberdeen away games and concerts. It's not just an issue with the Scotland games.

Nothing wrong with having a drink, party and enjoyment win lose or draw but a minority give off the impression they have little interest in the football and just there for a piss up. They can do that if they want as long as they don't obstruct peoples view or become a nuisance which has happened a couple of times.

7 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

That's when I was last a member, have they changed the name?

Not only have they changed the name, it's not a Travel Club.

It's a "Supporters Club".

Membership went from the low thousands to - last I looked - over 30000

7 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

They aren't.

A decent % of our away support however treat competitive away games as purely a jolly and the football is secondary. Usually the folk who'd idea of body hygiene is changing their top every 3rd day. I'm sure you know the sort I mean. It only get's worse for friendlies.

Nothing wrong with going to  support the team, I've done my fair share of daft friendlies abroad but forgive me for suggesting this kind of trip would be a waste of time.

Would make the team last week seem experienced given the number of call offs we'd get.

Spot on.